No announcement yet.

The all inclusive final scene/episode speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if we are looking at this the wrong way? Sci-Fi said there would be no Stargate SG-1 but what if they are rolling SG-1 into a new series and just not letting it ou to us? What if the Sci-Fi execs are sitting back and laughing at us for how worked up we are getting when they are planning a new series to roll over to?

Personally I feel that they will leave us with a cliffhanger of the Stargate program going public and maybe having the SGC blown up from an attack by the Ori. Basically the new series would pick up with the SGC being moved to a new location and the world would be united to stop the Ori.

Comment

It would be a nice thought, but I doubt it. Sc-Fi has a history of making poor decisions. I have a feeling it was just a rash decision.

Comment

Originally posted by The.Prior.of.The.Ori
        id rather see another 10 seasons myself
        So would I and i think Scifi really should reconsider as the ratings have improved and are holding steady 1.5 for Company of Theives and 1.6 for Phantoms. I think this show desererves much more than Scifi is giving it.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DanJack
          It would be a nice thought, but I doubt it. Sc-Fi has a history of making poor decisions. I have a feeling it was just a rash decision.
          Grrrrrr. Evil Scifi!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
            I have some questions about the series finale...
            1. Will Richard Dean-Anderson return as "General O'Neill?"
            2. Will it be a one-hour or two-hour finale?
            3. If O'Neill returns, do you think they'll bring Don S. Davis back for a cameo so we can see the original five in the finale?
            4. Do you think this will end with a cliffhanger to be resolved in a movie?
            5. Do you think this episode will bring an end to the Ori invasion?
            6. Alternatively, do you think this episode will deflect the Ori invasion to the Pegasus galaxy?
            7. Do you think any of the core cast will be killed off in the finale? If there were no plans to do a movie, I would expect Teal'c to give his life to safe the Free Jaffa, finally uniting the Free Jaffa once and for all. However, if they do a movie, you know they'll want Teal'c front and center with the rest of the main cast.

That's all for now...
            1. If they can get him to come back cool, if not just as cool as I love the new team.
            2. Me hopes, but not likely.
            3.Be nice but doubtfull.
            4. Possibly, it is likely it will end resolved but open ended.
            5. Not compleatly no. Likely we will kick some major booty but the threat of revenge looms over us.
            6. that could be cool if done right.
            7. God I hope not. No killing of core cast.
            I expect an awesome finale with a resoulution but open ended and it will be one hell of a ride.

Comment

i know i'm in the minority, but i'd love to see SG-1 end at the end of this season and a mini-series finishing off the Ori once and for all.
              Then see a new series set on earth in about 20-30 years in the future after the world has learnt about the stargate.
              We've colonised a dozen or so planets, doing quite well for ourselves. Although there are a few problems in some of our colonies, we get accepted as the 5th race and we get dragged into a war with some other alien that has it in for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonmatel
                i know i'm in the minority, but i'd love to see SG-1 end at the end of this season and a mini-series finishing off the Ori once and for all.
                Then see a new series set on earth in about 20-30 years in the future after the world has learnt about the stargate.
                We've colonised a dozen or so planets, doing quite well for ourselves. Although there are a few problems in some of our colonies, we get accepted as the 5th race and we get dragged into a war with some other alien that has it in for us.
                Actually that sounds interesting, and I would love for SG-1 to continue on another season, as I have loved seasons 9 and 10 but I will take whatever I can get which will likely be a miniseries.

Comment

Thats a nice idea, but the only problem is that it might conflict with Atlantis. I mean, how are they supposed to not mention Atlantis or anything related to it at all? Maybe they could do this:...

On the final season of Atlantis, for the mid-season cliffhanger, have a time travel episode where someone from this new series comes back in time, and needs the help of Atlantis for some reason. It would be a weird episode where they travel to the future, maybe have to solve a problem they inadvertantly caused in their previous missions, etc. Then, start a spinoff series from that point, and have it go for half a season. Once Atlantis ends, the new series would start up, going full seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by einx359
                    Thats a nice idea, but the only problem is that it might conflict with Atlantis. I mean, how are they supposed to not mention Atlantis or anything related to it at all? Maybe they could do this:...

On the final season of Atlantis, for the mid-season cliffhanger, have a time travel episode where someone from this new series comes back in time, and needs the help of Atlantis for some reason. It would be a weird episode where they travel to the future, maybe have to solve a problem they inadvertantly caused in their previous missions, etc. Then, start a spinoff series from that point, and have it go for half a season. Once Atlantis ends, the new series would start up, going full seasons.
                    yeah i was thinking that it might conflict with Atlantis a bit, and yeah i was thinking they shouldn't mention it at all.

Comment

yeah i was thinking that it might conflict with Atlantis a bit, and yeah i was thinking they shouldn't mention it at all.
                      No I disagree. I think any show they have be it SG-1 or a spinoff should mention Atlantis in some form or guest star as well. I like the crossovers and don't think it conflicts at all and I'd love to see something to your orrignal thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                        No I disagree. I think any show they have be it SG-1 or a spinoff should mention Atlantis in some form or guest star as well. I like the crossovers and don't think it conflicts at all and I'd love to see something to your orrignal thought.
                        i see where you are coming from, and i think to start yet another spinoff series the easiest way to do it would be to bring in the old characters we know and love.
                        But the storyteller in me really wants to see a new concept with new characters and stories, not just a story where we find yet another gate network in another galaxy. Let Atlantis have as many SG-1 crossovers as they want. But i want a new stargate series to be.....New

And if you mention atlantis then you must tell a whole backstory that hasn't happened present day yet.

Comment

i see where you are coming from, and i think to start yet another spinoff series the easiest way to do it would be to bring in the old characters we know and love.
                          But the storyteller in me really wants to see a new concept with new characters and stories, not just a story where we find yet another gate network in another galaxy. Let Atlantis have as many SG-1 crossovers as they want. But i want a new stargate series to be.....New

And if you mention atlantis then you must tell a whole backstory that hasn't happened present day yet.
                          Well, I think that the best way to go about it would be to go with the plan i listed, where you mkae it coincide with the end of Atlantis. Either that, or they would have to do something in order to alleviate the disbelief created by the enw series. After all, if we know Atlantis survives in to the enw series, then there is no suspense at all in Atlantis, because we know that they cannot destroy the city at all. Maybe, if they do the spinoff, they do something where the new bad guys set up a "temporal destabilizer", which sets the future in to a state of dangerous flux. This could be used as an excuse, in that "our future is no longer certain, and strange things could happen that would alter it". Idk, but if it runs alongside Atlantis, there better be something good to solve this problem.

As for new character, I was thinking it over, and realised: They could bring in a new team, led by the son of jack and carter, as well as two new people, with tealc also being on the team. Because tealc is so old already, 20 years wont warrant the need for new prosthetics.

Comment

Well, I think that the best way to go about it would be to go with the plan i listed, where you mkae it coincide with the end of Atlantis. Either that, or they would have to do something in order to alleviate the disbelief created by the enw series. After all, if we know Atlantis survives in to the enw series, then there is no suspense at all in Atlantis, because we know that they cannot destroy the city at all. Maybe, if they do the spinoff, they do something where the new bad guys set up a "temporal destabilizer", which sets the future in to a state of dangerous flux. This could be used as an excuse, in that "our future is no longer certain, and strange things could happen that would alter it". Idk, but if it runs alongside Atlantis, there better be something good to solve this problem.

As for new character, I was thinking it over, and realised: They could bring in a new team, led by the son of jack and carter, as well as two new people, with tealc also being on the team. Because tealc is so old already, 20 years wont warrant the need for new prosthetics.
                            I think either idea is possible and plausible and i think all we can do is wait and see but I have strong faith in TBTB.

Comment

I like the idea of the the time destabilizer.. That would mean you could bring back any enemy you wanted from any timeline you wanted. You could be fighting Ra for example, of some other enemy from the future could come back in time. As for the characters you could bring back Jacks clone from Fragile Balance 7x03 as a full grown Jack.

Comment

I like the idea of the the time destabilizer.. That would mean you could bring back any enemy you wanted from any timeline you wanted. You could be fighting Ra for example, of some other enemy from the future could come back in time. As for the characters you could bring back Jacks clone from Fragile Balance 7x03 as a full grown Jack.
                                Possibly but I don't want a time travel ep for the finale.

Comment

Working...
                                X