Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was in "Company of Thieves" ((Spoilers Within!!))

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreyFox
    oy.......
    Oy? ROFL....thank you GreyFox, for a much needed laugh.
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Well done man, great job!!
      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Sorry you got blown up.

Comment

Originally posted by underduck
          In "Company of Thieves" I'm the weapons officer on the Lucian Alliance ship. I have no lines. But ended up with way more screentime than I was expecting. I'm the one standing at the front of the bridge. And in the two shots with the Captain, I'm the one on the left. In the front of frame.
          Oh that's very cool! Although having read your account about it on your blog... all I can say is... ouch! As one of the other walk-on winners, all I had to do was stand/walk/run around in a dress... can't imagine having something that looks that heavy glued to my head for hours on end. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Ok guys, stepping in here as a mod

First, no disrespect to those that play here that are legitimate members of hte cast and crew, BUT unless and until darren can confirm things via an official source, i warn you to be politely skeptical. Believe or don't believe as you wish, but don't exactly tell them your life story and hand them your credit card. Anyone can say anything. (and i warn this because a few years ago someone pretended to be MS online for weeks before they were outed)

However, i will also say that most of hte folks here are who they say they are. LIke i said, skeptically respectful.

And instead of you, the random average poster taking the person on and 'calling thier bluff' how about you simply pm/e-mail darren if youi're concerned about it
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
              Oh that's very cool! Although having read your account about it on your blog... all I can say is... ouch! As one of the other walk-on winners, all I had to do was stand/walk/run around in a dress... can't imagine having something that looks that heavy glued to my head for hours on end. Thanks for sharing!

What is the thing about six walk on winners? Was there a contest I didn't know about, or was this an auction thing? Very cool that you get to be on the show, congrats! I had a blast up there. They are all really great people!

Congrats to you too Underduck! (And whoever else won a spot from here)

It's an awesome thing to be part of the SG Universe.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by N8ball88
                What is the thing about six walk on winners? Was there a contest I didn't know about, or was this an auction thing?
                At Creation's Vancouver Stargate con this past March, during Saturday's Make A Wish charity auction, they put up a walk-on role. I think they were only going to put up one other walk-on role for Sunday's auction, but N John Smith apparently said that if you could match what was bid the day prior, then you could get one too.

And yes, it was incredibly awesome to be a part of Stargate, if only for the day. The people there were just the best.

Comment

Doing SG1 was part of my day job. I'm an actor/artist. And the money in background is good, so I do that to pay the rent. I've so far only had three days on Atlantis (Villager)... the sets are always great fun to play round in.

Vancouver is a great place to get involved in sci-fi related stuff. We had the Stargates, Fantastic Fours, Xmens, Riddick, Xfiles.. lots more. I just got particularly lucky on this particular day. They happened to need only one crewman, and I got the call.

Woo!

Comment

I was really there and doing it folks... There are, in fact, honest people in this world. No need for skeptics here.

Here are some photos the make-up dept were kind enough to take. I was 90% blind for the whole day.

That's me on the right:

Last edited by underduck; 16 September 2006, 08:28 PM.

Comment

good job hope you do more shows dude maybe we could see you more in atlantis next season

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Cool! Congratulations!

Now the obvious question is...have you done any episodes after this one, and can you tell us anything about them?

Comment

Very cool pics, I believe you.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

That was my last day on Stargate SG1. I was really sad to see it go. The crew and cast were amazing people.

But Atlantis rolls on. And I will never tell anything I know before an Episode airs.... but Atlantis is lookin good this year. I'm liking the writing to come. I think you will too.

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
                              Not fair Striv....wardobe wants me to bring a button down shirt and casul khakis or other casul slacks. I wanted to be an alien or villager....what do I get? A science tech in Danny's lab.....white labcoat, here I come. LOL

Did I mention I don't wear button down shirts....this should be fun. Guess my first day in Vancouver will be spent shopping. I was hoping to be buying something more um, regional though. LOL

I'm not complaining....really. It just seems strange that wardrobe is requesting I bring my own "costume". I'm hoping after I arrive, I can talk them into blue BDU's. Wish me luck.

And uperduck, wearing all that latex must have been an experience. If you get the chance to do any more extra work, please let us know.
                              Last edited by Lida; 16 September 2006, 09:04 PM.
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Yeah but "Lab Coat" days are the posh food ones...

The crafty table is exactly halfway to the Lab set from Extras Holding.... lol

Comment

Working...
                                X