Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Analysis of the Ori, and how to defeat them.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is, that there are no resistance factors on the worlds the Ori have conquered, and if they rise they'll be destroyed. The only weakness there is that Ori seem to give their people the time to change their minds, and come back to Origin, and they never use their ascended powers. But, as I said in an earlier thread, I think that anything that the Ori have conquered, any planet that is, the Ori can do pretty much whatever they want in those places. It becomes a part of their domain, where they can direct their powers at the unbeliever's. Killing a Prior isn't a simple thing, using the anti-prior weapon will most likely only work, if the Prior hasn't already activated their staff, other than that, the Prior could easily deactivate it, and if the staff is operated by a particular gene, not actual brain physiology, then with one in hand the Prior would still be pretty invincible. Adria, like the Doci is far more advanced than an ordinary Prior, the field in that cave probably had to be massive to counteract her powers, being that she is part Ori, I doubt that a regular anti-prior device would do the trick, the thing is without Merlin's weapon, if it even exist, they don't really stand a chance against the Ori, build a weapon, the Ori will create a better defense, find a way to block the Supergate, the Ori don't really care, they've already created another. Accidently destroy an Ori ship, they have hundreds on the way. They just don't have a chance without the Ancient's, and I'm thinking with them, since the Ancient's spent 50,000,000 years in hiding from the Ori, or shielding a galaxy from them, why do that, if you know you can defeat the Ori, to avoid conflict, or because there's a chance you might lose, one you don't want to take.

Comment

The discussion is terrific, and I feel that many of the arguments are sound. The only thing I would like to inject into the equation is Daniel: he is a bit of an unknown quantity, as he is a former ascended. This means that there are lots of potential outcomes which we don't know, and which he might be immune to becuase of his former status. The possibility that he is affected by Adria is one thing, but that he might be able to resist her becuase of his former status is something that should be considered. If he has some unknown ability/resistance to the Ori (which they realize because they seem to be gunning *specifically* for him) - he might be the one to pull the necklace off of Adria. It might come at a high cost - which MS alluded to in the preshow to "200," but it might actually be one of the more likely outcomes, as he is currently one-on-one with her in the cave and she doesn't have all of her powers available to her. If she goes down - all of the Ori are vulnerable, even if Merlin's weapon isn't found. Just some thoughts...

Comment

Just tell the fans that the last two seasons were all just a dream and the Ori were a figment of Daniels imagination or something.

Comment

It is possible that the Ori actually want the Ancients to fight them. They could have a Jedi/Sith thing going on, "strike me down with all your hatred and your journey to the dark side will be complete."

Comment

Okay, I'm gonna respond to a few things in this thread:

First off, to clarify on the issue of ground troops:

Let us take a look at the Jaffa: The Jaffa are bred as warriors. They possess enhanced strength, and have extended lifespans that gives them many years of experience. And yet staff weapons are not the most effective weapons. Up against SG teams Jaffa have fallen, due to superior weapons and possibly superior tactics.

Now compare the Jaffa to the recruited Ori footsoldier: The most possible training he could have had is two years. They most likely never held a weapon before in their live. They don't have enhanced strength, and are actually likely to be weaker than a modern day human. Their weapons do appear to be superior to a staff weapon, but still lack the rapid fire capacity of a modern day human weapon. So, they are still ousted by technology, and are even less combat capable than a jaffa. Doubtfully a difficult oponent.

Now, on to the Priors:

Some have vocalised a concern that Priors could ressurect the dead Ori footsoldiers. I will say that that is very true. And this does pose an ample threat. However, we must remember that Priors are capable of being "distracted". The act of resurrecting takes up a Prior's time and power giving a team member with an anti-prior field a good amount of time to find the right frequency and disable the Prior. Also, we do not know if the Prior is capable of stopping bullets and resurrecting at the same time. This is, of course, optimistic, but in the end, we don't have a good gauge of the Prior's abilities.

What we do know, however, is that the anti-prior field can and does work. Now, if the prototype can work at short range, an advanced model could be much more effective. Perhaps people did not understand what I meant when I first posted: I proposed that each device have a scanner built in, which when targeting a specific Prior, would rapidly shift through frequencies, trying to see which one was effective. Once it finds an effective frequency, it switches to it, at which point the Prior would be disabled. Im not saying that this technology exists, but I think Carter could pull something like this off. Its not all too complicated.

Now, someone mentioned two Priors as a threat. And indeed, it is a threat. The thing is, it is rare that there is more than one Prior on a world. A prior is a messenger of Origin. There is no need for there to be more than one. And, if there were to be a large land battle, with multiple Priors, it would not be tactically sound to have any one prior close to another. It would make much more sense to have the Prior's spread out throughout the army, to inspire all soldiers, and aid them if necessary. So, yes, two Priors could be a big problem, but the likelyhood of it happening is low.

And to the person who posted about the staff, when the first prior was disabled, all his pwoers were gone, and the staff was useless.

A few other things: I liked the idea of beaming a nuke in to an Ori ship while it was on the ground. IT doesn't have to be a nuke, it could just be a big bomb. It would still be effective.

Also, the person who talked about Daniel taking off the necklace and having a price to pay, that price could be
            Spoiler:
            Daniel turning in to a Prior, in "the shroud"

Comment

Originally posted by einx359
              Okay, I'm gonna respond to a few things in this thread:

First off, to clarify on the issue of ground troops:

Let us take a look at the Jaffa: The Jaffa are bred as warriors. They possess enhanced strength, and have extended lifespans that gives them many years of experience. And yet staff weapons are not the most effective weapons. Up against SG teams Jaffa have fallen, due to superior weapons and possibly superior tactics.

Now compare the Jaffa to the recruited Ori footsoldier: The most possible training he could have had is two years. They most likely never held a weapon before in their live. They don't have enhanced strength, and are actually likely to be weaker than a modern day human. Their weapons do appear to be superior to a staff weapon, but still lack the rapid fire capacity of a modern day human weapon. So, they are still ousted by technology, and are even less combat capable than a jaffa. Doubtfully a difficult oponent.

Now, on to the Priors:

Some have vocalised a concern that Priors could ressurect the dead Ori footsoldiers. I will say that that is very true. And this does pose an ample threat. However, we must remember that Priors are capable of being "distracted". The act of resurrecting takes up a Prior's time and power giving a team member with an anti-prior field a good amount of time to find the right frequency and disable the Prior. Also, we do not know if the Prior is capable of stopping bullets and resurrecting at the same time. This is, of course, optimistic, but in the end, we don't have a good gauge of the Prior's abilities.

What we do know, however, is that the anti-prior field can and does work. Now, if the prototype can work at short range, an advanced model could be much more effective. Perhaps people did not understand what I meant when I first posted: I proposed that each device have a scanner built in, which when targeting a specific Prior, would rapidly shift through frequencies, trying to see which one was effective. Once it finds an effective frequency, it switches to it, at which point the Prior would be disabled. Im not saying that this technology exists, but I think Carter could pull something like this off. Its not all too complicated.

Now, someone mentioned two Priors as a threat. And indeed, it is a threat. The thing is, it is rare that there is more than one Prior on a world. A prior is a messenger of Origin. There is no need for there to be more than one. And, if there were to be a large land battle, with multiple Priors, it would not be tactically sound to have any one prior close to another. It would make much more sense to have the Prior's spread out throughout the army, to inspire all soldiers, and aid them if necessary. So, yes, two Priors could be a big problem, but the likelyhood of it happening is low.

And to the person who posted about the staff, when the first prior was disabled, all his pwoers were gone, and the staff was useless.

A few other things: I liked the idea of beaming a nuke in to an Ori ship while it was on the ground. IT doesn't have to be a nuke, it could just be a big bomb. It would still be effective.

Also, the person who talked about Daniel taking off the necklace and having a price to pay, that price could be
              Spoiler:
              Daniel turning in to a Prior, in "the shroud"
              Oops... hehe, yup, probably true...

Comment

There are a few ways to destroy an Ori ship:
                1) a black hole
                2) blow a star
                3) Drones(possibly)
                4) Ringing weapons aboard.
                5) Supergate(only works once)
                6) Insanely large fleet
                7) sabotage
                Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn
                  There are a few ways to destroy an Ori ship:
                  1) a black hole
                  2) blow a star
                  3) Drones(possibly)
                  4) Ringing weapons aboard.
                  5) Supergate(only works once)
                  6) Insanely large fleet
                  7) sabotage
                  1) Yes
                  2) Yes
                  3) as you said, possibly
                  4) Unfortunately, Priors can detect ringings, and thus disable weapons ringed onboard before they go off.
                  5) Yes, but as you said, doubtful they would fall for it again
                  6) Maybe. I'd like to say yes
                  7) Again, Priors and Adria can detect it, so it would have to be very fast.

Comment

You forgot the most convenient and powerful option. It is in my opinion, the most likely due to the fact that season 10 is the last season (it is decided right?) and that they'd want to end big (like season 7 finale big, but bigger) with big fights and big... stuff.

8) Ancients / ascends intervention

I mean, this is the motherlode... Come on, the whole Pegasus Project episode was meant to set up the so called "Dissenting Ancients"... You know they'll eventually have to do something against the Ori once and for all. THAT will be a sight to see... Imagine, battle ascended...

Let's just hope it won't get the Q war treatment from star trek...

Comment

"So, in reality, the only real "unstoppable threat" to someone facing the Ori is their motherships. The ground troops suck, the Priors can be defeated, Adria is only one person, and we can assume that the fighters are capable of going down as well. In essence, we have the problem of the Halo universe, in which the only thing keeping the bad guy over us is the superior ship technology. After all, it doesn't matter how well you do on a planet if the big ships just blow the crap out of you from space."
                      I heard it said somewhere "there's always a bigger fish..." When faced with superior technology, and intellect, sometimes it's very reassuring to find some unexplained person, or dimension, or anamoly that just happens to suck the crap out of the spaceships.(pardon my french.)
                      HUINENG: the mind is the stand of a bright mirror.
                      At all times diligently
                      wipe it.
                      Do not allow it
                      to become
                      dusty.

Comment

speaking of Q wars...
                        HUINENG: the mind is the stand of a bright mirror.
                        At all times diligently
                        wipe it.
                        Do not allow it
                        to become
                        dusty.

Comment

Anyway, given that the universe isn't infinite I would say if the battle were to occur in our dimention only, then there is a limit to technological superiority. Beyond this point (where both sides wield the "ultimate weapon") the only deciding factors would be tactics, quantity, and resources.

Comment

Working...
                          X