Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brief Unending Trailer on Sky One (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope they don't kill off the Azgard. That would suck, but if Earth did get all their technology/knowledge that would make the movies more interesting. Wonder if they would use the Azgard power source to power Atlantis.
    Last edited by Hypochondriac; 10 March 2007, 02:45 PM.

Comment

The room teal'c was fighting in is the same one that he was in with explosion and shield. as we see the odyssey blowing it has to be on board. we haven't seen every deck and every room on the ship so it is more than likely that is where he was. I did notice tonight though when i watched dominion that the ship was definitely moving faster, the way it was moving in the trailer though made it look more like a small fighter than large spaceship, im hoping that it was just speed up so it would fit in the trailer.

Comment

I was under the impression that Unending supposed to be about
        Spoiler:
        possible future time lines, which means all the various spoilers might be accurate. Nothing that happens should be worried about, since at the end it'll probably all be back to normal
        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Hmmm, an episode is only 41 minutes of actual story, so I don't see how much can be accomplished is so little time. Indeed, several episodes so far have seem quite rushed.

As for the Asgard... remember Thor was away on a delicate assignment. Now, what would the Supreme Commander of your fleet be doing that would have taken him so long, and be so "delicate"?

Also, Earth has no time dilation machine capability, so if there is one in this episode it has to come from somewhere, and the Asgard are the likely candidates.

Comment

It's true about the Asgard thing.

Here is spoilers from the Asgard part of the finale:

Spoiler:
            With time running out for them, the Asgard are forced to take drastic measures. Fearing their knowledge might fall into the wrong hands, they plan to end their lives after handing over their entire knowledge base, technology and history to SG-1. But before the transfer can be completed, the Ori drop out of hyperspace and engage the Odyssey.

Despite their best efforts, SG-1 struggle to repel the attack. It seems that the Asgard technology installed on the Odyssey is actually allowing the Ori to track the ship. Will the very tools that seemed to promise their victory over the Ori actually bring about their defeat? Who will emerge victorious from this epic battle?

While here is a basic plot summary of how it will go:

Spoiler:
            Basically they get a chip that allows them to bypass Ori shields. Not sure if the Asgard help them with that or not. They take Odyssey out, without the usual crew. Only SG-1 with Landry in command. They go Ori hunting. Manage to take out an Ori ship. However in doing so, there is a huge explosion from within the Ori ship. The blast wave hits Odyssey & knocks out all the power, shields & what have you.

Then they try to get power back, but another Ori ship comes out of HS suddenly. The Ori ship fired at the defenceless Odyssey, slicing right through it with a single shot. The ship explodes right at the neck end, the scene switches to Teal'c, as the explosion comes into the background about to engulf him. He activates a time dialation device that he's carrying, which reverses the process. Meaning the ship doesn't get destroyed. However in doing so they get stuck in the time dialation field. Hence they are required to live out their lives on Odyssey because they have no way to contact Earth & the other ships in Pegasus.

Therefore it obviously isn't about them travelling into the future. More likely, it'll simply jump 20 years to show them having lived on the ship for all that time. Then the scene will jumpt to another 20 years. To show them while old & having spent 40 years aboard it.

However obviously at the end of the ep, while old & wrinkly, Carter will do something, where the whole process will be reversed or whatever. Then it'll go back to the present day SGC. Where they will be normal again. Then in the very final scene, they all walk through the SG one last time before the credits roll. Odyssey doesn't get destroyed after the reset because it's in the 1st movie.

The only thing in limbo is the Asgard situation. Did SG-1 get the info at the end of the day, did the Asgard get destroyed by the Ori ship or did they kill themselves off.

Obviously I can't see it because if the SGC got their entire knowledgebase & tech, then they'd be pretty much invulnerable to almost anyone other than perhaps the Asurans. So if they did get that, then they could probably take all the O'Neill class warships that were left & uses them to defend Earth etc or even send them to Pegasus to take out the Wraith. It would be so cool to see them getting that, but can't see it. So I think that they'll go back to before it happened. Then at the end, they won't have got nothing from the Asgard at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Team SG-1*save the show*
              But why would the Asguard want to end their lives!!!?
              better yet, even if they were a dying race why would they give their tech to earth -
              especially their "offensive" tech :/

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                better yet, even if they were a dying race why would they give their tech to earth -
                especially their "offensive" tech :/
                Why not grab their ships, then head to Earth or even Atlantis. Live in a secret part of the world. While if anything ever happens that threatens the planet, they can power up Merlins Device. Then they'll always be safe.

I don't think I'd kill myself, when there is an uber city lying a few days away which probably holds the key to saving their lives. While it's not to say that they don't have enough room in the city for whatever amount of Aasgard that remain.

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
                  i hope Unending more then a 1 hour episode. Since it is the last in the whole sersis.
                  SciFi ordered 20 episodes for Season 10. To have a two-hour finale, they'd have to use Episodes 19 & 20 as the series finale. However, Episode 19 "Dominion" is it's own story, thus confirming the finale will be a one-hour episode.

Comment

I sure hope the Asgard don't end up taking those actions in this episode. That would actually tick me off pretty bad. They've been such awesome allies over the seasons. It'd be a real shame to have them end like that.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by deadman View Post
                      Its going to be a great episode.
                      I agree, it's going to be a great episode but not as great as Full Circle (which was also intended to end SG-1)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post

While here is a basic plot summary of how it will go:

Spoiler:
                        Therefore it obviously isn't about them travelling into the future. More likely, it'll simply jump 20 years to show them having lived on the ship for all that time. Then the scene will jumpt to another 20 years. To show them while old & having spent 40 years aboard it.

The problem I have with the above scenario:

Spoiler:
                        A ship can only carry a fix quantity of stores - food, water, etc. Certainly not 40 years worth!

Comment

Originally posted by freetoken View Post
                          The problem I have with the above scenario:

Spoiler:
                          A ship can only carry a fix quantity of stores - food, water, etc. Certainly not 40 years worth!
                          Maybe the Asgard know how to synthesise it, like they did with the weapon O'neill designed.

Comment

Okay I had to get an account just to say these few things that I have thought up about this episode and what might happen.

First the Asgard thing I think they wouldn’t kill themselves more likely, considering there very advanced race they could ascend.

Next on the trailer you see teal'c holding something during the explosion. I think either its ancient or asgard tech, I do not however think it is a time dilation device because the last one we saw was much larger.

Another thought on the teal'c scene with the explosion. I really think it will be a bored the odyssey, because if you look the beam/explosion looks like the weapon on the ori ships. This said I have no clue why it looks so different from what we normally see on the odyssey.

Finally on the trailer it looks like first we see the ship explode and then we see it all go back to normal/implode. I think this is A. the theory that carter finds a way to turn everything back, or B. (what I think is most logical) it was a marketing strategy by Sky One I think this because the "energy field shield what ever" seems to go downward during the explosion and up during the implosion a clear exaple of playing video backwards, but that could also support A.

So there’s my speal it’s very rough, because I really don’t know what to expect.

Comment

So basically if this happens the whole replicator war was for nothing. I'm going to be really annoyed if this is that case and the Asgard do end up killing themselves, they battled for years to stay alive against the replicators and now are going to just give up, seems a cop out by TPTB to me.

Comment

maybe this new ship carter arrives in the pegasus is an asgard ship

and why would they kill them selfs off why cant they vacant to atlantis, that city can supposily hold millions, if not go to the alpha planet and biuld asgard citys around atlantis like asura
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X