Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you see the way Sam and Jack were looking at each other when Martin mentioned the wedding?

I have a fair guess what that offworld party was

But wasn't there a cake scene in one of the trailers with the gate flashing and 200 on it, did I just miss that or was it never there?

Comment

My first thought was - this is not even happening, I thought that was made obvious by the way Walter changed clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
        ...But wasn't there a cake scene in one of the trailers with the gate flashing and 200 on it, did I just miss that or was it never there?
        Yeah, that's what made me think I had missed a scene in the actual episode.
        sigpic

Comment

Now that I've seen it again it has lots of cameras and almost all of the writers and crew on it..

Comment

my god people.

Look.

The parodies and funny things we saw were all fictional ideas from SG-1 to Martin for the movie.
            The meeting for the movie was an actual event happening in the episode. The gate malfunctioning was also part of the real events of the episode.
            Going through the gate, to a SURPRISE party offworld to comemorate Mitchell's 200th trip was the point of the episode. The funny stuff was just things everyone was coming up with for the movie. It was UNRELATED.

The episode's name was "200," which has a double meaning. It was Mitchell's big 200th time through a gate, and it was also the show's 200th episode.

It makes perfect sense.
            I don't think I can explain any more simpler than that.

(PS: the thing with walter changing clothes instantaneously was just a little funny thing the writers included.)

Comment

How about they were going through the gate to a party about the 200th ep of the show, kind of admitting it's just a show within the show?

Given the tone of the rest of the ep, I thought this was an obvious conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Smashman
                How about they were going through the gate to a party about the 200th ep of the show, kind of admitting it's just a show within the show?

Given the tone of the rest of the ep, I thought this was an obvious conclusion.
                That was my thought too.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                  my god people.

Look.

The parodies and funny things we saw were all fictional ideas from SG-1 to Martin for the movie.
                  The meeting for the movie was an actual event happening in the episode. The gate malfunctioning was also part of the real events of the episode.
                  Going through the gate, to a SURPRISE party offworld to comemorate Mitchell's 200th trip was the point of the episode. The funny stuff was just things everyone was coming up with for the movie. It was UNRELATED.

The episode's name was "200," which has a double meaning. It was Mitchell's big 200th time through a gate, and it was also the show's 200th episode.

It makes perfect sense.

(PS: the thing with walter changing clothes instantaneously was just a little funny thing the writers included.)
                  Sorry...but I completely disagree with your OPINION. Further, I find your condescending tone extremely inappropriate.

And seriously, if the party was about Mitchell getting to walk through 200 puddles, then that's just pathetic. The show really is all about him, isn't it?

Nope. Sorry. I don't buy for a second that they'd set up a massive party to celebrate something so trivial.

I think it's more than likely either about Jack or it's about nothing other than as a silly way to break down the 4th wall and celebrate the show's 200th episode.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

it was mithcell's 200th gate trip, so he got a fun party. They played pin the tail on the donkey.

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Sorry...but I completely disagree with your OPINION. Further, I find your condescending tone extremely inappropriate.

And seriously, if the party was about Mitchell getting to walk through 200 puddles, then that's just pathetic. The show really is all about him, isn't it?

Nope. Sorry. I don't buy for a second that they'd set up a massive party to celebrate something so trivial.

I think it's more than likely either about Jack or it's about nothing other than as a silly way to break down the 4th wall and celebrate the show's 200th episode.
                      I must disagree. I found all that believable and enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                        I must disagree. I found all that believable and enjoyable.
                        What's believable about them setting up a big party to celebrate the factoid that one of their SG team members walked through 200 event horizons? With how many teams and like 4 people on each, you find it believable that they do this with everyone or just Mitchell? 200 missions...maybe. 200 steps through any event horizon? Not likely.

Think of the time and resources they'd have to expend for the party. It's not realistic that they'd do it for something so trivial.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo

It makes perfect sense.

I have to agree with this description as outlined. This was exactly how I saw all of the events in the episode as well.

What made it especially funny to me was the silliness of SG-1 celebrating Mitchell's 200th trip - a completely unimportant event in reality - by holding a party for him. It was such a ludicrous idea, and perfectly fitting for the humorous slant of the show.

Comment

What's believable about them setting up a big party to celebrate the factoid that one of their SG team members walked through 200 event horizons? With how many teams and like 4 people on each, you find it believable that they do this with everyone or just Mitchell? 200 missions...maybe. 200 steps through any event horizon? Not likely.

Think of the time and resources they'd have to expend for the party. It's not realistic that they'd do it for something so trivial.
                            Not true. It was a memorable event which is why Jack was there. Now you don't have to agree it is just an opinion.

Comment

Yes, of course. That's why writing it into the episode was just another joke the writers were having. It works if you don't take any part of the ep so seriously, which the writers obviously didn't.

Comment

The party was for Stargate SG1.

Simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X