This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam fisher
    The Speaker of the House would take over as VP.
    No he wouldn't. Hayes would appoint a new VP. SotH only takes over when both Pres and VP are dead or unable to continue their duties.
    Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
    Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
    -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fisher
      The Speaker of the House would take over as VP.
      alright then.. but would he have the title Vice President? because, when Nixon's VP resigned they didn't make Ford the VP nixon chose him to take over when he resigned, if i remember correctly.
      but Ford never got the title of VP

yeah people do take it the comment too seriously.. personally it was a nice chuckler and nothign more.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
        No he wouldn't. Hayes would appoint a new VP. SotH only takes over when both Pres and VP are dead or unable to continue their duties.
        My bad, I was looking at the presidential line of succession.

Comment

Haha, I cought it oo. It was pretty funny

Comment

I heard it and after it was done, i was on my back laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
              yeah people do take it the comment too seriously.. personally it was a nice chuckler and nothign more.
              I totally agree. I heard it, laughed a little, and moved on.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                The man had a Heartattack after one of the pellets got stuck near his heart.I'd call that getting seriously hurt.Please check your facts first.Someone getting shot is not a laughing matter.

Im quite aware of my facts.

His life was never in danger, and he got hit with BIRD shot.

LARGE bird shot is the size of a BB, the small stuff not a lot bigger than large grains of sand.

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
                - Stephen Colbert
                "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

Originally posted by N8ball88
                  I caught that and thought it was very funny!
                  I did too I almost spit my coke out! It was hilarious! Very brave of the writers to do that!
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                    alright then.. but would he have the title Vice President? because, when Nixon's VP resigned they didn't make Ford the VP nixon chose him to take over when he resigned, if i remember correctly.
                    but Ford never got the title of VP

Ford was confirmed as VP by the Congress after Agnew resigned. When Nixon resigned, Ford became president without having been *elected* to either the VP or President position.

As for the current VP reference in the show--my problem was that if referred to a person that doesn't exist in the Stargate world. A few popular culture references are ok--Star Trek, Uma Thurman etc., but they've established a different political world for Stargate. It was just distracting to throw a real political reference in there.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                      Hollywood sees all Republicans as Evil like the Ori and all Democrats as good like the Asgards.Lets not forgot the shrubs comment from Jack.TPTB of SG-1 have made it clear which party they support.SG-1 has enough trouble with the ratings right now without insulting anyone.If TPTB like a good joke they should look at the ratings.Now that's funny.
                      Just goes to show there's more intelligence in Hollywood than most people gives them credit for.
                      It's way too easy to assume that the joke was made only because Cheney's a Republican. Anyone who's stupid enough to shoot a friend in the face, deserves to be made fun of.
                      *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

if you want to have a political debate please do it here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ight=political
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

it added the touch to the episode
                          DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

I did a double-take, 'cause I didn't really catch it.

Then I laughed.

Apparently Hayes' Vice-President likes to hunt quail. . . or lawyer, too.

Comment

Originally posted by DysfunctionalVeteran
                              Neither of those statements are accurate.

no they're accurate

since sg universe and "our" are different that statement doesn't apply to sg universe
                              A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

I disliked the joke for an entirely different reason. Including such jokes dates the program. Earlier in the season, Mitchell made a joke about disliking a movie he had just seen. I forget which movie, but it was a relatively recent one. I was off-put then, and I am off-put now. To be fair, though, this may have something to do with my disliking Mitchell as a character. How would I have reacted if O'Neill said these things? Hmm. But that's a topic for another day.

Building off that movie reference, let me say that SG1 has mentioned scifi shows in the past, but they were pop culture phenomenons like Trek and Wars. That's one thing, but to reference current movies and current news events is inapproptiate. This is scifi, the genre that is about exploring new ideas and marveling the audience with flashy technology, not recycling Jay Leno monologues. The great series last forever. SG1 will last for a long time, and the writers should be mindful of this. When these episodes reach SciFi Mondays or syndication in a few years, will anyone still get these jokes, or will their inclusion prompt head scratching and hamper enjoyment?

Comment

Working...
                                X