Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I´m definitly not losing interest in SG-1.

IMO season 10 has so far been better then seasons 5-8 and it seems like it will continue to go strong.

Comment

Loosing Interest watching Sg-1?
      Nope. Nuff said.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by roseblue
        Is anyone loosing interest in watching Stargate Sg-1 anymore since we have new characters? So much in the show has been changing right before our eyes ever since season 9.

I don't feel like I'm watching the true Sg-1 show anymore. It seems aloof from it's SG-1 title.
        I am. I don't like Mitchell or Landry at all, I haven't seen Season Ten yet so it is possible that I might grow to like Vala but not if the sex jokes stay.

I tend to focus more on the characters than the storyline of any show, so unless I like the characters and am interested in them, I lose interest in the show as a whole. I have stopped watching shows when a favourite character left.

While I miss Jack, Hammond and Janet, I still love Sam, Teal'c and Daniel so if it was just the three of them and one new character, I'd still be interested in the show, even if the new character didn't appeal to me and even if the Ori storyline was kept as it was but in Season Nine I found that there was far too much of the characters I disliked for me to enjoy it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Speaking in terms of reality it would be foolish to think that SG1 would never change it would have to heck by this point more than one of its members should have died, Daniel not included, and been replaced. The fact that it happened to me put some life back in the show. I didnt enjoy season 9 near as much as 10 and part of that was becasue Vala was way over the top but wasnt in all the episodes and her humor in season 10 makes up for what we lost with RDA leaving.
          The enemy has spoken

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc
            I'm loosing more interest in SGA, but there are moments in each episode that keeps me coming back. I believe SGA has some redeeming qualities so I'll keep watching it, and of course, I'm too obsessed with SG-1 to quit watching it now.
            Exactly my thoughts (apart from the fact that I started watching SG-1 with Season 9 and have therefore no problems with the change of the cast. )
            I don't really like the directness of Atlantis anymore, but there is still enough left to watch it.
            That's all folks.

Comment

Originally posted by roseblue
              Is anyone loosing interest in watching Stargate Sg-1 anymore since we have new characters? So much in the show has been changing right before our eyes ever since season 9.

I don't feel like I'm watching the true Sg-1 show anymore. It seems aloof from it's SG-1 title.
              Nope, my interest has gotten even higher. I love season 9-10 and love the characters. I haven't really missed RDA though I enjoyed the part he played in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if such fairy tales came true? I went into S9 with an entirely open mind. I really wanted the changes to work, I wanted to like Mitchell...sadly, the appalling way the character was introduced and continues to be written, the awful scripts, the reliance on silly transporters to whisk our heroes out of any hint of danger (the ones on Trek at least broke down occasionally putting our heroes in peril) and a host of other reasons which I'm not going into yet again killed any hope of my enjoying the mess they've made of a once great show.

Change in a show is good. Per se. But the changes have to be logical and flow seamlessly into the show's past. Not clumsy introduced and even more clumsily continued. In a show that once prided itself on its continuity and military accuracy we now have something that shoehorns plot and characters in even when they contradict what's happened in the past and make no sense whatsoever. Where once the writers would work themselves out of a plot hole they've created in an intelligent manner, now they seem to think, "Who cares? They'll never notice.". Well, some of us do notice. And we care that we've lost something of quality that's degenerated into a parody of itself.

So, please accept that not everyone shares your rosey view of the show now and don't insult our intelligence by telling us all we need to do is open our eyes to realise this is just the bestest show ever.

Albion
                Could you be more specific please, you're very vague in your criticism.

Comment

I still love SG1 as much as I always have. Sure its a different show now RDA has gone but the Producers have said we should treat this as Season 2 of the new SG1.
                  Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

I'm losing interest, but it has nothing to do with it not being classic Sg-1. It's more of a the supposed good guys have to win, no matter who, or what they're up against. It just isn't very realistic anymore. It never was, it's sci-fi, but it had a certain believability in the beginning, probably because it was new. There's just too much of this good vs. evil malarkey.

Comment

I started watching the series Stargate SG-1, from the first airing of Children of the Gods. I loved it then, and despite some not so stellar seasons, I continue to watch. Are there things I don't like about it? Yep. However, I still enjoy the show, as a whole, and still love the idea of it.....of a stargate, through which not only our universe, but other universes are simply a step away. As our real world becomes increasingly insane, I'll continue to seek refuge in the other worlds that SG-1 presents to me. Escapism? Sure is, but you try and get off this planet.
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I am. I'm not yet at the point where I actively turn off the TV, but I no longer care if I miss an ep. SG1 is just not as interesting for me anymore.

Comment

Personally, for almost every show I watch, I hate every episode inbetween the start of the season and the end of the season. Mainly because, the 1 off stories don't entertain me; I rather story-arcs.

What annoys me is...
                          Spoiler:

I understand the Ori, as an enemy. I mean, other shows I like such as Buffy and Angel, also have the same format...Bad guy - beat the bad guy - get a new bad guy. In these shows, the bad guys, are always more powerful.

This I understand of the Ori; but "The Scourge" bugs? Please. Replicators again? How are these guys more powerful? Better yet...what genius' were sitting around the table the day they came up with that idea? Same with Atlantis. It's practically it's own show now and they decide to go back to SG-1 history and find a creator for the replicators...in another tv show. Not only that, they also refer to them as Replicators.

Seems the creativity is dropping, yet I'm still compelled to watch. Being the grunt I am I just want large scale battles every episode...which I know I can't have But still, I can't wait for the end of the season when they usually have some big discovery and loads of CG work (drones are teh best).

chem
                          Last edited by Skydiver; 17 August 2006, 10:42 AM.

Comment

During Season 9 I was starting to loose interest...but when Season 10 hit I was hooked again. Haven't been this excited about a season in a while. This season really sparks new life into the whole thing! And by the looks of it, the average tv watcher seems to agree. (of course most people tivo the eps because of the time change...ruining the ratings)

I love all the changes that have been taking place...I haven't been able to predict most of them! It's like almost every episode I'm shocked and in awe of new story twists!

(I don't read spoilers...thus not spoiling the show for me)
                            It feels good to be alive.
                            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by chemicalNova
                              Personally, for almost every show I watch, I hate every episode inbetween the start of the season and the end of the season. Mainly because, the 1 off stories don't entertain me; I rather story-arcs.

What annoys me is...[spoiler]

I understand the Ori, as an enemy. I mean, other shows I like such as Buffy and Angel, also have the same format...Bad guy - beat the bad guy - get a new bad guy. In these shows, the bad guys, are always more powerful.

This I understand of the Ori; but "The Scourge" bugs? Please. Replicators again? How are these guys more powerful? Better yet...what genius' were sitting around the table the day they came up with that idea? Same with Atlantis. It's practically it's own show now and they decide to go back to SG-1 history and find a creator for the replicators...in another tv show. Not only that, they also refer to them as Replicators.[spoiler]

Seems the creativity is dropping, yet I'm still compelled to watch. Being the grunt I am I just want large scale battles every episode...which I know I can't have But still, I can't wait for the end of the season when they usually have some big discovery and loads of CG work (drones are teh best).

chem
                              Oh man, I was sooo psyched when Mckay said they were
                              Spoiler:
                              the replicators.
                              What a total shock!
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 17 August 2006, 10:42 AM.
                              It feels good to be alive.
                              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I am not losing interest. In fact, since Enterprise went off the air, my interest in Stargate has increased. I even have a friend of mine who has some new interest in the franchise.

Comment

Working...
                                X