No announcement yet.

So how do you feel about Sci Fi...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me, it feels like Sci-fi practically abandoned SG-1.

They are trying their best to kill the SG-1's popularity. They pushed the episode back an hour, broke for a six month MID-SEASON hiatus, poor scripts, awful visual effects, obvious shrinking budgets...

It almost appears they set SG-1 up for certain failure. They WANTED SG-1 to fail.

For what reason, I wonder....

Comment

Not that I want to defend SciFi or have any strong reason to, the cost of SG-1 was getting up there for a show that has already max out in terms of how much they can make from syndication. From the money point of view, it makes more sense for SciFi to have "SG-1" end and another SG show as its replacement.

The SG shows and BSG formed a nice block due to its contrast. BSG by itself is a rather depressing hour. I don't think that show has "jumped the shark" just yet but I am quite anxious to see how the second half of season 3 play out since I'm a bit worried from the few rumours that I have heard.

The most annoying thing about SciFi is the holding out of second half of the current season although if we don't get a break between the end of that and the start of the new season, we might finally get a continuous season of new episodes.
      I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Eh, sufice to say. I think we all hate Scifi and their dumbass leaders! But, I do at least look forward to seeing the SG-1 movies. I will concede that costs may have been getting up there but from what I could tell they were making bank on the franchise. Oh well, I look forward to seeing Sci Fi crash and burn!

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn Mallory View Post
          Not that I want to defend SciFi or have any strong reason to, the cost of SG-1 was getting up there for a show that has already max out in terms of how much they can make from syndication. From the money point of view, it makes more sense for SciFi to have "SG-1" end and another SG show as its replacement.

The SG shows and BSG formed a nice block due to its contrast. BSG by itself is a rather depressing hour. I don't think that show has "jumped the shark" just yet but I am quite anxious to see how the second half of season 3 play out since I'm a bit worried from the few rumours that I have heard.

The most annoying thing about SciFi is the holding out of second half of the current season although if we don't get a break between the end of that and the start of the new season, we might finally get a continuous season of new episodes.
          I understand the money thing but it's still a pile of crap at how they (skiffy) dealt with it. That is what ticks most of us off. Skiffy tried and succeded in Sg-1 failing. It more than had enough steam to continue and even enough fan support. BSG did "jump the shark" in my opinion and is not as good. Scifi has succeded in alienating fans as such some have gone above and beyond to find the show. Scifi is simply hurting themselves plain and simple.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
          X