Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earth should have some new ships by the end of the season...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that we should definately see new ships. I was so happy when I saw the Korelev, and then so pissed when it was destroyed. So new ships is a definate must.

I also think that Earth should make new kinds of ships. There should definately be an Earth equivalent to the Alkesh, a medium sized ship with high manueverability and decent firepower. Maybe they should also make some kind of "Earth mothership", a space equivalent to an aircraft carrier, holding fleets of 302s and the medium sized ship I thought of above. That is what I'd loved to see, but I know it wont happen. I'd settle for one or two new ships by this season.

Comment

Originally posted by einx359
      I also think that Earth should make new kinds of ships. There should definately be an Earth equivalent to the Alkesh, a medium sized ship with high manueverability and decent firepower. Maybe they should also make some kind of "Earth mothership", a space equivalent to an aircraft carrier, holding fleets of 302s and the medium sized ship I thought of above. That is what I'd loved to see, but I know it wont happen. I'd settle for one or two new ships by this season.
      Not only new kinds of ships, but they need to get new weapons.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Earth should get some new ships. I think with the Ori threat and the Wraith the budget for them building ships has to have gone up. They just need better weapons. The weapons work ok ageist the Wraith but not ageist the Ori. I think the Asgard should give of us some of there weapon technoloy. We have saved them how many times after all.
        May the force be with you

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
          You're still limited by trinium mining.
          The Asgard used a trinium-naqadah-carbon alloy in the O'Neill. I'm sure we could do the same and use less trinium.
          Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
          Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
          -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by tommiekins
            When I said the 'gate', I didn't just mean the supergate. I think we should be using the gate system to destroy the ori and their followers, not just ships. But yeah, disconnecting the supergate would be a huge risk, but maybe if the ori really wanted to, they would find a way around it being blocked anyway.
            I think you have a point about their followers and the soldiers and priors but how do we know the Ori themselves are actually here? I mean if the Ori were actually here I'm sure the Ancients would have to take action. Didn't Orlin say that much? If the Ori themselves were here then they would have probably found the weapon by now.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think they should make a carrier class ship (C-305) that not only holds a good amount of 302's but also carries a BC-304 in the same way Hives carry cruisers.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                I think they should make a carrier class ship (C-305) that not only holds a good amount of 302's but also carries a BC-304 in the same way Hives carry cruisers.
                Hmm that could kick some serious butt. Mabey it could be built out of a combination of Lantian and Asgard tech?
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                  The hives don't carry cruisers. There are places the cruiserss latch onto.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                    If ships could make Stargates obsolete, the Ancients would never have built the gate network in the first place.
                    My view is that we can't talk about making either the stargates or
                    the ships obsolete. Each solve different needs.

The stargates are more practical because they are instantaneous.
                    But sometimes you need to go to places where there is no stargate
                    or where the stargate has an iris or is shielded . So you absolutely
                    need a ship ...

The Ancients couldn't have built the stargate network without good
                    ships. They needed to visit (by ship obviously) all those millions(?) of
                    planets and place a stargate on each ...

I don't agree to those who would rather not see ships in the Stargate
                    episodes.

Comment

Working...
                    X