This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR
    People dont get raped on stargate, it just doesnt happen. And Carter would NEVER allow that to happen, they established that in season 1 Emancipation.
    Well technically Daniel was raped by Hathor. But yeah, I don't think there was even a hint that Carter was raped.

Comment

lemme just say that i was ecstatic to see the classic Vala return

green to TPTB for having her be more than just a sex-crazed pony-tailed immature twit
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

its sad that they killed Emmerson. i hope that there is a possiblity of him surviving, i know its a very very very very long shot, but stranger things have happend.
        Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
        (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by Mabase
          I thought it was a great episode! but did they just say at the end .. season finale? or series.. dont remember already. Wern't they suppose to just wait till march and then run it to the end of season 10? they are cutting it off? with this next one coming up?
          They say that every year at this time, and it does get annoying. We had just about this same conversation when the promos for 4H pt.1 aired exactly a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
            Ick.
            Nice to see somebody reciprocates what I feel.

There's only us,
            There's only this
            Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
            No other road,
            No other way
            No day but today...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate

cool clips
                A Symbiote

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano
                  lemme just say that i was ecstatic to see the classic Vala return

green to TPTB for having her be more than just a sex-crazed pony-tailed immature twit
                  Definitely (and she looks MUCH better with her hair down ). I kind of wanted her to tell Carter "don't worry, I've stolen one of these before."

I loved this episode! Plenty of twists, some fun without being over the top, some drama for certain, some good Sam stuff. I liked the way she and Daniel and Vala worked together. I loved the Teal'c/Cam stuff as well. Daniel's whole "prepare to fire" and Marks' response (good on ya, Marks. You have a personality). Poor Emerson. I wasn't overly fond of the guy the way I was about Pendergast but still--yikes! Cold!

Sam shedding a tear...I think that's fine. No one seems to cry for anyone anymore so at least that gave it a little more weight.

I don't know--this was just a nice way to end an evening. I concede--this felt like a cross between Star Wars and Farscape, which is cool for me, yet still had a really strong team feel as everyone contributed. And Teal'c got to kick some butt and almost beat up Mitchell AND people acted in character.

There were a lot of good lines--the whole "Plan" thing (as in, "we don't have one" and "I'm making it up as I go".) Not overly predictable, although I did figure the Netan thing when he shows up on Tenat's ship. Loved the Tenat/Cam stuff and my favorite line of the evening:

"Damn you, Cam Mitchell!" BOOM!!!

Geez...I didn't expect much from this one and really ended up enjoying it.

Comment

I don't have a lot of time today, but I had to post a few of my thoughts about Company of Thieves. It was, in my opinion, the best episode of the tenth season, to date. For the first time, in a very long time, I felt like SG-1 was a team again. Sam was fantastic, showing emotion, while maintaining her inner strength and intelligence. Teal'c was finally allowed to show some of his former Jaffa side, and the scene with Cam, where he had him by the throat was priceless. Ben Browder finally seems to be hitting his stride with his character and Vala was totally believeable, both as a former Goa'uld and while "helping" Sam repair the ship. I wish I could really dissect this episode, but it had felt alot like the "old" SG-1, and I'm now completely convinced that SciFi has made a very grave error in cancelling the series. Another season would have demonstrated a new energy and would have allowed the writers to complete some story arcs, while perhaps, opening some new ones, allowing for easier transition to a mini-series and/or movies.

Sorry, I'm outta time...I'm still doing laundry and packing. I'll let the cast know how many people enjoyed this episode, and hopefully the mid-season finale next week, will leave everyone wanting more.
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                    X