This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
    I thought 'Line in the Sand' is airing tonight, 'The Road not taken' is next week.
    Yeah and I am glad it is instead of Bounty though i am looking forward to that too.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Spoilers from writer Alan Mccullough in TVZone Special 74

Spoiler:
      "Carter is trying to repair and refine the modifications that she made to the Arthur's Mantle device based on the malfunction in Line in the Sand when all of a sudden, and for no apparent reason, she's pulled into a parallet universe. Carter wakes up to discover that Major Lorne (Kavan Smith) from Atlantis is leading the SG1 team. There's no sign of Teal'c, Vala, Daniel or Mitchell, and in this particular reality, Earth is in a state of war. Upon her arival, Carther accidentally kills this reality's versio0n of Sam Carther, and ends up taking her place. As the story plays out, the Ori are about to attack and our Sam is immediately pressed into service to try to save this reality from the enemy, and in doing so then figure out a way back to her own reality.

The interesting thing about this episode is that, by Act Two, it goes off in a totally different direction. Carter has succeded in saving Earth and has become a celebrity. The rest of the story is mainly about her dealing with her new-found notoriety in a world that's so screwed up. So it becomes a very interesting character piece for Amanda Tapping, who did an excellent job. Because the rest of SG1 didn't exist in this reality - they only show up in a couple of scenes at the beginning and at the end - she had to pretty much carry the whole episode herself, and she was more than up to the challenge of that," praises Mccullough.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post
        Spoilers from writer Alan Mccullough in TVZone Special 74

Spoiler:
        "Carter is trying to repair and refine the modifications that she made to the Arthur's Mantle device based on the malfunction in Line in the Sand when all of a sudden, and for no apparent reason, she's pulled into a parallet universe. Carter wakes up to discover that Major Lorne (Kavan Smith) from Atlantis is leading the SG1 team. There's no sign of Teal'c, Vala, Daniel or Mitchell, and in this particular reality, Earth is in a state of war. Upon her arival, Carther accidentally kills this reality's versio0n of Sam Carther, and ends up taking her place. As the story plays out, the Ori are about to attack and our Sam is immediately pressed into service to try to save this reality from the enemy, and in doing so then figure out a way back to her own reality.

The interesting thing about this episode is that, by Act Two, it goes off in a totally different direction. Carter has succeded in saving Earth and has become a celebrity. The rest of the story is mainly about her dealing with her new-found notoriety in a world that's so screwed up. So it becomes a very interesting character piece for Amanda Tapping, who did an excellent job. Because the rest of SG1 didn't exist in this reality - they only show up in a couple of scenes at the beginning and at the end - she had to pretty much carry the whole episode herself, and she was more than up to the challenge of that," praises Mccullough.
        I hate to say it but that little piece of info has let me down a little,
        Spoiler:
        It says the Ori invasion is dealt with pretty quickly, I would've liked to see the Ori taking over the planet and bombing cities etc etc, I doubt we'll see much of that

Comment

More from Amanda Tapping's interview in TVZone 74

Spoiler:

"My favourite episode this season is The Road Not Taken, an alternate reality type of story that is very topical as well.

It's basically about what happens if the Stargate programme was revealed, and in the case of this episode there is pandemonium, riots and international discord. Carter ends up in this reality that's facing imminent destruction by the Ori and she figures out a way to save them. In doing so, she becomes a hero of sorts for this planet, but an unwilling hero. Sam doesn't want to be the mouthpiece for this particular administration and its ideology, so she desperately tries to get herself out of this predicament. At one point, Carter runs into an alternate version of Mitchell, and Ben and I got to play this really cool, intense scene together. We get to see what happened to Mitchell after he decided to buck the system and stand up for his principles. We also look at Sam's relationship with an alternate Dr McKay [David Hewlett].

The episode is a fascinating take on how governments deal with social unrest and the kind of ego that this particular administration has. I don't want to sound like I'm getting up on my soapbox, but politically speaking a great deal of the story rang true to me. I thoroughly enjoyed working on it.

Oddly enough, the rest of the SG1 cast doesn't show up in the episode until the very end, but I got to do some scenes with Beau Bridges [Hank Landry] and Don Davis [General Hammond], who I absolutely love. It was amazing to have Don back with us, and I'll always treasure having worked with him again."
          Last edited by Kas; 17 January 2007, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
            It says the Ori invasion is dealt with pretty quickly, I would've liked to see the Ori taking over the planet and bombing cities etc etc, I doubt we'll see much of that
            Well...

Spoiler:
            The issue might be dealt with for the AU that Sam goes to, but that doesn't mean it'll be dealt with quickly for this AU. We still have the series finale and the first movie, after all!

Comment

Originally posted by crompton20 View Post
              First details of an episode featuring carter scheduled to air early in the 2nd half of season ten

Spoiler:
              An experiment goes wrong, leaving Carter trapped in a parallel reality where martial law has been enforced and the Earth is under attack from the Ori. But the impending threat from the Ori is the least of her concerns when it becomes clear that President Landry may not allow her to return home.

I'm sorry but what a crock we saw the same basic episode 9 years ago with daniel jackson in their but for the grace of god. Have to say this is why SG1 is being canceled, because for every good episode they make like the quest they just rehash an old story
              you're right we should kill ourselves in protest..

The diffrence is.. thsi is expirament. laundry is president. they were letting him go back...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Spoiler:
                Yeah but then it would definatly be more like "There but for the Grace of God". I like what this ep sounds like and the direction it seems to be taking. I'm really looking forward to it.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                X