Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked it up until the dragon....
    ...I guess I'm a sucker for mythology and tests of faith.
    "Science Fiction is an existential metaphor. It allows us to to tell stories about the human condition.
    Isaac Asimov once said 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and and philosphers of today. But the core of science fiction--it's essence--has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.' "
    ~Grell, 'Silver/Teal'c', SG-1, 200th Episode

Comment

Originally posted by Dezdmona
      Same! I only wish the dragon looked better... CG on it was horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Dezdmona
        Those weren't tests of faith. Those were 5 second tests that anyone could figure out.

Comment

Good episode, nice cliffhanger
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by markaudette
            WOW did that dragon look cheesy. Bad animation.

This episode really doesn't give me enough desire to wait until the fllow up episode.
            It was really exceptionally good graphics, just it didnt go well with the background. That's what made it look cheesy. If they had had a 3d background like the dragon, then it wouldnt have been cheesy.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

adria's hotter now!!!!!!!!!
              A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by espress
                And IMO it's a terrible episode. What makes your opinion more suitable than mine? Go away.
                And if I say NOOO?!

Dont ruin it for the REST of us. Please.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Everyone has their right to an opinion if you disagree with them explain why, don't just shout.

Expressing an opinion doesn't ruin it for everyone else - other people shouldn't be bothered about opinions they clearly don't share
                  sigpic

Comment

Ladies and Gents, Just a refresher - since people seem to have zero retention when it comes to the rules of this forum

Rule #1, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW POSTERS

Here's a clue, telling someone to shut up and go away is NOT respect. Keep doing it and you will end up gagged for a day or three

You don't have to like or agree with a person's opinion, but you DO have to reaspect it. And if you can't do that, maybe you should be playing elsewhere
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

OK, here's a nice tangential observation.
                      People virtually frozen in their tracks, walking a maze that can't be seen, pitching stones to find a path...
                      That whole scene is straight out of a film called "Stalker" (and no, the title is not even remotely indicative of the theme). One of the writers must have seen it. It's a film by Andrei Tarkovsky, shot in Russia 1979, which has something of a cult following. It moves very slowly and, while the cinematography is very good (almost black and white, but not quite) the scenery is rather bleak.

Here's a synopsis:

Twenty years ago, a meteorite fell to Earth, and decimated a provincial Russian town. Villagers traveled through this curious area, now known as The Zone, and disappeared. Stories purport that there is an inner chamber within The Zone called The Room that grants one's deepest wish. Fearing the consequences from such an inscrutable resource, the army immediately secured the area with barbed wire and armed patrol. But the desperate and the suffering continue to make the treacherous journey, led by a disciplined, experienced stalker who can stealthily navigate through the constantly changing traps and pitfalls of The Zone. A successful Writer (Anatoli Solonitsyn), perhaps searching for inspiration or adventure, and a Scientist (Nikolai Grinko) searching for Truth, enlist the Stalker (Aleksandr Kaidanovsky) to guide them through The Zone. The Stalker has been trained by a renowned stalker named Porcupine, who, after an excursion with his brother into The Zone, returned alone and infinitely wealthy, only to commit suicide a week later. Soon, it is evident that reaching The Zone is not their greatest impediment, but the uncertainty over their deepest wish. As the men approach the threshold to The Room, their fear and trepidation for the materialization of their answered prayers leads to profound revelation and self-discovery.

Those interested will have one helluva time finding a rental copy. I'm in Austin Texas and as such am spoiled in that regard.
                      So, there's a little bit tossed into the mix.
                      -Later

Comment

The new stargate tonight rocked! It had the good mystery to it and it was kind of like Indiana Jones the Last Crusade movie. I'm really glad to see Adria back. She is a great actress and incredibly good looking. Hopefully she'll be back a lot more during the second half of the season. Vala is still somewhat annoying but I can put up with her for now.

I don't want to wait until March to see what happens!!!!
                        Freakin cliffhangars.

Comment

Hmm... I think Adria has something else to contribute.

Only her DEFENSIVE capabilities are working. So maybe she can shield SG1, Ba'al, and herself from the Dragon's fire.

This will be the proof of being "true in spirit" or whatever other requirements are needed to complete the quest.
                          http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                            adria's hotter now!!!!!!!!!
                            Dude, when I saw her, I was like wow. I think she got implants.
                            http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                            The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

its just starting now in HI. im still trying to figure out how vala knew all that at the given time
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
                                Dude, when I saw her, I was like wow. I think she got implants.
                                It's called a push-up bra, or she is naturally like that.

Why is it that some people believe you can only get big... "Dakara weapons"... through implants? Ever heard of genetics?

As in Morena Baccarin is genetically d@mn foine!
                                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Working...
                                X