This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep
    No and thats all im saying on it, stop making the new characters the scapegoats, Jack left, he needed to be replaced, they chose Cam to do it and that decision should be good enough. The new characters are just as engaging and interestng to watch grow and develop as SG1 ever was with Jack in the past.
    i totally disagree.

if season 9 was the introduction of this new show, i think it fell and caused a domino effect. i feel that season 9's HUGE problems are why season 10's ratings are so low. but like we've all said, it's just an opinion.

i don't feel that rda/jack *had* to be replaced, since the sam-daniel-teal'c combo was doing just fine in seasons 7 and 8 in covering for his loss. and with 8's ratings being the highest of any season to date, i think that proves that the sam-daniel-teal'c combo COULD lead this show into victory.

i totally and completely agree that for any creative entity to survive, change must happen. i'm all for adding new characters and bringing in a new villian. what i'm *not* for is retarding the original cast to fit in these new additions. while daniel faired the best in the mix up, he still was partially shoved aside to give us the mitchell-vala show. and really, *that's* how i've seen this since season 9.

i can see that the writers are trying to fix some of these s9 errors in season 10, but i fear it's a little too late, seeing as a big chunk of fans have abandoned the show. and truth be told... as much as i want stargate sg1 to continue, i *don't* want the show that is now.

did mitchell and vala kill this show? yes and no. yes that the writing of these characters hurt it, and yes that the literal giving of the show to them hurt it, but no in that the characters themselves are not crap. it's all in the presentation.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
      Vala is my absolutely favourite character on the show and I really hope to see much more of her character's adventures and development. Now, when she's regular character the show is really, really, and I mean really enjoyable for me very, very much.

So answering the original question, whether Vala killed Stargate? HELL NO!!!

Well that particularly word had been used overmuch recently by certain people - IMO, naturally.

Don't bother looking. It's been modded.

Suse
      deeply amused
      Last edited by suse; 24 August 2006, 09:01 AM.
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
        I've been a constant fan from the moment I got my first season DVD set (didn't have Showtime at the time), so I've watched it since it came to Sci Fi, personally... but usually I missed episodes and before I knew it I just waited for the DVD lol

However, season 9 changed that - I agree with you that the writing is the same or better then the other seasons. I was impressed with the storyline, impressed with the characters, and I saw the team interaction where others apparently did not. So you are defnetely not alone
        Nobody is alone as I feel the same way. I think the quality of the show is as good or better as it always has been. Vala/Cam are great new aditions and I'm sad the show is cancelled as I thought it shows promise for a much longer run. Seasons 1-8 were great and I think 9and 10 are just as good.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
          Seasons 1-8 were great and I think 9and 10 are just as good.
          Or even better. Season 10 definitely is.
          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
            Or even better. Season 10 definitely is.
            Indeed! I love season 10 and can't wait for Counterstrike!
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
              Indeed! I love season 10 and can't wait for Counterstrike!
              It definitely looks like a good one. I can't wait for tomorrow night. Plus, there will be a nice
              Spoiler:
              scene between Vala and Daniel. Apparently, he tells her all about Sha're.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                And acted!
                Yes she did. She acted really good for her part. Except she is on at military team. And the last time I checked a military team doesn't consist of a hot girl running around in pigtails doing what the hell she wants disobaying order a will. See my point here. SciFi screwed SG-1 up in that sense. the hardcore fans that tune in every week want to watch a military team step through the gate with our guns shooting at aliens. Not watching a little girl run around in pigtail annoying the hell out of us. Mitch even openly admits he doesn't have control and he doesn't command anybody.

So now that it is cancelled I wonder the SciFi PTB will put BB on Eueka as the Sheriff and Cladia as the Deputy. makes sense to me.
                Last edited by LORD MONK; 25 August 2006, 01:34 PM.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

This thread became one huge condemnation of the writers......but the writers wrote the characters........and the characters were fitted only poorly to the sg1 dynamics. I still think we must blame the characters - whether you want to say they are poorly written or not - they didn't mesh.

Comment

Originally posted by principia
                    This thread became one huge condemnation of the writers......but the writers wrote the characters........and the characters were fitted only poorly to the sg1 dynamics. I still think we must blame the characters - whether you want to say they are poorly written or not - they didn't mesh.
                    The characters would never have existed without the writers. Do you mean that the characters of Mitchell and Vala should never have been introduced in any form?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                      Yes she did. She acted really good for her part. Except she is on a military team. And the last time I checked a military team doesn't consist of a hot girl running around in pigtails doing what the hell she wants disobaying order a will. See my point here. SciFi screwed SG-1 up in that sense. the hardcore fans that tune in every week want to watch a military team step through the gate with our guns shooting at aliens. Not watching a little girl run around in pigtail annoying the hell out of us. Mitch even openly admits he doesn't have control and he doesn't command anybody.
                      Not this hardcore viewer. I watch for character interactions and cool plot revelations. Whatever military stuff they throw in doesn't interest me in the least.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        The characters would never have existed without the writers. Do you mean that the characters of Mitchell and Vala should never have been introduced in any form?

That seems to be the implication.

I just typed out a big, long post then decided, eh, why bother? Those who want to blame Vala/Mitchell for the demise of the show aren't going to be persuaded by my argument, and those who, like me, do not believe V/M are to blame don't need my two cents.

Whatever the reason, the show did have 10 years and that's probaby 4 years more than they ever expected.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                          That seems to be the implication.

I just typed out a big, long post then decided, eh, why bother? Those who want to blame Vala/Mitchell for the demise of the show aren't going to be persuaded by my argument, and those who, like me, do not believe V/M are to blame don't need my two cents.

Whatever the reason, the show did have 10 years and that's probaby 4 years more than they ever expected.
                          remember Rob Cooper himself said he and Brad wright tried to end the show several times S5-7 but it was too successful and it still is IMO
                          SAVE SG-1
                          www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                          Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

I don't believe that they demised it intentionally but you gotta admit whenever they act together the series gets binned.
                            RE Farscape for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by The.Prior.of.The.Ori
                              remember Rob Cooper himself said he and Brad wright tried to end the show several times S5-7 but it was too successful and it still is IMO
                              And now they have a new great story and they get canned. Someone else will pick them up. To kcik butt not to.
                              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Watt
                                I don't believe that they demised it intentionally but you gotta admit whenever they act together the series gets binned.
                                RE Farscape for instance.
                                All that indicates is bad luck if you ask me. It has nothing to do with them or their acting abilities.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X