Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if he was working for the ori, they probably were holding how to gain power through worship from him to get his aid.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Of course, that's assuming that Ba'al was telling the truth. He lied about there been dissention amongst the clones (as evidenced by the planning and obvious cooperation between the Ba'als), so we can't take all of what he says at face value.

What we do know is that Ba'al knows about the Holy Grail. He could have learnt that through reading stolen mission reports via the Trust. What we don't know is whether Ba'al has information that SG-1 doesn't that would help narrow his search.

The true danger of Ba'al now is contained in his statement "a weapon capable of destroying the Ori AND the Ancients". If the Trust does have access to SGC mission reports
      Spoiler:
      and since they grabbed a Sodan cloak, we must assume they do keep up-to-date on affairs
      then Ba'al also knows about Anubis' lab and thus may have a chance at Ascending himself.

At the moment, it's a bit of a long shot but if he can manage to get the Holy Grail, successfully target the Ori and then the Ancients (ideally for him, simultaneously) and kill all of them, and then manage to articificially advance a host to Ascension, he could have all the powers of an Ascended being without any challenge to him. And that's a big problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla
        He could have used it on either the Ori or the Ancients. Basically, taken advantage of the situation and made it worse for everyone else.
        Oh god worse! How can things possibly get worse!
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by YodaMate
          Of course, that's assuming that Ba'al was telling the truth. He lied about there been dissention amongst the clones (as evidenced by the planning and obvious cooperation between the Ba'als), so we can't take all of what he says at face value.

What we do know is that Ba'al knows about the Holy Grail. He could have learnt that through reading stolen mission reports via the Trust. What we don't know is whether Ba'al has information that SG-1 doesn't that would help narrow his search.

The true danger of Ba'al now is contained in his statement "a weapon capable of destroying the Ori AND the Ancients". If the Trust does have access to SGC mission reports
          Spoiler:
          and since they grabbed a Sodan cloak, we must assume they do keep up-to-date on affairs
          then Ba'al also knows about Anubis' lab and thus may have a chance at Ascending himself.

At the moment, it's a bit of a long shot but if he can manage to get the Holy Grail, successfully target the Ori and then the Ancients (ideally for him, simultaneously) and kill all of them, and then manage to articificially advance a host to Ascension, he could have all the powers of an Ascended being without any challenge to him. And that's a big problem.

They don't have that Sodan cloak anymore. It has been recovered. They may have some info from the mission reports, but I doubt they have everything verbatem. And I think they did say that Ba'al had a better idea of where to start to look. I'm suprized he hasn't done the Harsesis thing yet. That would be a big advantage for him if he did. IE: more powers, more knowledge, etc.
          Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
          Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Ya know it's interestng...in Reckoning pt. 2 RepliCarter tells Daniel theres a way to kill Anubis in his mind, so i think it would have SOME effect on him...assuming Merlin's weapon was what she was talking about, which I don't doubt.
            McKay:...ZedPM
            O'Neill: Zed?
            Jackson: He's Canadian
            O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by All hail the USAF
              Ya know it's interestng...in Reckoning pt. 2 RepliCarter tells Daniel theres a way to kill Anubis in his mind, so i think it would have SOME effect on him...assuming Merlin's weapon was what she was talking about, which I don't doubt.
              Well, maybe it would kill only the ascended part, leaving him mortal for us to kill the rest of the way. Possible?

Comment

Well, maybe it would kill only the ascended part, leaving him mortal for us to kill the rest of the way. Possible?
                I don't think he had a ascended and mortal parts. He was just stuck inbetween, so he was not a mix, just different.

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedWarrior
                  I don't think he had a ascended and mortal parts. He was just stuck inbetween, so he was not a mix, just different.
                  It's that "in between" part that is hard to describe. His host was mortal though, so that could be killed. But him, hmmmm, not sure what or how to do that.

Comment

But Oma probably ascended both the host and him so i don't think any part of him was mortal. But i think Anubis is more imortal than the rest of the ascended cause he is not fully ascended. We know there is a weapon to kill ascended beings, but will it kill almost ascended?

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedWarrior
                      But Oma probably ascended both the host and him so i don't think any part of him was mortal. But i think Anubis is more imortal than the rest of the ascended cause he is not fully ascended. We know there is a weapon to kill ascended beings, but will it kill almost ascended?
                      No, he took a mortal host. And it seems like had had to change them often. We saw him do a host change before Daniel attacked him and around the time that Abydos was destroyed. I think it was then.

Comment

No, he took a mortal host. And it seems like had had to change them often. We saw him do a host change before Daniel attacked him and around the time that Abydos was destroyed. I think it was then.
                        Thats only because he didn't have his shield. He couldn't interact with the world without his shield so now he needed hosts.

But the host i though you where talking about at first was the host he had when Oma ascended him the first time, when he was still just a Goa'ould.

I don't think he became mortal just couse he controlled the body of someone.

Comment

Indeed, he was far from mortal whilst controlling human hosts in Season 8. That's a logical explanation for him getting off that ice planet ; he simply left the frozen body and travelled through space until he encountered a ship and hitched a ride.

Comment

ok i know how ba'al found out about the gate adress for the weapon, so if Ba'al knew where to get it, couldnt have anubis have gotten it?

StarGate SG1 Petition numbers:436 & 2460
                            SAVE STARGATE SG1

Comment

Working...
                            X