Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please your trying to say it was not meant to be Dick Cheney?This is the last I'm going to post on this topic.I did not come hear and insult any political party or politican or fan group.I just want equal treatment in terms of Hollywood and just to be clear I'm not talking about Geography.IMO their was no need to make that comment.A person was seriously hurt and almost Died.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
      Please your trying to say it was not meant to be Dick Cheney?This is the last I'm going to post on this topic.I did not come hear and insult any political party or politican or fan group.I just want equal treatment in terms of Hollywood and just to be clear I'm not talking about Geography.IMO their was no need to make that comment.A person was seriously hurt and almost Died.
      As someone mentioned before, the President himself made a joke about that. The President made jokes about how Vice President shot a man at the White House Correspondents dinner.

Hollywood does not need to treat anything "equally", it's not their job to treat things equally. Hollywood is not run by scientists or journalists. Hollywood never claims to be unbiased. It's Hollywood's job to entertain people and if they can entertain people by making jokes about Clinton being a chubby chaser or the guy who got shot by Cheney apologizing to Cheney then they've done their job.

Comment

Thank You.If we cannot insult the Actors on this forum the same should be true for the politicans.It does not matter if you like the persons politics or not.IMO if the show wants to insult politicans they should insult both sides not just one.This is not crossfire on CNN.TPTB of SG-1 should keep their politics out.
        Oh my God, it was a joke.

And they say republicans have no sense of humor.

EDIT: And of course, the funny thing is that you're chastising TPTB for "bashing" Cheney because
        A person was seriously hurt and almost Died.
        when it was Cheney who made it that way.

Ahhhh...politics, you can't live with it...

Comment

I don't see nothing wrong with the joke. I loved the joke and so did every single person watching it with me. It doesn't matter what party he is in or what side he leans to. He is the VP of the USA and he shot his buddy by accident while hunting. That is why we make fun f him. His buddy didn't press charges and he is fine so there is no harm being done. Now if he died I very seriously dout the joke would have been said. So lighten up people, this is how we make fun of people. By poking at the stupid things one does. Even the President took a couple jabs at it. So if you want to be mad at anyne go after these reporters that thinks its public knowledge disclosing anti-terrorist tactics and ongoing opperations taht save innocent human lives and not fridging on our rights. For one thing a Terrorist doesn't have USA rights so the CIA can do anything they want with there e-mails and tapped phone calls. Be mad at that. not a funny joke.
          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I laughed and I'm a registered republican.
            We're whalers on the moon,
            We carry a harpoon.
            But there ain't no whales
            So we tell tall tales
            And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

i'd be a lot funnier if the VP shot kinsey
              A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by DysfunctionalVeteran
                Metonic -

Hollywood is in California.. Vancouver is in Canada, since when did Vancouver join the states or California join the canucks?
                "Hollywood", in this context, is not only a geographical location; it's a methaphor for the entertainment industry in general.
                Hollywood is more for movies, Vancouver is for TV shows... although they go on TV screens eventually, they arent to be considered the same... TV actors are more down to earth, and less like Tom Cruise or Russel Crow. While movie actors are more like Tom Cruise and Russel Crow and more out of touch with reality...
                Their own diffrent ends of a stick, and their politics arent as clear... nor needed to be discussed...

Her comment was about about that in the SG1 Universe Dick Chaney doesn't exist as the Vice President so either it shouldnt of been mentioned, or they should of named the VP in the show that did it...like maybe a small news report on the tv for 10 seconds saying "Vice President O'niell accidently shot George Hammond today, while bird hunting" and then cut out lol.. oiell and hammond were first to come to mind lol...

She wasn't saying that she didn't know abotu it, just that it shouldnt be known in the SG world... that is a plothole..

Didnt the guy come out an apologize to the VP like a week later? getting shot at and then coming out an apologizing a weak later? I don't think he "Almost" died, he could of died. I mean i feel bad for him for getting shot but even more so for humilating himself by apologizing to the VP. The Guy is perfectly fine...I don't recall hearing a joke while the guy was in the hospital,(but i dont watch alot of tv anymore lol) but on the radio and news they make alot of jokes now... The guy is fine, and now its a joke.. The President made a joke about it... lol

Also... "Hollywood" will never see people as equals, its what ever the writers, and producers say... to make it equal would be to censor it. to remove our freedoms.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I did not catch that comment (at least, it took me a minute to remember, and I'm conservative, maybe not as conservative as some of the others, but still...

I didn't laugh, don't think it was funny, but don't have any issue with other people laughing at it. And as it was said, the show was made in Canada, so...

Personally, I always felt that Hammond was about as conservative as you can get on the show. A texan, born and raised, military general, you get the idea. Landry I get the feeling he's moderate, like the majority of America. He sort of reminds me of that nature uncle, you know, the one that is obsessed with living out in the wilderness, with all the eccentricities that go along with it. I'm basically saying, I pretty much don't see any bias to any party in the show.

Hayes looks a little like Bush, and if he's signing DC-304's into commission, signing on to projects such as Atlantis and whatnot, I think they're showing him to be pretty positive.

I've basically no issue with the politics shown in SG1/Atlantis. They above all have kept political bias out of it. A few cracks here and there is nothing.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

it was just a joke that the audience could relate to, and wasn't meant to be an alusion to something in the stargate universe. That's it.

Comment

A person was seriously hurt and almost Died.

Neither of those statements are accurate.

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
                      - Stephen Colbert
                      "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                        I

Hayes looks a little like Bush...

I think the Hayes character is pretty obviously Bush. The stocking feet on the carpet thing was a clincher. Frankly, I like the character.

Kinsey though...
                        That character seems to have been constructed to fit a literary need, because he doesn't seem to match anyone in politics, at least not since I've been alive.

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
                        - Stephen Colbert
                        "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

Metonic -

Hollywood is more for movies, Vancouver is for TV shows...
                          It's just a metaphor. Don't make it work too hard.

Her comment was about about that in the SG1 Universe Dick Chaney doesn't exist as the Vice President so either it shouldnt of been mentioned...
                          Well, the writers snuck in an anachronism.

I think a lot of people are taking it way too seriously. Well, a few anyway.

- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic

I thought, when a vice president gets knocked out of his seat, they don't do the title changes, but if they did it would goto the next one down the chain which... i actually dont remember, secretary state or war most likely take th position...
                            The Speaker of the House would take over as VP.

Comment

The man had a Heartattack after one of the pellets got stuck near his heart.I'd call that getting seriously hurt.Please check your facts first.Someone getting shot is not a laughing matter.IMO Someone slipping on a banana peel or falling because they are clumsy or saying something silly is funny if no one is hurt.
                              Last edited by ses110; 12 August 2006, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                                Landry I get the feeling he's moderate, like the majority of America. He sort of reminds me of that nature uncle, you know, the one that is obsessed with living out in the wilderness, with all the eccentricities that go along with it. I'm basically saying, I pretty much don't see any bias to any party in the show.
                                Well.. that smile he had after talking about the ducks and mitchell asking to leave, i think he was kidding about duck watching are those ducks he was talking about even real?lol...

Hayes looks a little like Bush, and if he's signing DC-304's into commission, signing on to projects such as Atlantis and whatnot, I think they're showing him to be pretty positive.
                                i think he's suppose to be their version of Bush, and the way he stood upto anubis is probably the way Bush would... i like it..

I've basically no issue with the politics shown in SG1/Atlantis. They above all have kept political bias out of it. A few cracks here and there is nothing.
                                thats exactly what they do...

u kno what comment i didnt get was mitchell's thing while playing poker repeating what he said to General Laundry in the field "Sir Get Down" I was liek... alright why are they saying that he cant be that relaxed thats nothing, thats not even that funny... maybe i missed something lol

but Teal'cs comment at the poker table... I think he said "a good warrior knows when to hold them" and then i when carter won by bluff Mitchell mocked him but i think he said "good warrior knows when to fold them" They sound so similar that i could of miss heard and it be either one both times or opposite of how i heard them...

but if i heard right... then... some ones been listening to kenny rodgers... you know that song where its like "Know when to hold them, know when to fold them" i dont remember the name lol... only songs of his i remember is Buy Me a Rose(its so catchy lol) The Greatest(i like it) Coward of the County(I LOVE IT)
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                                X