Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extremely Minor Continuity Error (The Shroud)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    He's right. I'm in the Air Force as a Major and I have never seen a uniform like that. It's an SGC uniform.
    So within the show they are essentially a generic, casual type of uniform suitable for any branch of the military?

I thought that any military advisor would have had them wearing authentic air force clothes.

sigpic

Comment

I would never have noticed that. Well spotted.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Really? Never caught that.
      First episode after the pilot episode...

No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        So within the show they are essentially a generic, casual type of uniform suitable for any branch of the military?

I thought that any military advisor would have had them wearing authentic air force clothes.
        They do. The Dress Blues as well as the camo is authenic and while they are on missions they wear thier own uniforms which I can understand.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Damn you guys are too fast. I just watch the episode today and I spotted the star(s) error too. I think it was just the first scene on the ship where he had 1 star. The rest were all 2 stars so I presume they shot that scene first and then the the props department realized the mistake and got him another pair of stars.

Comment

I noticed the change from one star to two and noticed how in the Return pt's 1 & 2 he had only one star the whole time except when in his dress blues. Frankly having served myself (though a different branch) I find it kind of annoying that they don't get the rank right. No officer, or enlisted man for that matter, I ever met would so easily let a detail like that slide.

Also one of the previous posters was correct, the blues and the greens they wear are specific to the show and are not actually worn by any branch of the services in real life. The dress uniforms however are correct. With the exception of the time Jack had on his boots with his blues in Citizen Joe.
            Teal'c "I killed you"
            Daniel "Why?"
            Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
            Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

Originally posted by donniepw View Post
              I noticed the change from one star to two and noticed how in the Return pt's 1 & 2 he had only one star the whole time except when in his dress blues. Frankly having served myself (though a different branch) I find it kind of annoying that they don't get the rank right. No officer, or enlisted man for that matter, I ever met would so easily let a detail like that slide.
              I noticed 'The Return' star thing as well, but I thought it was just a way to show that Jack hadn't been wearing it, had no reason to wear it so didn't need to update it. Since it's not an official uniform, it's not like Jack would have had reason to take it out of storage and add that second star until this episode.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donniepw View Post

Also one of the previous posters was correct, the blues and the greens they wear are specific to the show and are not actually worn by any branch of the services in real life. The dress uniforms however are correct. With the exception of the time Jack had on his boots with his blues in Citizen Joe.
                Yeah that was me and I caught that boots thing too. It does anoy me a little but since the uniforms are specific to the SGC and if it was real we would likely create uniforms specific to that orginization. I also realize it's a tv show and the props guys arent as anal as us military guys, and I bet the times they goof up were times when the military advisor had a day off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  He's right. I'm in the Air Force as a Major and I have never seen a uniform like that. It's an SGC uniform.
                  HA! A youngin! I was in the AF back before the camo BDU changeover. They were just starting to change over to the camo BDU's the year before I got out. I actually liked the camos more than the plain greens. But from what I hear, the brand new "digital" uniforms feel more like pajamas, and that everyone I've talked to hates them. Heck, my CO still had a pair of Vietnam era OD BDU's with the slanted pockets. And the blue BDU's are a real AF uniform, or atleast was. Last I remember, the Thunderbirds' crew all wore the blue set and not any of the green ones. And I think I remember some of the special groups wearing the blue duty uniforms instead of the green ones. I just checked, and it says that the change from the green "fatigues" to the camo BDU happened in 1981, yeah right. The base I was at still had mostly fatigues in 1989-90.
                  Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                  Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
                    HA! A youngin! I was in the AF back before the camo BDU changeover. They were just starting to change over to the camo BDU's the year before I got out. I actually liked the camos more than the plain greens. But from what I hear, the brand new "digital" uniforms feel more like pajamas, and that everyone I've talked to hates them. Heck, my CO still had a pair of Vietnam era OD BDU's with the slanted pockets. And the blue BDU's are a real AF uniform, or atleast was. Last I remember, the Thunderbirds' crew all wore the blue set and not any of the green ones. And I think I remember some of the special groups wearing the blue duty uniforms instead of the green ones. I just checked, and it says that the change from the green "fatigues" to the camo BDU happened in 1981, yeah right. The base I was at still had mostly fatigues in 1989-90.
                    Lol. My CO still has his BDU's from "Nam" and still wears them from time to time.

Comment

What surprised me, was that O'Neill adressed Landry as "sir" as if he was his superior.

Comment

i just always thought that these were intentional - to see if the fans are catching it.
                        They all probably have a good laugh when they do it. I don't believe that many mistakes are made - or they would hire someone else to do props.

course this IS jmho.

btw, i finally registered here - so hi hi all.

Comment

Working...
                        X