No announcement yet.

Dominion and Unending Spoilers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure it's "Longest Running Consecutive Series".

Which is RIGHT.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Pretty sure it's "Longest Running Consecutive Series".

Which is RIGHT.
      Yup just checked. You're correct.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I actually think that honor goes to Dr. Who which was on-air consecutively from 1963 to 1989!

My SG-1 fic http://www.fanfiction.net/~lynnmichelle

Comment

actually, i believe it's *longest running scifi show in north american history.* i seem to remember a heavy emphasis on *north american* in all of the commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
            I actually think that honor goes to Dr. Who which was on-air consecutively from 1963 to 1989!
            There has been quite a debate about that, so I'm just gonna spell out the conclusion I reached: DW might be the longest, but it wasn't continuous due to the long break between the current reincarnation and the previous 26(?) years. For a show to qualify for that record, it has to meet both criteria.

Comment

this discussion was worn out already and it doesn't belong in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                There has been quite a debate about that, so I'm just gonna spell out the conclusion I reached: DW might be the longest, but it wasn't continuous due to the long break between the current reincarnation and the previous 26(?) years. For a show to qualify for that record, it has to meet both criteria.
                ^^Exactly.

Now lets just get on with the (more interesting) matter at hand, shall we?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                  Ba'al isn't a has been. He's only been around for 13 episodes.

Season 5 - "Summit" / "Last Stand"
                  Season 6 - "Abyss"
                  Season 7 - "Homecoming"
                  Season 8 - "Zero Hour" / "Reckoning, Parts 1 & 2" / "Threads"
                  Season 9 - "Ex Deus Machina" / "Stronghold" / "Off the Grid"
                  Season 10 - "Insiders" / "The Quest, Part 1"

As you can see, his role was no larger than any other Goa'uld in Seasons 5-7. However, his popularity from "Abyss" earned him a larger role in Season 8. With Anubis and all the other System Lords out of the picture, he's been kept around for Seasons 9 & 10 as a representative of the Goa'uld while the show moves on with the Ori plot. If we need a Goa'uld episode, dust off Ba'al.

Thank you for saying pretty much what I wanted to say. Of all the Goa'uld we've had the, err, pleasure to meet over the years, Ba'al is most definitely the most memorable and indeed, likeable. Is he still an enemy....well, having been on the set of Dominion, and having a script, I won't say, but you will be seeing lots of Ba'al's.
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
                    Thank you for saying pretty much what I wanted to say. Of all the Goa'uld we've had the, err, pleasure to meet over the years, Ba'al is most definitely the most memorable and indeed, likeable. Is he still an enemy....well, having been on the set of Dominion, and having a script, I won't say, but you will be seeing lots of Ba'al's.
                    Cool. I love the Ba'al character.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

...well, having been on the set of Dominion, and having a script...
                      Oooooo!!!! If you could answer one question for me... are "Dominion" and "Unending" a two-part episode, or are they separate episodes?

Comment

Judging from spoilers alone...

Spoiler:
                        Rob Cooper has said that Unending will be a sort-of stand alone to "wrap-up" the series

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co..._Episode_Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                          Oooooo!!!! If you could answer one question for me... are "Dominion" and "Unending" a two-part episode, or are they separate episodes?
                          Separate
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
                            With that kind of reasoning "Stargate SG-1" shouldn't be the longest running sci-fi series !!! ("Dr. Who")
                            Doctor Who ran so long because of the rotation of actors. Although I think there have been multi-Doctor crossovers.
                            Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                            Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                            -Audioslave

Comment

Separate
                              Thankyou so much for your answer. This is all I wanted to know about the final two episodes (I don't like spoilers). From the titles, I've had the impression it'd be a two-parter. The series finale will be a one-hour, eh? It'll be interesting to see how they end it.

May I ask how you were on the set of "Dominion?" Do you work on the show, or did you win a walk-on role in some sort of contest?

Comment

Heh. Break out your formal attire; we're going to a Baalroom...

Comment

Working...
                                X