Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also if you look at the latest ratings both shows are about even so i say kill Atlamtis and keep sg1 or better yet start a new earth based show with the IOC running the stargate program.

Comment

Nothing's wrong with SGA IMO. I just still really enjoy SG-1. I think Season 9 really refreshed this show - doesn't even seem like it's been on 10 years. Besides, I just enjoy it more than SGA. That's why I'm upset.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by badblu
        also if you look at the latest ratings both shows are about even so i say kill Atlamtis and keep sg1 or better yet start a new earth based show with the IOC running the stargate program.
        Not really, Atlantis has been stronger than SG-1 this year ratings wise. Keeping SG-1 around for another season would mean no more Daniel which would mean more fans leaving and no one for Vala to play off of anymore.
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
          Not really, Atlantis has been stronger than SG-1 this year ratings wise. Keeping SG-1 around for another season would mean no more Daniel which would mean more fans leaving and no one for Vala to play off of anymore.
          That's not necessarily true about no Daniel. I'm sure TPTB would have worked something out with MS if a Season 11 had been given the go ahead.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I like Atlantis but for me it doesn't even hold a torch to sg-1 and I am including the current seasons aswell. I liked season 1 of Atlantis better than season 8 of SG-1 admittedly but after that it started going downhill for me and I don't see it coming up again. So I'd MUCH rather have SG-1 stay than Atlantis, the characters are easier to familiarise with, vala being a great addition, the the enemy is much better, the general feel of the show is better imo. For me Atlantis tries to perceive itself as a family, putting all these lines about them being close and a family etc etc in the show, SG-1 is a family without having to mention it, you can just see it.

Comment

Just because Atlantis exists doesn't mean we should give up on SG-1 and accept the next best thing. SG-1 and Atlantis are NOT the same series. There are SG-1 fans who don't like Atlantis and vice versa. I myself do enjoy Atlantis but not nearly as much as SG-1. If I could choose which series to cancel if the other were to go on for 5 more years I'd cancel Atlantis.

I am pleased that the Stargate franchise will continue with Atlantis and, hopefully with a third spin-off to be introduced in a few years but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't help support SG-1 during this time - whether or not that support does anything is irrelevant.
              //

O'Neill: Phasers?
              Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                I like Atlantis but for me it doesn't even hold a torch to sg-1 and I am including the current seasons aswell. I liked season 1 of Atlantis better than season 8 of SG-1 admittedly but after that it started going downhill for me and I don't see it coming up again. So I'd MUCH rather have SG-1 stay than Atlantis, the characters are easier to familiarise with, vala being a great addition, the the enemy is much better, the general feel of the show is better imo. For me Atlantis tries to perceive itself as a family, putting all these lines about them being close and a family etc etc in the show, SG-1 is a family without having to mention it, you can just see it.
                See and feel. And you're right, I don't feel this in Atlantis. At all.
                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  That's not necessarily true about no Daniel. I'm sure TPTB would have worked something out with MS if a Season 11 had been given the go ahead.
                  Unfortunately I don't see how, Lexa and him have spoke about plans to soon move down to LA. His role would then be like RDA's is right now if there was to be a Season 11.
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

SG1 stopped being SG1 in season 7, they stopped going on missions through the gate, i hope atlantis doesn't turn in to stargate pegaus galaxy, like SG1 turned into Stargate Milky way galaxy

Comment

Will there be a 3rd Stargate TV series?
                      sigpic

Comment

I want both

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                          Okay, if SG1 is cancelled, go ahead.

BUT DO NOT KILL THE ORI STORY! Bring it to...

STARGATE COMMAND
                          Sorry, that won't work. Casual viewers will see Stargate SG-1 Season 11 and wonder why the name changed. Changing the name won't magically make it a different show.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
                            Sorry, that won't work. Casual viewers will see Stargate SG-1 Season 11 and wonder why the name changed. Changing the name won't magically make it a different show.
                            So they should bring the Ori to Pegasus Galaxy, kill the Wraith within the season, make a new base somewhere else, bring some of Atlantis characters (McKay, Sheppard, Weir and perhaps Zelenka) back to Stargate Command to join Sam, Vala, Mitchell, Teal'c and General Landry) and start the new show.
                            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                              Actually the ratings have been very close to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                                So they should bring the Ori to Pegasus Galaxy, kill the Wraith within the season, make a new base somewhere else, bring some of Atlantis characters (McKay, Sheppard, Weir and perhaps Zelenka) back to Stargate Command to join Sam, Vala, Mitchell, Teal'c and General Landry) and start the new show.
                                I have a better idea. End SG-1 and continue Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                                X