This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
    True for Ben Browder (probably), false for Claudia Black. As you remember, Vala was first introduced in season 8 - Prometheus Unbound episode. Claudia said in the interview that originally they wanted another actress for that episode, but she wasn't available, so they offered her the part (after offering her another guest roles in the past, without any success because Claudia was busy doing something else).
    And from what she's said, she was given free reign to do watever she liked with the role.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
      What are you talking about? The ratings which made the funders decide to renew for another season? Those ratings?

Go on then, knock us all out. List all the ratings which you think matter more.

{snip}

*laughs at your implying that I need to chill* Perhaps you missed my post where I enouraged you to keep going {snip}
      And the funders commission DVD movies without regard to the Scifi channels influence.
      Last edited by TameFarrar; 29 October 2006, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
        And from what she's said, she was given free reign to do watever she liked with the role.
        Which is great I remember Michael Shanks saying in one of his interviews last year that Claudia brought a lot of ideas to the table.
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Which is great I remember Michael Shanks saying in one of his interviews last year that Claudia brought a lot of ideas to the table.
          Did you know Claudia sings one of the tracks on Paul Goddard's(Stark) album.www.colemansmith.net it plays as one of the random selections. The track is called groovy.
          Last edited by david2708; 29 October 2006, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Did you know Claudia sings one of the tracks on Paul Goddard's(Stark) album.
            Yup, I've bought "Move" several months ago and "Groovy" (the song performed by Claudia) is one of my fav tracks on this album. Paul said he would love to record the whole album with Claudia, so who knows what future holds?

Comment

Yup, I've bought "Move" several months ago and "Groovy" (the song performed by Claudia) is one of my fav tracks on this album. Paul said he would love to record the whole album with Claudia, so who knows what future holds?
              I shall ask him about that

Comment

I shall ask him about that
                Really?

Comment

Really?
                  Well, not for a week or two. They're all off to some Farscape convention in the states this or next week.

Comment

Well, not for a week or two. They're all off to some Farscape convention in the states this or next week.
                    Next. And unfortunately it's THE LAST official Farscape convention organized by Creation.

ETA: wrong. This week, as the con starts Nov 3rd.

Comment

And the funders commission DVD movies...
                      Not going to give us that list of ratings then, huh? Thought not. A poor attempt to duck the very thing you were called on, that. About as sophisticated as your {Snip} attempts at gender mockery, which fell so flat because none of the girlies here have been posting calls for the halcyon days when Colonel Jack O'Neill was a new age house-husband and SG-1 sat around the briefing table wailing about failing relationships and comparing knitting patterns.

Satire requires just a bit of skill, david. As does evading answering a dubious piece of "guesswork" that you've been called on. {snip}.
                      Last edited by TameFarrar; 29 October 2006, 11:10 AM.
                      scarimor

Comment

MITCHELL
                        Oh, I know I can't control her. But that's pretty much par for the course. Sir…Carter and I are the same rank. Teal'c's an alien. Jackson's a civilian. I learned a long time ago, I don't "control" anything.
                        Military speak for: I don’t have what it takes to do this job and lead this team effectively. Reassign me please.

Like I said a gutless attempt by the writers to please everyone and not piss off the Sam fans by “officially” demoting her for no logical reason.
                        Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

i think it's not so much as Sam isn't leadership material as more it comes to down to who has that 'it' factor that can carry a show. RDA had that for 5 seasons before he lost interest.
                          I think you’re missing the point that a lot of people are trying to make here.

B.B. could have still been the “lead” of the show and Sam could have led the team at the SAME time. It’s like saying that RDA wasn’t the show’s lead and Don Dean was because Hammond was in command. O’Neill answered to Hammond BUT without a doubt RDA was the “Lead” of the show.

I think that’s what a lot of fans are mad about. And saying they couldn’t leave Sam in charge of the team and made Ben the lead doesn’t work because of how they wrote Hammond and O’Neill for years.
                          Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

Oh, nooooo. Take this {snip} command argument to the thread it's been discussed for ages!!!
                            Last edited by TameFarrar; 29 October 2006, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                              I don't know where I saw or heard it, maybe it was in an episode in the last season. But I remember Mitchell at one point talking about how he couldn't command Daniel because he was a civilian, couldn't command Teal'c because he was a member of the Jaffa council and an alien, and that he couldn't command Sam because they were the same rank.

Actually, this was "Insiders" episode:

INT—SGC CORRIDOR, LEVEL 28

[Landry and Mitchell step out of an elevator and start walking down the corridor.]

LANDRY
                              You sure you want to bring her (Vala) along on this one?

MITCHELL
                              Jackson says she'll be useful. Now's her chance to prove it.

LANDRY
                              But Dr. Jackson isn't here, and it seems to me, he's the only one she ever listens to.

MITCHELL
                              (hesitantly)
                              Yeah…some of the time.

LANDRY
                              You don't think you can control her?

MITCHELL
                              Oh, I know I can't control her. But that's pretty much par for the course. Sir…Carter and I are the same rank. Teal'c's an alien. Jackson's a civilian. I learned a long time ago, I don't "control" anything.

LANDRY
                              Who does?

AHA! I knew I heard right!!!!!!!

I didn't remember where I got it from, and so didn't want to say I heard it if it wasn't actually said, but that just proved I was right! thanks Farscapefan !!!!!!
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                              President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                              Forum Charmer
                              Forum Ambassador
                              Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Oh, nooooo. Take this {snip} command argument to the thread it's been discussed for ages!!!
                                Yeah why argue any further eh...I mean you are right and we are wrong...

Vala is the best character ever made up by the writers...Mitchell is the hero who everyone wants to be and well the old team...lets face it everyone...they are just some accuring characters who actually are stupid and boring /sarcasm
                                Last edited by TameFarrar; 29 October 2006, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X