Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When are we going to become the Fifth Race?(Unending Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    The Ori & Wraith could beat us right now (if the Wraith could get to Earth that is).
    My point exactly the wraith can't get to us and the Ori would be beat by the combinded drones and Asgard Weapons. Also we have merlins device so we can easily get away with using that.
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
      My point exactly the wraith can't get to us and the Ori would be beat by the combinded drones and Asgard Weapons. Also we have merlins device so we can easily get away with using that.
      I doubt we could beat the Ori. The drones only manages to fight off one Ori ship in the AU, and the Odyssey was struggling with 2 Ori ships at once. Isn't there about 7 Ori ships left in the MW?

Comment

Come on we can build the Asgard Weapons (with that Asgard thing) and the drones would help plus if and when we upgrade the Apollo and the Daduls then were talking about killing off the Ori with out a problem

Unending Spoilers
        Spoiler:
        Plus Carter has like 50 years to figure out Asgard tech
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I think there were 7 after the events of 'The Shroud', so I think we are done to 5 known ships.

Come we can build the Asgard Weapons (with that Asgard thing) and the drones would help plus if and when we upgrade the Apollo and the Daduls then were talking about killing off the Ori with out a problem

Unending Spoilers
          Spoiler:
          Plus Carter has like 50 years to figure out Asgard tech
          Your spoiler doesn't count because it never actually happened at the end of the episode so everything done was undone, including anything learnt. Plus, creating food and items is a long distance from creating powerful weapons. We could probably need to build a bigger Asgard matter device just to properly build upgrades, and that's assuming they would work as effectively without a ZPM

sigpic

Comment

Thor only really said it because they were about to kill themselves and never confirmed it with the Nox seeing as they would have given the tec to the Nox to keep their legacy if they had spoke to them about it.
            So are we really the Fifth race in the eyes of the Nox?

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              I think there were 7 after the events of 'The Shroud', so I think we are done to 5 known ships.
              Actually I think it might be 6:
              Spoiler:

4 came originally, one got destroyed.
              Daniel flew one to the supergate and there was one waiting at the gate.
              after more came through there were 7, but one of the original 4 wasn't there so that makes 8, then 2 were destroyed in Unending.

unless I missed something...

Comment

I doubt they'd want to leave their legacy to the Nox, because they know they wouldn't use it.

Comment

You are right.

At the end of 'The Shroud' you see 7 ships, however there 1 ship from the surviving originals that was not included in the episode, so these final 7 plus that 1 makes 8, leaving 6 after the destruction of 2 in 'Unending'

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/...hroud0614.html

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post

Your spoiler doesn't count because it never actually happened at the end of the episode so everything done was undone, including anything learnt. Plus, creating food and items is a long distance from creating powerful weapons. We could probably need to build a bigger Asgard matter device just to properly build upgrades, and that's assuming they would work as effectively without a ZPM
                    We could build the parts for weapons so that way we don't have to have a biger matter maker. I mean we do have all of there knowledge also I haven't seen the episode so I'm going off of what everyone else had said
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic

Comment

Don't know we never saw the Furlings so they could still be very powerful.

Comment

I have yet to see any of season 10 (I refuse to pay for television) but from what I have read and what I have seen in the previous nine seasons, the Asgard have come to trust us to do what is right with their technology. Also, I would assume, they would want us to look after their interests in the Milky Way, yes the protected planets. I don't think that Thor's Hammer will do much against the invading Ori.

I think they did this in order to preserve the fragile balance of power in our galaxy. Not to enable us to dominate it through the use of their technology, which is something they never did themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Ponytoad View Post
                          Just to confirm.......
                          ALL our little grey buddies kicked the bucket? *sniff*
                          Spoiler:
                          Yes they did =(
                          sine sine cosine sine,
                          three point one four one five nine!
                          Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
                          [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
                          This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

SaberBlade, I agree w/ a lot of what you said, as a matter of fact, I find myself agreeing w/u quite often. Anyway, I think it all depends on how you gauge "power."

Mano-y-mano, yes, for the most part I do believe that we are the most powerful (in the Milky Way). Odyssey against any known MW ship would seem to have an easy win. Even our warriors seem to be the best. Teal'c seems to be the #1 warrior in the whole galaxy, and Carter & 57 y/o O'Neill are up there too. In fair fights, our team probably has 1000+:1 kill ratio w/ the Jaffa. SG-1 has never lost a member in battle w/ the Jaffa, and they've each killed dozens-thousands.

Even w/ these great advancements, I think we're probably the overall weakest superpower in the Universe. If we went public, and had a united Tau'ri fleet, then we'd rank among the Jaffa, Wraith, Ori, and Asurans, but not now. We have 3 ships, which would be mowed down against even a fraction of any of those nation's fleets. IMO, Atlantis itself is our most powerful ship, it just needs a good power source. And I think a single Aurora could take down all 3 Daedalus's w/ relative ease (assuming Apollo & Daedalus don't have the upgrades yet).

That said, I think we have the greatest potential. Our population alone is a great advantage. We're also the 2nd evolution of the Alterans, this implies that humans could eventually surpass the Alteran super-powers phase. We have access to the complete databases of the 2 most advanced races of the Universe, so in time, yes we could be #1. I doubt any SG show will ever bring this to fruition though.
                            sigpic
                            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Spoiler:
                              4 Original Ori ships
                              1 was destroyed, another sent back to the OHG.
                              6 more came.
                              3 followed us to Orilla
                              2 were most likely destroyed when Orilla exploded.
                              2 were destroyed the the Odyssey.
                              That would make 4 Ori ships left in this Galaxy. There are also an unspecified number of ori ships in the home Galaxy that probably came through by now.
                              Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

But we do have the outpost so no one can mess with us. So we can bring the fight to them and we can defend Earth so we are the most powerful race. The Jaffa's Ha'taks would be destroyed in one shot by our ships now

Who cares about the outpost, somebody can just drag a gate to our sun and blow the entire solar system up..

Comment

Working...
                                X