This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    I find Torchwood a little strange, it seems to be set in an alternate universe where everyone is bisexual...
    LOL! I guess that's at least partly true. looool. <3

Captain Jack even made me question MY sexuality.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazeAngel View Post
      Hello, everybody!
      This is my first post in the forum. I decided to write to seek your advise. Ever since I saw the last episode, I am in a deeper, and deeper depression every single day! Serously! There's this vast emptiness, and I do not know how to pull myself out of it!
      Am I the only one that feels this profound sadness? This is beyond belief... I have never, ever felt this way before. 10 years of my life... It is over now! I cannot comprehend this fact.
      Do you feel the same way? How do you deal with the sad feelings? Watching the episodes, over and over again does not help... Looking ahead, towards the new movie - does not help! The only light in the tunnel for me is the hope for a 3rd series...

Well, give your advise... How can I deal with this situation?

Cheers,
      BlazeAngel

Instead of watching TV you could also volunteer. There are hospitals/youth groups/ peer programs/the red cross/tutoring/meal programs...that all need volunteers. You'll meet new people and get a positive feeling out of it.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Just realize a lot of us are sad that it's over but at the end of the day it's a tv show. A great one grant it and one with a surpurb story and a long run. Remember there are the movies and other great shows to watch as well as the dvds. Also there is that little anoying thing called work.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Just realize a lot of us are sad that it's over but at the end of the day it's a tv show. A great one grant it and one with a surpurb story and a long run. Remember there are the movies and other great shows to watch as well as the dvds. Also there is that little anoying thing called work.
          LOL...that too! So much for having that sci-fi friday as the perfect way to end the work week.

Comment

GATEWORLD CLICK HERE: How Michael Shanks is dealing with life after SG-1. VIDEO CLIP
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

LOL oh thats cruel. But funny.

Comment

The actor looked more like Steve from Blues Clues.

Comment

Watch CNN and see how the lives of others are more screwed than yours. You'll get over it.
                  School is overrated.

Comment

i only just finished the episode half an hour ago, and I'm wondering the same thing. I devoted a year of my life to watch the a majority of the series. At the end of last March, I saw the last episode of season 3, the one where we're introduced to the Replicators. Then Small Victories got me hooked. Ever since, it's like I was in my own personal time dilation field watching Stargate. And now...with everything that happened in the final epi...I don't think a movie will do it for me! What's going on it's a freaking tv show!? Oh well...guess I'll switch to Sanctuary...mainly cuz of Amanda Tapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H View Post
                      i only just finished the episode half an hour ago, and I'm wondering the same thing. I devoted a year of my life to watch the a majority of the series. At the end of last March, I saw the last episode of season 3, the one where we're introduced to the Replicators. Then Small Victories got me hooked. Ever since, it's like I was in my own personal time dilation field watching Stargate. And now...with everything that happened in the final epi...I don't think a movie will do it for me! What's going on it's a freaking tv show!? Oh well...guess I'll switch to Sanctuary...mainly cuz of Amanda Tapping.
                      Try loving it for the whole 10. My intial feeling was the sam very proud that it lasted this long andame but I will always keep SG-1 in my heart as my fav tv show. Now on with the movies, season 4 of SGA an hopefully more movies and series, oh yeah and Sanctuary.

Comment

There are other shows that I enjoy that will keep me entertained. And I do have all the episodes that are available on DVD of SG-1 to re-watch at any time I choose. But nothing will ever fully take SG-1's spot for me.

Ten years is a long time to get involved in a show, and I'll probably never fully get over it's being gone. But, at least I have a lot of good memories. And I can relive a bunch of them here on GW.

Also, for the time being anyways, I have the two SG-1 movies to look forward to. Very exciting stuff.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Kick it like females.

Go shopping and spent hundrets of dollars, euros, slottis (, whatever currency) on something. Something here means Stargate DVD boxes.

Preferably use your wife's credit card.
                          "Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself. Praise is no part of it, for nothing is made worse or better by praise."

Comment

Well, I guess it doesn't compare but I'm sure there will be virtual season 11s and roleplay games popping up, maybe get involved in one of those lol.

I have the entire collection on my PC so I can watch any of them, but its not the same :/

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              LOL oh thats cruel. But funny.
                              I didn't make the vid, but I also thought it was funny & fitting for this thread.
                              sigpic
                              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

I started losing interest in SG-1 after season 8, so I'm not all that upset at the moment. Plus I've thrown all my time into Atlantis lately so I didn't even remember to watch all the new season 10 episodes. I'll have to remember to catch them on sci-fi.

With the movies and Atlantis still going, I think we'll be able to deal. We'll always have fan fiction to fill the void and fix things we don't like.

Comment

Working...
                                X