Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the new direction that got me watching. Now I'm interested in the original show. Disappointing to see it go. I think the new turn was good but they only went half way and gave up. They have a great way to go if they work it some more. It was a gamble dressing up the old show then just starting a new one. I kinda think it confuses the audience, some like the new one better some the old and no real committment. I think Browder and Bridges was a great addition with RDA leaving. I think RDA past popularity is holding Ben back, he has the capacity to carry the show just fine, it's just hard to see having the Ori kick their buts so much.

Comment

The Ori do need a real face though. Your hero is always defined by the bad guy and mitchel doesn't have a real head villan to define him. maybe have baal become an ori? The ori need a main face.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
        he has experience and training comparable to sam, daniel, and teal'c? isn't this the guy who hadn't seen the gate before in season 9? i'm not trying to go around in circles here, i'm wondering how you think he has comparable experience when he's never seen the gate and has earned his position better than the people--not just sam, daniel, and teal'c, but every other offworld team member. a major reason people go around in circles is because they state points without explaining why. this is an open thread, i'd like to discuss. repeating points of view gets annoying and boring, that's why we discuss. main reason forums like this exist. and i hate to bug about this, but i still never got a response from you about the ratings and old fans returning. perhaps i'm jus to curious for my own good, but it was an interesting proposition, and i wonder what brought you to it.
        That is like saying guy A has experience in Nam and was a crackpot and excellent soldier but he was wounded and didn't get more experience to some years later. Guy B has expierence in Nam Somalia and Kuawait. More expierence in one field does not mean one person is better than the other. Cam is a seasoned fighter and a season fighter pilot, that was injured in the line of duty. Cam is an excellent soldier and a great leader IMO. He is a natural explorer and a perfect adition to the team.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jdog
          The Ori do need a real face though. Your hero is always defined by the bad guy and mitchel doesn't have a real head villan to define him. maybe have baal become an ori? The ori need a main face.
          Well, now we have Adria. What a face too.

Seriously though, IMO at least, I actually like not seeing the actual Ori. I think the mystery surrounding them actually makes them a somewhat scarier foe.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            Well, now we have Adria. What a face too.

Seriously though, IMO at least, I actually like not seeing the actual Ori. I think the mystery surrounding them actually makes them a somewhat scarier foe.
            I agree. The Doci, orici(Adria), and the Priors not to mention the soldiers give us some idea of what they would be like. I bet they will show themselves in the series finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
              I agree. The Doci, orici(Adria), and the Priors not to mention the soldiers give us some idea of what they would be like. I bet they will show themselves in the series finale.
              I kind of hope not actually. I'd like them to remain mysterious. I'm all for seeing the Doci again though.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                I kind of hope not actually. I'd like them to remain mysterious. I'm all for seeing the Doci again though.
                You don't want to see Adria again?! Shame Shame? Yeah lets let them remain mysterious but at least in the finale have them atleast show themselves power wise. like use their combined strength to blow up a planet or something.

Comment

Working...
                X