No announcement yet.

The Road Not Taken rip-off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam, of course, was successful in her little experiment and not only saved the other world from the Ori but also from themselves (well, she set the ball in motion). It's funny how they managed to make alt!Sam die from her experiment and still make it so that neither Sam did anything wrong, at all.

Comment

It was interesting. Personally, I would have liked the Ori to invade this alternate Earth so we could see some shiny Ori tech and stuff but guess that might have been too much like when the Goa'uld invaded.

What I found interesting through is:
      Spoiler:
      An Ori Battleship was fought off by the 'Ancient Chair' weapon

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
        It was interesting. Personally, I would have liked the Ori to invade this alternate Earth so we could see some shiny Ori tech and stuff but guess that might have been too much like when the Goa'uld invaded.

What I found interesting through is:
        Spoiler:
        An Ori Battleship was fought off by the 'Ancient Chair' weapon
        Yeah, but it almost depleted their ZPM. Obviously it wasn't as easy as to simply launch a few drones at it. Also, it was only one ship.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
          Yeah, but it almost depleted their ZPM. Obviously it wasn't as easy as to simply launch a few drones at it. Also, it was only one ship.
          that ZPM was down after Anubis attack anyway ... remember?
          OUR Earth has brand new one AND resupplied drones. (and there is even spare one on Odyssey if needed), so we have TWO full ZPMs ...

count your ZPMs carefully young Jedi
          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Sam, of course, was successful in her little experiment and not only saved the other world from the Ori but also from themselves (well, she set the ball in motion). It's funny how they managed to make alt!Sam die from her experiment and still make it so that neither Sam did anything wrong, at all.

I wouldn't say that alt!Sam
            Spoiler:
            married McKay

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
              OUR Earth has brand new one AND resupplied drones. (and there is even spare one on Odyssey if needed), so we have TWO full ZPMs ...

Count the Ori ships carefully, young Jedi. And also, read the "Unending" spoilers.

I doubt the ZPM used in "Lost City" is the same one as the one they used against the Ori. For one thing, why the heck would they need to ask the others for help if they had the ZPM (and managed to use the drones)? Unless they asked for the help before finding it.

Also, Earth's ZPM was pretty much depleted when it opened up that one wormhole to the Pegasus galaxy. I doubt what little power it had left could power the chair. Launching only, what, two-three dones exhausting a couple of Mark Something (2? 3?) Nahquadah generators. So the chair requires quite a large amount of power.

How can a "nearly depleted" ZPM become "nearly depleted"? It was nearly depleted to begin with.

For another thing, they couldn't power the chair to take down the 4 Ori ships even with the collective power of the United States' electrical grid (and no doubt some Nahquadah generators). They couldn't even put up a fight. So there's some serious power needed.

Which means they probably found another ZPM.

With two ZPMs, we could take out a few ships. That is if we even have enough drones to do that. But read the "Unending" spoilers. It won't be enough.

petemoretti: alt!Rodney seems like our!Rodney (today, not the old one). I wouldn't call it much of a mistake. While he has his flaws, he's also got good sides. alt!Lorne said that alt!Sam herself said that she always saw more in him that meets the eye.

And I personally don't think it'd be a mistake to marry Rodney (or alt!Rodney) if you've managed to get through that tough exterior and are genuinely in love.

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post

We actually have 3 ZPMs, they could use the one at Atlantis if need be
                Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Everything that has happned will happen again (-BSG)

Comment

Hi, I'd like to adress a possible plot hole.

Extracting energy from alternate universes became possible for Rodney and his team in episode Trinity of Stargate Atlantis soley because of the lost Ancients' tech lab. Now, in The Road Not Taken it is clear the people of Earth have never even gone to the Pegasus galaxy. How come Sam of the alternate universe is even aware of that kind of technology? She just happened to figure it out by doing research on the ZPMs? Also, the episode makes it look like she would have actually succeeded if not for the interference of "our Sam's" experiment with phase technology. In Quest Part 2 of Stargate SG1 Carter needed Baal's help in figuring out how to make the Ancient's gate-autoteleportation-device-gadget to bring everyone safely home again. Yet now writers are implying that Carter might be smarter than the Ancients themselves?

-Comic book guy

Comment

The theory's been around for a while. It's about as likely as Zero Point energy, only in a different application.

Comment

That was a great episode! The Prometheus was Air Force One! And for the record, I was never saying i thought this was going to be a bad episode, just the the summary sounded a lot like TBFTGOG.

And they bombed Ireland with F-302s! Grrr! Carter called it an "Irish Village", we have cities you know Sam! She made it sound like we're some 18th century country! And Hammond said it was on request of the Irish Prime Minister! We dont have a prime minister, we have a Taoiseach! We could have fought back if our air force didnt consisist of This
                        Last edited by Conor; 24 January 2007, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Count the Ori ships carefully, young Jedi. And also, read the "Unending" spoilers.
                          I don't see what Unending has to do with what you quoted.

Spoiler:
                          Considering that Unending doesn't even involve the Ori

I doubt the ZPM used in "Lost City" is the same one as the one they used against the Ori. For one thing, why the heck would they need to ask the others for help if they had the ZPM (and managed to use the drones)? Unless they asked for the help before finding it.
                          We know in Lost City the President was preparing to reveal the Stargate to the world. He could've easily did it before SG1 arrived with the ZPM in the other universe.

Also, Earth's ZPM was pretty much depleted when it opened up that one wormhole to the Pegasus galaxy. I doubt what little power it had left could power the chair. Launching only, what, two-three dones exhausting a couple of Mark Something (2? 3?) Nahquadah generators. So the chair requires quite a large amount of power.
                          Launching a good half-dozen broke the Mark 2, but that's it. I forget whether it actually depleted the generator, or just broke it somehow. And since the ZPM in the other universe never had to dial Pegasus, chances are it had enough to launch a few drones, which, for all we know, would be enough against an Ori ship.

Comment

You know, I skipped alot of this thread because it was Sam bashing....not a discussion of the episodes but this is what I have to say....

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                            Sam heavy story is a very bad thing imo. I will give this one a miss. I haven't enjoyed a single Sam heavy episode in ten years. I don't think there is a chance in hell that I will enjoy one now. Grace, Avenger, Space Race, Death Knell, Emancipation, Prodigy....no I will skip this one thanks.
                            I hope you didn't skip it because it was an AMAZING episode...

...as for it being a rip-off...not at all! I mean, the whole AU storyline has been done before yes- but it wasn't like TBFTGOG at all! Sam was cornered into bumping up her research and in response to the whole Quest II Ba'al helping...well that was new technology. Sam has been working on Merlin's device for a long time....

...I gave it a 9/10 in the episode thread and I restate the fact that it's not a rip-off
                            Last edited by Anjirika; 24 January 2007, 04:51 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                            |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                              I wouldn't say that alt!Sam
                              Spoiler:
                              married McKay
                              More than that... alt!Sam took risks out of necessity, and didn't failsafe her system well enough - our Sam would've taken into the account the possibility that, given conditions the same as we witnessed, the same multiverse bridge could occur causing death and/or unwanted transdimensional transportation!

But then, it seems that (thus far) only ours and that one other universe have created and/or witnessed transdimensional teleportation through bridges (though who remembers the episode with the mirror which transported the SG-1 members inbetween our universe and the one which was under attack, from the Goa'uld wasn't it?) ... So, I guess alt!Sam shouldn't have expected this kinda thing to happen. But! As a good scientist you always plan for every possible contingency, especially if you're dealing with energy extraction from parallel universes.

My brain hurts now, so I'm done for the moment.
                              "You said we had a "problem", not a great big galactic emergency."

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
                                You know, I skipped alot of this thread because it was Sam bashing....not a discussion of the episodes but this is what I have to say....

I hope you didn't skip it because it was an AMAZING episode...

...as for it being a rip-off...not at all! I mean, the whole AU storyline has been done before yes- but it wasn't like TBFTGOG at all! Sam was cornered into bumping up her research and in response to the whole Quest II Ba'al helping...well that was new technology. Sam has been working on Merlin's device for a long time....

...I gave it a 9/10 in the episode thread and I restate the fact that it's not a rip-off
                                I hate all the sam bashing as well. It's rediculous IMO and yes it was a great ep.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X