X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
    Well, it DOES say spoilers
    I agree with cheese.
    The title gives away too much before people see the spoiler tag and have a chance to avoid it.
    If I hadn't seen The Shroud, I wouldn't like to know that the Ori might be dead already.
    Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidKal View Post
      My guess is that the Ori are gone, because...

Small Ark of Truth spoilers:
      Spoiler:
      We know SG1 travel to the Ori galaxy in Ark of Truth. They would not risk that if the Ori were still around. There would be nothing to stop the Ori wiping them out the instant they arrived. Remember it is the Ancients that won't let them act in our galaxy, there are no such restrictions for them in their own galaxy.

Also, I think we might know for sure in Dominion. If Adria comes back, she will know if the weapon went off or not as she was there. She may also know if it worked, as I assume she has some means of communicating with the Ori themselves. Whether or not she will reveal the truth to SG1 is another story... But I think Vala could get it out of her.
      well I agree on the Dominion part but Sg-1 takes risks like that all the time. The Ori know about them and true they ca actually act in the Ori galaxy but I imagine they go b/c of a last ditch effort. I hope the Ori are still around but even if they arent we are still in loads if trouble.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        well I agree on the Dominion part but Sg-1 takes risks like that all the time. The Ori know about them and true they ca actually act in the Ori galaxy but I imagine they go b/c of a last ditch effort. I hope the Ori are still around but even if they arent we are still in loads if trouble.
        I see what your saying, and SG1 do take lots of last ditch efforts. But only when they have a chance of succeeding. I believe there is no way they would go to the Ori galaxy if they think they are still around. It wouldn't just be risky, it would be suicide. Like playing russian roulette... but with bullets in all the chambers.
        Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

I think it was a BIG mistake to leave Adria less than a meter away from that weapon.

she could have just removed the activator crystal and then have it for herself and kill the Ascended Ancients.

SG1 should have brought her to the Deadalus (beamed) and ALSO....SG1 should have tried to destroy at least a section of the Orii SUPERGATE for another wormwhole NOT to be made.

Having 4 more ships is rather weird, aren't they powered by the Priors, who in turn get their power from the Orii who in turn had JUST BEEN KILLED?

I think the answer is right there! Adria STOPPED THE WEAPON!

- My 2 cents!

Comment

Originally posted by ARMS View Post
            I'm annoyed for being left in the dark.

also why can't the Ori make such a weapon against the Alterans?
            I been thinking about that, if the ascended beings know everything, the technology their ships have would be at the highest peak so you couldn't get any better, which if you can defeat the Ori your basically unbeatable are you not? making it harder to have a more powerful enemy that could threaten the Human existence in another StarGate spinoff.

ALSO note that ORI have no Asgard beaming technology, which is better for landing armies on planets, than dropping a ring platform which limits them to a small area.

I don't think that's the case with the Ori, or else they wouldn't have been able to produce ships so quickly. I think for the Ori it's more of a matter of numbers, they don't have the numbers on their side for one of them to simply descend in order to build such a weapon.
            They could pass there knowledge onto the priors, as they did with the technology of the ships, even if the ancients would stop em it would be worth a try.

Personelly i beleive that they ascend with the knowledge they have gained, and thats that, since it's apart of their evolution to become an ascended being, knowledge can't instantly pop into your head.
            Yes they begin to learn the mysterys of the universe and how it works and can pass it on from 1 ascended being to another (i guess that due to Anubis coming back with lots of knowledge) but can choose not too, like merlin did so he could build the sangraal (Just my idea).
            Eitherway i believe they have to research it, even as an ascended being, it's just far easier too with the knowledge of the universe.

Which will make for better stargate spinoffs since there might be more powerful technology out there which could be better than what the ancients have .

Comment

You made an excellent point about numbers knot being on their side though. I had not considered that.
              If they only control one galaxy and the Ancients control two then they would be on the loosing side of open war without gaining more followers i.e. worshipers. Perhaps they did not want to start a conflict prematurely by building an anti-Ancient weapon until they consolidated their power in our galaxy like you are suggesting (if I read you correctly).
              Actually somewhere Daniel Jackson says it's a stalemate (i'm sure i heard that in 1 episode season 9 i think) between the Ancients And the ORI, and the Ancients don't have people pray to them, so as for galaxys it wouldn't matter for the ancients.

And the ORI seem to have the same tech just bigger ships, since the beam they have looks to be the same as the Ancients satellite that destroys 1 wraith ship in atlantis (season 1?) just the powersource i'm not sure about.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidKal View Post
                I see what your saying, and SG1 do take lots of last ditch efforts. But only when they have a chance of succeeding. I believe there is no way they would go to the Ori galaxy if they think they are still around. It wouldn't just be risky, it would be suicide. Like playing russian roulette... but with bullets in all the chambers.
                And I see yours. It would be very risky unless they had an ace up their sleeve mabey Adria?

Comment

Originally posted by tizoc View Post
                  I think it was a BIG mistake to leave Adria less than a meter away from that weapon.

she could have just removed the activator crystal and then have it for herself and kill the Ascended Ancients.

SG1 should have brought her to the Deadalus (beamed) and ALSO....SG1 should have tried to destroy at least a section of the Orii SUPERGATE for another wormwhole NOT to be made.

Having 4 more ships is rather weird, aren't they powered by the Priors, who in turn get their power from the Orii who in turn had JUST BEEN KILLED?

I think the answer is right there! Adria STOPPED THE WEAPON!

- My 2 cents!
                  The Priors and Adria where given their powers by the Ori, but don't require the Ori to use them. They are highly advanced beings, like Khalek was or the villagers Niirti gave powers to in Metamorphosis.

I agree about Adria... They should have beamed her aboard the Odyssey with the others then immediately beam her back into space. No more leader of the Ori army
                  Unless her amulet blocks beaming, which I think is a high probability.

Also, Adria wasn't a meter away from the weapon. She was on the bridge and the weapon was in another room. It also depends how long she was unconscious. If she woke up immediately, she would have had time to deactivate it.

Comment

And I see yours. It would be very risky unless they had an ace up their sleeve mabey Adria?
                    We will find out soon enough
                    I'm sure the Ori wouldn't have a problem sacrificing Adria, but perhaps some other means of preventing the Ori from just waving their imaginary hands and destroying them.

Though I still think the Ori are either gone or will be gone before the first movie

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18 View Post
                      They probably don't know how.....I mean, only Merlin knew how to build one....

It's not like they know everything everyone thinks....
                      Do we even know if the weapon was tested on ascended beings. If it was, Merlin had to kill his own kind. If it wasn't, than we don't even know if it works.

Comment

What I'm figuring about the weapon is that Merlin used his ascended knowledge, that's obvious, but what I'm getting at is that Merlin as an ascended knew how to destroy another ascended being with his powers, he probably recreated the same energy necessary to destroy an ascended being, or as close to it as he could, with the added ability of being able to direct it in to the ascend realm.

Comment

They would know there weakness, even the ORI, it's just about developing a physical weapon thats capable of using that weakness to get rid of them, and Merlin since he was a scientist would be able to use his knowledge to create something to do it. But main thing was keeping it secret from his fellow ascended beings.
                          (It's obivious that they have a weakness since it's only part of there evolution to become ascended and that they can destroy each other.)

Comment

My understanding of the anti-Ori weapon is this:

Spoiler:

The latest episode that I've seen is "The Shroud".

Merlin's weapon must be constantly active and in the Ori galaxy to prevent the Ori from affecting the lower planes. The weapon was active when it entered the Ori galaxy so, presumably, for some time at least, the Ori were neutralized. After Adria regained consciousness, she most likely deactivated the weapon thus allowing the Ori to interfere in their own galaxy again and draw power from their worshippers.

If the weapon were on one of the ships that returned through the supergate and Adria activated it, presumably the Ancients in the Milky Way are now neutralized and the Ori have the power to directly intervene in our galaxy (not that they need to what with Adria, the Priors and the Ori warriors doing their work for them).

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                              My understanding of the anti-Ori weapon is this:

Spoiler:

The latest episode that I've seen is "The Shroud".

Merlin's weapon must be constantly active and in the Ori galaxy to prevent the Ori from affecting the lower planes. The weapon was active when it entered the Ori galaxy so, presumably, for some time at least, the Ori were neutralized. After Adria regained consciousness, she most likely deactivated the weapon thus allowing the Ori to interfere in their own galaxy again and draw power from their worshippers.

If the weapon were on one of the ships that returned through the supergate and Adria activated it, presumably the Ancients in the Milky Way are now neutralized and the Ori have the power to directly intervene in our galaxy (not that they need to what with Adria, the Priors and the Ori warriors doing their work for them).

Spoiler:
                              That's my viewpoint as well. It was never stated that it kill's ascneded beings just neutralizes them from afecting us lowers.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                That's my viewpoint as well. It was never stated that it kill's ascneded beings just neutralizes them from afecting us lowers.
                                Spoiler:
                                It's been said it cancels their energy, that sounds to me like they'd cease to exist.
                                Also, the weapon is first mentioned in Arthurs Mantle as a weapon for destroying ascended beings.
                                I just found this quote in the transcript from Arthur's Mantle:

CARTER: I don't get it -- what invention could have been so important that it would have led him to give up his ascension?
                                DANIEL: A weapon. A weapon capable of destroying ascended beings.

All evidence points to it killing. And I don't recall any info indicating it only limits actions.

Comment

Working...
                                X