Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the episode for the most part. However, I did not like the end at all. I thought it was pointless and the swearing/bleeping was totally uncalled for....swearing is unnecessary anyway.

I think they should have ended it with Marty saying the movie was back on...that would have been perfect! The "interviews" just brought the show down, and I personally thought the end was boring.

~hobbitsrule
    Sam and Jack Forever!
    "With Your love You set me free. Three nails gave me liberty. So I'll sing Your praise. My God, I'll sing Your praise." ~Leeland

Comment

the end was a pisstake of Browder, Shanks and Tapping.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
        I still think "200" was a wonderful celebration of us fans from the actors and TPTB. Some loved it, others hated it. That's always the case anyways, can't please everyone.

I know I sure signed the petition. Emailed Sci-Fi. And I am preparing to write Sci-Fi and give them a piece of my mind as well.
        I agree. I signed but i'm not sure I should email them I mean hell what good will it do? I love this show and am sad it is cancelled but it has had a good run and at least it will end well and not become what happend to Farscape. Hopefully we will get a movie or miniseries. If Copper is confinced the show is not dead I believe him.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

if you would have watched the comentary before SG-1 aired, and the last 5 minutes of it. you would have realized that '200' had no relevence to the season at all. its ment as a ... ... 'comic releaf' ep.

i loved the episode, it was apsolutly hilarioius.
          Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
          (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by ancientaction
            if you would have watched the comentary before SG-1 aired, and the last 5 minutes of it. you would have realized that '200' had no relevence to the season at all. its ment as a ... ... 'comic releaf' ep.

i loved the episode, it was apsolutly hilarioius.

Comment

Come on guys.....when a show reaches as far as SG-1 had been..you gotta let them have a little fun....it's 200th...it's a celebration...

I personally do not like my shows to be so hard-core that everything have to be with the story line and be so serious that every joke is meant to be delivered like a speech....this is what Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis have that many other Sci-Fi shows don't......the 200th ep was meant to be just fun...they've reached that far with good stories....every 100 ep you're allowed to have some fun with the story....it's a milestone...they've been have good quality eps for 10 some years....one ep of jokes and parodies ain't gonna kill you.....

From what I read...the 200th ep had the highest ratings this season and was very successful....Too bad that SCI-FI was too idiot to cancel it.

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

i for one really don't get the insistence on telling other people what to think. if they didn't like it because it didn't advance the plot, why does it matter that it wasn't supposed to? i don't like green cars. yes, i know they're supposed to be green, i just don't like them.
                Originally posted by kaokenx83
                200 was nothing like worm-hole xteme or window, this one was dedicated to the people who have seen all 199 episodes before it.
                i'm not sure exactly what that's supposed to mean, but i agree that 200 wasn't at all like WoO and not much like wormhole. i think even people who haven't seen the last 199 could find it funny, and those that have (several times) could find it unfunny.
                sigpic
                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

I completely disagree with the name of this thread. I thought the 200th episode was amazing well done and plain out hilarious. One of my favorite eposides ever.
                  sigpic
                  Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

I just got around to watching this episode tonight - due to traveling last week and an upper respiratory thing - and I think it was well worth the wait. I laughed so hard that I tried coughing up a lung several times. (The upper respiratory thing, doncha know.)

One of the best things, aside from the Farscape and Wizard of Oz bits, was Carter's comment about tossing away important plot points in the commercials. Does anyone else remember how that completely trashed the ending of "Death Knell" from Season 7?

Lovely nods by the writers to their audience and the importance of science fiction in the words of Isaac Asimov.
                    RDA: "It may be balsa, but it's still wood."

Comment

Episode 200 was only funny if you got the joke and I think you had to have spent a lot of time around stargate messageboards to get the joke otherwise a lot of things flew over your head. There were too many injokes for a minority of people. That's nice an' all but that does not an episode make. It left me as a person who doesn't go spend much time on a stargate messageboard going wtf? I did find some things amusing but the episode in the main was unfunny and stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Tokraed
                        I just got around to watching this episode tonight - due to traveling last week and an upper respiratory thing - and I think it was well worth the wait. I laughed so hard that I tried coughing up a lung several times. (The upper respiratory thing, doncha know.)

One of the best things, aside from the Farscape and Wizard of Oz bits, was Carter's comment about tossing away important plot points in the commercials. Does anyone else remember how that completely trashed the ending of "Death Knell" from Season 7?

Lovely nods by the writers to their audience and the importance of science fiction in the words of Isaac Asimov.
                        Agree 100%!

Comment

I just started watching 200 again for the second time - and have to say - having previously posted that I pretty much hated this episode - it (so far) is much better the second time around. I think I had just set the 'bar' a little to high.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRLeggett
                            I just started watching 200 again for the second time - and have to say - having previously posted that I pretty much hated this episode - it (so far) is much better the second time around. I think I had just set the 'bar' a little to high.
                            I'm glad you're enjoying it a little more this time around. Some of us went into expecting it to be silly and off-the-wall, so we enjoyed it from the get-go. Others were expecting too much probably out of it. I just feel it was a nice "love letter" of sorts from the actors and TPTB to us fans.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRLeggett
                              Yes i am the same. On the second viewing i really enjoyed it and found it quite funny. I think i also set the bar to high on the first viewing...
                              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

For all you people that hate this episode because of continuity, I was just thinking.

Did you all hate Moebius too? That show basically didn't even take place, timeline-wise.
                                Thor: Your mind has been interfaced with the Daniel Jackson.
                                Jack: What?
                                Daniel: What?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X