This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks
    Teal'c was speculating, it is not cannon.
    ya'll took carters speculation as canon (then 3 zpms blowing didn't do it, debunked but still stated as fact), tealc's comments are canon as it was mentioned in show.
    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
      ya'll took carters speculation as canon (then 3 zpms blowing didn't do it, debunked but still stated as fact), tealc's comments are canon as it was mentioned in show.
      That's it just ignore everyone elses arguments, and repeat yourself, that will prove you're right! Maybe you should go into politics. And for God sake's can it with the ZPM's. Camulus's ZPM was deliberately altered to turn it into a weapon, the ZPMs on the Asuran city ship were just set to overload, it's not the same thing. Kinda like the difference between Chernobyl and Hiroshima.
      Last edited by jds1982; 23 September 2006, 07:39 AM.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

follow your own advice. stop repeating tealc not canon when it is.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982
          That's it just ignore everyone elses arguments, and repeat yourself, that will prove you're right! Maybe you should go into politics. And for God sake's can it with the ZPM's. Camulus's ZPM was deliberately altered to turn it into a weapon, the ZPMs on the Asuran city ship were just set to overload, it's not the same thing. Kinda like the difference between Chernobyl and Hiroshima.
          Don't mind him, he's just unbearably childish...

Comment

follow your own advice. stop repeating tealc not canon when it is.
            Oh no, it is canon that Teal'c speculated about why the Ori haven't come to Earth, it is canon that Teal'c thinks they maybe the drone platform is keeping them at bay. However it is not canon that the Ori are not coming to Earth because of the drone weapon. Maybe they are staying away from Earth because of the weapon, but it's possible they have some other reason for not coming. I don't know, Teal'c doesn't know, the only people who know are the Ori, and TPTB. A guess can not be considered a fact, in any universe.
            And I'm not ignoring anyones arguement. I have listened to your arguement and all I have seen is faulty logic. You argue that because someone speculated about something in the show it is undeniable fact. I would agree with you if the character was sure about what they were saying, but the fact that Teal'c used the wording that, perhaps the Ori were afraid of the drone platform, shows me that he was guessing. People don't use the words maybe or perhaps when they're sure of something, they use them when they're uncertain. Your other point, that because some people consider a wild guess by one character to be canon, is equally as specious a point as your first one. Well because that guy thinks its true, everyone else must think the same way, so it's gotta be true. You can't lump everyone together like that, we don't all believe the same things. Not to mention, just because someone believes something to be true, doesn't mean it is. Centuries ago, the majority of people believed the world to be flat, but that didn't make it flat.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

yawn, till it's address in show it stands. deal with it

Comment

yawn, till it's address in show it stands. deal with it
                Yes, it stands that it was only speculation, as it was presented in the show...

Comment

I'll never understand the inability of some people to grasp simple logic.

Comment

Working...
                  X