Teal'c's age in "Unending" -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    They keep changing the Jaffa ages in the show. In earlier eps Teal'c told Jack he was 400 and Brat'ac told Sam he was 700.

Now, the ages are completely random. LOL.
    don't remember that
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
      Even if Teal'c still looks the same at the end of the ep, keep in mind, he was 102 back in 2000, so he was 109 in "Unending" at the start, so he's "149" now, Bra'tac is 143 (he was 133 in 1997 in "Bloodlines") so there is a huge piece of retcon here. Esp. with Teal'c being OLDER than Bra'tac now!

Anyone else agree?

Vala,
      90+ in bloodlines.

McKay: Crap.
      Hermiod: What did you do?
      McKay: I just ran it through a translation program. It's Wraith.
      Hermiod: Crap, indeed.

Comment

I think that they just did this with Teal'c so that if they make another movie in 10 years (a la Star Trek original series movies) and Teal'c looks older, that is the explanation since being 100 is like being 35 and being 140 is like being 70. Otherwise, the rest of the team would age and he wouldn't and there would be practically no way to do that.

Vala,

Comment

I think that they just did this with Teal'c so that if they make another movie in 10 years (a la Star Trek original series movies) and Teal'c looks older, that is the explanation since being 100 is like being 35 and being 140 is like being 70. Otherwise, the rest of the team would age and he wouldn't and there would be practically no way to do that.

Vala,
          I mentioned this in another thread. I got the impression that this is exactly what the writers where trying to do. It makes sense. Now Teal'c can age with the rest of SG-1 in future installments of the series.

Comment

In bloodlines Bratac was 133 and in Threshold was 138 and said that soon his symbiote would reject him. In the light Teal'c was 101 meaning Bratac was 137. So in Unending teal'c would be 156 after the 50 years and Bratac 143 so they look close to the same age. Teal'c has aged and I hope they keep that look for the movies.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              Personally I think it was a miss guided attempt to restore everything yet keep Teal'c young as all he needs to do now is dye his hair when by right, he should have aged like the rest of them. As a Jaffa he would age slowly thanks to the symbiote but without it he still should have aged a lot older than he originally did.
              It was never stated that the symbiote is what extends their age. For all we know it could be the genetic engineering they did to Humans (thereby turning them into Jaffa) in order to make them suitable for carrying lavre around.

Comment

Is it not simply possible the time field had a strange effect on his physical body?
                Remember, wrinkles and all the signs of old age are not a measurment of the body's actual age, but rather the bodies ability to self-regenerate.
                So Teal'c while technically older than Bre'tac, did not actually alter significantly because his body itself has not actively endured those years of age?

Comment

I don't believe he was in the 100's. As I recall, they said he was around the age of 80 sometime in the early years of the show. This would put him in the mid-late 90's. And still, we all know that they age differently than us.

I hope that they 'fix' this age thing in the upcoming movies.

Comment

Let me clear this up. The whole thing about Teal'c being 90-something was from the early, early MGM www.stargate-sg1.com page with their underdeveloped biographies of the characters. His true age was given in "The Light" as being 101, turning to 102 shortly.

Vala,

Comment

Let me clear this up. The whole thing about Teal'c being 90-something was from the early, early MGM www.stargate-sg1.com page with their underdeveloped biographies of the characters. His true age was given in "The Light" as being 101, turning to 102 shortly.

Vala,
                      I guesss some people don't read posts before they post (not refering to you) as I just answered that question 5 or so posts ago.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
                        Is it not simply possible the time field had a strange effect on his physical body?
                        Remember, wrinkles and all the signs of old age are not a measurment of the body's actual age, but rather the bodies ability to self-regenerate.
                        So Teal'c while technically older than Bre'tac, did not actually alter significantly because his body itself has not actively endured those years of age?
                        But he has actively endured those years of age, he's now been a member of SG-1 for about 60 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          But he has actively endured those years of age, he's now been a member of SG-1 for about 60 years.
                          Good point, now hes now been with the stargate program longer than the program existed.

We don't know what tretonin completely does with Jaffa aging, sure looks like it helps stop from going completely gray by 140.

Who knows mabey the tretonin that they engineered on the ship during the 50 years was enhanced in some way.

A lot of questions, but hes old, and im willing to leave it at that.
                          I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

This helps me to sleep at night, Now with tealcs new age he is on par with the other cast members so that in future stargate movies, eps (could happen) and so forth he can age accordingly in sync with how christopher judge would age. Also i think that the new hair looks cool, and at the very worst he could shave it all off again? Also, 1 final thing, couldnt have ended the series better than with a unison INDEED, and a trip throught the gate.
                            Im really gonna miss stargate, its been a major part of my life, and for that im grateful.

"Indeed"
                            You know how to make yourself sound like a creep, end every sentence by saying LADIES...

I am Thor... Supreme Commander of the Asgard flett... Ladies

Comment

Am I the only one that HATES the hair? Why is it only on one side, and why is it such an insane shape? I don't like it, I hope he gets some Just For Men in time for Ark of Truth...
                              Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                              http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Vala,
                                so he about 160 or so now ????
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X