Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Earth 'untouched' - is it because Merlin's Weapon is here?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a very good idea to, because even if we couldn't take down those 4 motherships, we could easily kill off the soldiers. I don't even think that Adria with one mothership would be enough. It would be like the Ancients vs. the Wraith.
    http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
    The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
      No, because it is the Ancients homeworld and maybe they are preventing it.
      I thought the same. Earth was Avalon, so maybe the Ancients protect us. It would be a good way to explain, why no Goa'uld Systemlord has returned after the defeat of Ra.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I'll second the response that it's the Ancient drone weapon. You've got to think that the Ancient weapon is going to do some good against the Ori.
        I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

The only other planets that spring to mind that have really large populations are Jonas' world, the world from Space Race and the from the episode where SG1 was brainwashed and forced to work underground.
          Well earths the only one left...those two fell to the Ori in Counterstikes end sequence! so were next on your list of large populations to convert..

I think the main reasons that earth is still untouched is simple fear. Earth is a major intergalactic power, there is no question about it now, with the jaffa gone and Dakara destroyed Earth is the most populated, most respected, most feared and most defended Planet in the galaxy, home to the most advanced human species, it is effectively the captial of MW.
          It is defended by a standing army of nearly a billion, with advanced fighters, warships and the most powerfull planetary defend system in the galaxy (that we know of), to add to all this we are quite possible the one planet that holds enough respect and knowledge to actually beat the ori head on, and to call together all the forces of the Mw under one flag and fight the ori effectively...
          Quite simply the planet earth is left alone because we are only planet that has a chance of fighting the ori and they know it, and to have a chance at such a thing mean we have their respect and that is why earth is safe, for now.

Believe me the last episode in this season, im assuming will be a TLc type battle, has to be, to close off...where the ori attack earth and lose and have to leave the galaxy and regroup...there few option if the series is ending, it the quickest way for closure.

Also let not forget the Asgard, if earth is attacked it not just a supergate, they will not send one ship...if Earth is attacked in force for real by the Ori everyship this galaxy and every other neighbouring one has will be in orbit fighting...i So want to see the Asgard fleet in full, it the one thing weve never seen, a full asgard military armarda fighting it out! Wow that would be good closure for me personally.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Maybe the Sanraal is just in the Antartica under the big red button that says "do not press".

And I think before we run out of drones we might have killed 10 ships including the one Adria is on, that wouldn't be much of a morale boost for Origin eh.

"Come now and accept origin, so you can get your backside handed by the Tau'ri"

Comment

Maybe it's because the Ori actually have some sort of plan and aren't just randomly taking over worlds around the galaxy.

Comment

Why is Earth 'untouched' - is it because Merlin's Weapon is here?
                NO. Because SG-1 was cancelled after 17 scripts were already written.
                I also think that the Galactic Ori Worshipper's Empire could afford a few enclaves in wich Earth is included as well. Sort of keeping your enemies alive: "The Boogeyman is still outhere and trying to harm as" type of propaganda works better than "There is no more evil, now Hallowed are the Ori" type.
                Fear not contentment keeps an empire all together and a necessary "evil" is required to induce that fear.
                School is overrated.

Comment

because earth is infact Unicron

Comment

Because the Ori wants to know what the ultimate question is.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                      Because the Ori wants to know what the ultimate question is.
                      I konw the answer:
                      Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:
                      School is overrated.

Comment

They made Earth one of their homes, but it isn't their homeworld.

Comment

It has nothing to do with Earth being their homeworld. The Ancients haven't exactly been patriots in the past. Also, if Merlin's weapon is here, the Ori shouldn't be afraid. There are no ascended beings on the ships for it to harm... Also, they know the drone weapon is inactive. "The moment you stepped into this galaxy your life became an open book to me."
                          The only logical conclusion is that it is indeed a propoganda tactic, however the Ancients themselves serve as some pretty nice bad guys themselves.

Comment

Earth is probably untouched because Vala is here. Adria is in charge of the Ori incursion in to the Milky Way and as she still has the want to earn her mothers love I doubt she'll think destroying the planet she's on is going to help that cause.

And if the ori were to attack straight off another plot line would be revealed without the relevant backing up, that being the existence of the SGP.

So I guess there is reasons on both the writing and story sides.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Because the Ori lack real strategic thinking and because it's not written in the script?

Logic? What is that?
                              "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                                Knowing our luck though, we'd run out of drones pretty fast. Then we'd really be screwed.
                                Maybe the Odyssey could find the drones, beam them onboard the Odyssey, bring them back to Earth, and beam them into the outpost.
                                Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X