This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by einx359
    From that interview, it sounds like Landry is not involved in the episode, considering that she said that she has moments with Sam in "family ties", and then says it would be fun to do an episode with Landry. Then again, it could be an episode that is multiple storylines compiled in to one. Maybe its more of a "calm before the storm" episode, where everyone is trying to resolve everything before an impending Ori attack.

Yes, I think youre right it will be multiple storylines. Landry will be involved.....just not with Vala.
    Please check out my Doctor Who forum at http://tardistales.proboards100.com/index.cgi

There are boards for the classic series and new series and much more.

Comment

There are futher updates on this episode. This is from the Soloutions Wiki.

Major spoilers about Cast and a episode summary.

Spoiler:
      http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/10.18_%22Family_Ties%22_Episode_Guide

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
        There are futher updates on this episode. This is from the Soloutions Wiki.

Major spoilers about Cast and a episode summary.

Spoiler:
        http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/10.18_%22Family_Ties%22_Episode_Guide

Honestly, and simply, I cannot believe or understand why they are wasting one of their last episodes on this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post
          I wonder if family ties - refers to the SG-1 family as a whole.

Especially as Daniel is gone.

Maybe something happens to upset the status quo between the SG-1 members? Something that might mean O'neill may have to come back and sort out?

Just my 2 cents - it cant be all Lam/Landry
          I thought I'd read somewhere
          Spoiler:
          that there were some Vala/Carter moments so it might be a whole series of things between the characters right before some big possible deaths!

Comment

Personally I think this will be a great episode. Fred Willard as Vala's father, hilarious! I think examining all the characters will be a great ep. Nice soft episode prior to the big finale.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              Personally I think this will be a great episode. Fred Willard as Vala's father, hilarious! I think examining all the characters will be a great ep. Nice soft episode prior to the big finale.
              That's just it. It's waaaaay too late in the season to be taking a peek at any of the new characters' pasts. I mean, instead of TTTB or any one of the other lame episodes in S9, they could've done it. But waiting until the end of S10 to get all of the "character" eps in ("The Road Not Taken," "Talion," "Family," even "The Shroud") is too little, too late, imo.

They need to focus on wrapping up the arc they've created.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                That's just it. It's waaaaay too late in the season to be taking a peek at any of the new characters' pasts. I mean, instead of TTTB or any one of the other lame episodes in S9, they could've done it. But waiting until the end of S10 to get all of the "character" eps in ("The Road Not Taken," "Talion," "Family," even "The Shroud") is too little, too late, imo.

I see your point but I disagree. First these eps were written long before cancellation so they made sense and still do. IMO they still have plenty of time to wrap up the Ori properly in Dominion,Unending and Stargate SG-1 the movie part 1.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  It's waaaaay too late in the season to be taking a peek at any of the new characters' pasts.

I see your point and I agree.

Comment

I see your point but I disagree. First these eps were written long before cancellation so they made sense and still do. IMO they still have plenty of time to wrap up the Ori properly in Dominion,Unending and Stargate SG-1 the movie part 1.
                    I agree with you, Mitchell82. TPTB will still be able to provide a fitting end to the Ori storyline with the last two eps and the first DVD movie.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Fred Willard? I see him as more Lucius-like than "roguish."

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                        Fred Willard? I see him as more Lucius-like than "roguish."
                        Personally, I'm going to give him a chance. It could be pretty good stuff.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

I really want to remind everybody that so called (in fans' minds) BIG FINALE, is actually going to be SEASON's finale, not the SERIES finale. So examining family business of the characters is really great idea. Tallion episode was already written I think when they found out about not renewing for season 11, but I believe they've been already probably in talks about the movies writing the last two episodes of season 10. So they're going to be normal, finishing season episodes. And I'm really happy about it.
                          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

That's exactly the point though! There were done thinking with S11 in mind. So when the news of the axe came through, they had time to change the undone scripts into what's more worthwhile for the 3rd last episode of the longest running sci-fi show or whatever award it got for 10 seasons of runtime. There are so many other things they could have dedicated it to compared to what they have done.

I swear if I hear those writers saying fun regarding the eps again, I'll scream! If they want to continue to try their hand at comedy then they should do Stargate: Friends.

Comment

While I love Landry, I have never taken to Lam at all. With the series trying to wrap up loose ends, it seems like a waste of an episode to go into the Landry/Lam, "Why I hate daddy" scenario.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                                While I love Landry, I have never taken to Lam at all. With the series trying to wrap up loose ends, it seems like a waste of an episode to go into the Landry/Lam, "Why I hate daddy" scenario.
                                I thought they made a peace in season 9's "The Fourth Horsemen" pt. 2? As far as I know, Landry's wife is going to make an appearance in this episode. Plus, from what I've read, the episode is not only going to focus on Landry's family. Vala's dad is going to pay her a visit, too!
                                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Working...
                                X