No announcement yet.

Maybe the Asgard aren't all that...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had always wondered why they hadnt used their downloaded minds intot he ships to do w/e they wanted. Thor managed it ok and that was without any special built things.

But I guess, the answer to them all is: They needed to die, well accoridng to the producers anyway.

Comment

It also nicely explains their absence as of late.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

I doubt the scavenger part.

But I've thought about the rest before, they could've designed new bodies.
        Originally posted by G.B Shaw
        Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
        Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
        Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
        You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
        Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
        One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
        You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
        The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
        www.7-scales.co.uk
        http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Originally posted by mrdice87 View Post
          Thor could interface with Anubis ship...
          The Asgard can transfer consciousnesses between bodies...
          They have immensely powerful computers with vast amounts of storage...
          They can seemingly synthesize objects easily (food, anti-replicator weapon)

why would they destroy themselves when they could just abandon the biological cloning program and design a better body? why do they need biological bodies at all? They obviously have a way to store conciousnesses during transfer, so just leave out the next body and live in a computer, or a nanite body.

just a thought. maybe the reason the Asgard died is not because of biological problems, b ut because they were inherently unable to think "outside the box." They may have been scavengers who simply stole enough technology that they decided they were "smart."

Seriously though, 30,000 years and they couldn't implement a computer-based consciousness? We (in real life) should have that kind of technology in less than a hundred years from now...

P.S. Where is the AI in Stargate? (Besides replicators/Asurans) Other Sci-Fis use AIs to manage ships and such... Cortana could find a way out.
          they got tired of living..

Seriously.. They should hhave done enough tests with replicators to be able to implant a mind in them.

Maybe they did. And they needed to kill their bodies..

my one complaint was... ALL THE ASGARDS SHIPS ARE NOW GONE! Why not give us them!?!?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic View Post

Seriously.. They should hhave done enough tests with replicators to be able to implant a mind in them.

my one complaint was... ALL THE ASGARDS SHIPS ARE NOW GONE! Why not give us them!?!?
            But are they? JM has hinted that we will find out what happened to them...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic View Post

lol yah, i am confused about the ships... what happened 2 them? i mean the asgard gave us all there technology, y not there ships?
              Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
              Anime signature in spoiler tag
              Spoiler:
              Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

About the thought that the Asgard aren't advanced because they didn't put their minds in computers instead of just dieing like and an advanced race would - I totally disagree.

The Ancients were the most advanced race in the known Universe and they all died instead of putting their minds in machines, so the fact the Asgard didn't isn't suprising.

The members of the Asgard race have been around for thousands of years because of their cloning and no children means no more Asgard conciousnesses. Thor and his people have been conciously Alive for thousands of years and have had to deal with alot. They tried their hardest to solve their cloning problem which gave them a disease and they were possibly facing destruction from the Ori. I think the Asgard got sick of living to fail and decided that they may as well die with dignity knowing they will live on in memory as a great race and knowing their actions helped save galaxies of beings, then to live on and fail infront of an audience of races trying to repair the damage they did to themselves.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:
                President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                Forum Charmer
                Forum Ambassador
                Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Ive read many of the "excuses" explaining why the asgard would still be alive, many of which I thought of myself. All of them to me seem better than actually killing off the asgard completely, which appears to be just a cheap way to quickly advance the show and come up with a "good" ending for it (The tau'ri becoming the fifth race & stuff). Although reviving the asgard later on may be kind of corny (sort of like Jackson dying and being revived several times) it would be better than this ending which simply doesnt make sense.

Also, I dont understand how the show will continue (hoping the DVD sales are effective in creating more movies) with the tau'ri having all this technology. It seems a little to easy.

Comment

Hmm....why couldn't they just implement a human body with there conciousnous ? Granted our bodies have a long way to go but you think they could have pushed us along further enough to use clones of humans.
                    Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

ok, I have to say the arc is obvious. read spoiler

Spoiler:

1. They Didnt show the Asguard die,
                      2. ALL the Ships are Missing
                      3. They Give us their technology

So...

They All gathered and went into their ships and left for another Galaxy/Home, and decided to leave us all their stuff that they weren't able to take with them.

Lured The Ori to their planet and blew up their planet to help us.

We'll find out what happened in the Movie
                      Last edited by Skate Zilla; 15 April 2007, 02:07 PM.
                      Skate Zilla/Digital Overload

Comment

Working...
                      X