No announcement yet.

New Ori soldiers in Talion spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the jaffa has so much more experiance, maybe a hundred years each of fighting experiance and they were bred to become a warrior species. Im sure jaffa have superior tactics then the ori soldiers who are new recruits (they've trained for a year and fought for less than that) the only advantage the ori have is that their ships are top line, and they have the prior to bring them back anytime they die.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

This would be an interesting fight...
      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
        hand to hand jaffa would win easy, however in a fire fight the ori soldiers seem to be better tacticians so I'd give it to them.
        I have to agree with you there.
        sigpic

Comment

Hand to hand yes they'd win but I have to agree in a firefight the Ori soldiers would win.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

In my own personal opinion/view... it just doesn't make sense that the Ori soldiers are better at ground combat or have better dogfighting skills than the Jaffa who have been fighting each other for over 5,000 years.

Most of the Ori soldiers, until last year, were farmers or simple villagers having never taken part in such huge widescale battles. The Jaffa have been doing that routinely...

So in my mind, the Jaffa are superior warriors, but the Ori soldiers have Ori warships backing them up. These things can not be destroyed by ordinary methods.

To use an analogy... In the beginning of the Afghanistan war with the US. The US had only a handful of special ops soliders, the Taliban far outnumbered the US soliders but the US soliders had something the Taliban did not. Airpower!!

Because of the high level of technology that the US soliders commanded they easily defeated a regime in three weeks while having less then 100 actual troops in the country.

Same thing applies for the Ori... the Ori soldiers can not match the Jaffa in tactics but can not truely be defeated with the Ori warships backing them up.

Hope that makes sense to everyone...

Ace
            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

it also would have made much more sense in the original stargate episodes if the jaffa put up more of a fight because these are warriors with decades of fighting experiance, increased stregnth, healing, sensory perception, and are always fighting. I would have said a jaffa would be a hell of a match for a SGC member to take down but clearly that was disregarded.

We have never seen much of ori troop action so i dont understand why people would say the ori would win in a fire fight. the fire fights we've seen so far is that the crusaders were over come without firing a shot (the Quest Pt 1), they were as easy to kill as jaffa in Pt 2. In Line in the sand, they had the same tactic as jaffa and they set themselves up for a ambush (tealcs massacre at the ring platform). at most i would say their flanking and heading to the rear was the best move their foot soldiers made, but hell the jaffa pumped out better tactics than that before. and if you mean by fire power, both staff weapons seem equally as potent.
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
              X