Clear All

season 9 is the best season
    Hallowed are the Ori !!!
    Follow the path of the Enlightment !
    Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fifth View Post
      season 9 is the best season
      It is an excellent season and so is season 10.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

It's like someone above said, SG1 is a mixed bag: it's always been a mix of great episodes, good episodes, and not-so-good episodes. You have to take the good with the bad.
        Also, SG1 is a show that requires patience. I mean, the first 2 seasons were pretty dodgy at times, but the show got better as it went along. So much changed at the beginning of season 9 that the show was basically reset to zero. Unfortunately, some people couldn't handle the changes or the reset.
        Another reason entirely could be the fact that RDA left.
        I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Democracy simply doesn't work

Comment

rda fanboys?
          A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by Triyun View Post
            Actually I think you are dead on, I still watch it, but it is really a totally different show.

When the show first started they were underdog explorers who were discovering the secrets of mankind's past. Now SG-1 cruises around in spaceships that would have easily taken down apophis in the period of all 1 decade fighting an enemy that does not at all fit with the original premise of the show.

The Ori are an interesting enemy, but I don't consider S9 and S10 to be SG-1 anymore. They seem to be a different show, not a bad show, but it isn't the same feel or flow as SG-1, it is Stargate Something Else.
            I believe that too
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jozxyqk View Post
              It's like someone above said, SG1 is a mixed bag: it's always been a mix of great episodes, good episodes, and not-so-good episodes. You have to take the good with the bad.
              Also, SG1 is a show that requires patience. I mean, the first 2 seasons were pretty dodgy at times, but the show got better as it went along. So much changed at the beginning of season 9 that the show was basically reset to zero. Unfortunately, some people couldn't handle the changes or the reset.
              Another reason entirely could be the fact that RDA left.
              Yes I agree with you and the majority of people that post here in gateworld are people are IMO still watch SG. So in other words my topic is directed towards the people who arent even in this community so they cant speak for themselves so its up to you open minded people to try and understand me. They didnt watch 9 and 10 for a reason. They tuned out for a reason. Why they did that? IMO i already explained it. I never said EVERY episode of seasons 1-8 were realistic but after rewatching those 2 KEY episodes its hard to think otherwise after watching torment and 5th race then watching a couple episodes of season 9.

I guess i should also add season 9 and 10 seems more and more like a spin off if it were to continue into a 11th episode. I say this because well half of SG1 has been replaced. We have a new enemy with like Ionno my lousy estimate 20-40% of our allies or enemies have been wiped out by the ori as a sorry excuse for tieing up loose ends. There are new ships new universe. I cant see how the writers expected EVERYONE to still tune into Stargate SG1 as if it were the same.

Note like i said im speaking for the people who arent here. Why am i doing it? I have a open mind and there are some that can see both sides of an argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
                Yes I agree with you and the majority of people that post here in gateworld are people are IMO still watch SG. So in other words my topic is directed towards the people who arent even in this community so they cant speak for themselves so its up to you open minded people to try and understand me. They didnt watch 9 and 10 for a reason. They tuned out for a reason. Why they did that? IMO i already explained it. I never said EVERY episode of seasons 1-8 were realistic but after rewatching those 2 KEY episodes its hard to think otherwise after watching torment and 5th race then watching a couple episodes of season 9.

I guess i should also add season 9 and 10 seems more and more like a spin off if it were to continue into a 11th episode. I say this because well half of SG1 has been replaced. We have a new enemy with like Ionno my lousy estimate 20-40% of our allies or enemies have been wiped out by the ori as a sorry excuse for tieing up loose ends. There are new ships new universe. I cant see how the writers expected EVERYONE to still tune into Stargate SG1 as if it were the same.

Note like i said im speaking for the people who arent here. Why am i doing it? I have a open mind and there are some that can see both sides of an argument.
                Well I can see both sides I just disagree. Half of SG-1 has not been replaced, only one member has, Jack. They have three new cast members Beau Bridges, Ben Browder, and Claudia Black, but only one cast member/team member has been replaced. We do have a new enemy that I happen to love and I still watch b/c I happen to find it as good as the old SG-1.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  Well I can see both sides I just disagree. Half of SG-1 has not been replaced, only one member has, Jack. They have three new cast members Beau Bridges, Ben Browder, and Claudia Black, but only one cast member/team member has been replaced. We do have a new enemy that I happen to love and I still watch b/c I happen to find it as good as the old SG-1.
                  I totally agree with you, Mitchell82. Having been a fan since Season 1 of SG-1, I think Season 9 and 10 (so far) have been excellent additions to the show as a whole. The quality hasn't lessened at all IMO.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    I totally agree with you, Mitchell82. Having been a fan since Season 1 of SG-1, I think Season 9 and 10 (so far) have been excellent additions to the show as a whole. The quality hasn't lessened at all IMO.
                    No one said the quality of the show has changed. I myself am a fan of season 9 and 10 but i cant help but think after the end of every episode. "what makes this episode different from episodes from seasons 1-8" "why did people stop watching stargate seasons 9 and 10" "why was it only at seasons 9-10 were the new characters, ships, universe etc.. introduced did people start tuning out"

As gateworld said once before in an interview or something at the season premeire of season 9 or 10. Something along the lines of -Even if you havent watched seasons 1-8 you can tune into season 9 and still get a sense of satisfaction as if it was a whole new beginning- The writer or whoever it was said that so they admit the show HAS changed compared to seasons 1-8.

Comment

Then, IMO, it's just a shame some people couldn't come to enjoy this past season and a half as much as Seasons 1-8.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

No one said the quality of the show has changed.
                        Sure.

Space race and those other episodes are "episodes" Compared to the 40 episodes in 2 consecutive seasons worth of BS outweighs any overall episodes of unrealistic crap stargate writers have created through seasons 1-8.
                        Anyway, I don't see how you can presume to speak for anyone but yourself. Such are the ways of things, so don't pretend to.

By the way, the Ori hasn't wiped anyone completely off the map (yet). Us humans has done more damage in the first 8 years than they have (ie. wiped out the Replicators, and helped in defeating the Goa'uld, two major MAJOR bad guys, one of which spanned an entire galaxy).

Like Mitch said, "we must look cool".

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Sure.

Anyway, I don't see how you can presume to speak for anyone but yourself. Such are the ways of things, so don't pretend to.

By the way, the Ori hasn't wiped anyone completely off the map (yet). Us humans has done more damage in the first 8 years than they have (ie. wiped out the Replicators, and helped in defeating the Goa'uld, two major MAJOR bad guys, one of which spanned an entire galaxy).

Like Mitch said, "we must look cool".
                          I dont have a problem with seasons 9 and 10. Not enough to stop watching anyways. Deep down i do have petty issues with the show but most of what i say is just my opinion. Yes your right we did defeat the replicators and goauld. I did take 8 seasons though compared to the Ori destroying/coverted approx. 50% of our galaxy. I mean when they mentinoed Jonas homeworld all they said was something along the lines of "the ori have taken over a few more planets.. one of them was Jonas's homeworld" blah i might have gotten the words a little wrong.

Seasons 1-8 were based on 1 MAJOR bad guys, unbeleivable realistic situations that involved our Galaxy in terms of exploration and opening such closed minded viewers. Seaons 9 and 10 like the writers said is like a WHOLE new show with a new bad guy who is supposidly so powerful they can send 4 ships to destroy a fleet of our own who is also supposidly followers of "gods" (ascended beings aka the ori) who have destroyed or converted half our galaxy already. I mean exploding stars destroying fleets... space battles over Earth and cover ups... cool im all for that. 4 Ships coming from another galaxy with "unlimited" knowledge with a bunch of priors who can destroy a planet with a swing of his staff and conquering half the galaxy in no time flat isnt exactly the same as seasons 1-8.

I mean anyone who has a brain can honestly i mean HONESTLY see the difference between seasons 1-8 and 9+10 but that doesnt mean we stopped enjoying 9 and 10 like we did seasons 1-8 but ifyou are an open minded person you SHOULD be able to see why people have tuned out. And for those who still dont its because of the differences in the episodes. What those differences might be are up to you to decide because IMO everyone should have noticed at least a couple differences between seasons 1-8 and 9/10

Comment

Seasons 1-8 were based on 1 MAJOR bad guys, unbeleivable realistic situations that involved our Galaxy in terms of exploration and opening such closed minded viewers. Seaons 9 and 10 like the writers said is like a WHOLE new show with a new bad guy who is supposidly so powerful they can send 4 ships to destroy a fleet of our own who is also supposidly followers of "gods" (ascended beings aka the ori) who have destroyed or converted half our galaxy already. I mean exploding stars destroying fleets... space battles over Earth and cover ups... cool im all for that. 4 Ships coming from another galaxy with "unlimited" knowledge with a bunch of priors who can destroy a planet with a swing of his staff and conquering half the galaxy in no time flat isnt exactly the same as seasons 1-8.
                            Hmmm...I don't see it. First of all, a lot of your assertions are exaggerated. A prior cannot destroy a planet with a swing of his staff, and we don't know how far the Ori has done in terms of converting. Besides, converting and utter destruction is 2 different things. Power is not necessarily needed for conversion to happen (ie. all religion on Earth).

For me, an Asgard ship getting from Earth to another whole galaxy in a matter of hours is unbelievable. I mean, the whole idea of hyperspace travel is kinda outthere, but at least make it a bit longer, I mean come on!

Ahem...anyway, you get what I'm saying. If we have the Ancients, then why can't we have the Ori? And if the Ancients can do all the stuff you found "believable" in the first 8 years (affecting weather, stopping Anubis...drones, etc.), then why can't the Ori do the same thing?

You find it unbelieveable, that's fine. But I'm having problems understanding why. The Ori is no different from the Ancients other than the fact that they actually use their God-like powers for stuff.

Comment

I just fail to see where and how you got this wacky and flawed theory. The Stargate itself is an absurd idea. IMHO, people looking for realism on a Science Fiction show are kidding themselves.

Not once have I seen people complain "the shows not realistic anymore, thats why I stopped watching!"

I just don't get it really.
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Sam Carter was never "undermined". Basically at the beginning of S9, what you had was SG1 being disbanded. They only came together coz Mitchell wanted them back. Hello... did you watch it? You would have to be a REAL LEADER to have that kind of machismo to pull back the band together.

As much as I love the characters of Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c... none of them took the leadership role the way Cam did. With enemies like the Replicators and the Goa'uld basically defeated, wouldn't you feel like resting for a while? Now compare that to the new guy who feels like a fat kid in a candy store. Who is going to have more motivation to work in the SG teams, not to mention having the desire to "prove himself" since he's the n00b of the team?

IMO, the way that Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c basically went on vacation (not working with SG teams anymore), is no different that a battle hardened Iraq war veteran coming home. Try to be realistic here, those 3 are people too and want time for themselves after risking their lives to give us the freedom we need from oppression form the Goa'uld or annhilation from the Replicators.
                                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Working...
                                X