X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Descent
    Alright, fresh start.

Pros
    1. I feel like this season has struck the right mood and emotions so far as to the invasion

2. Valas not just *poof* a member of SG-1, actually shes still not an actual member

3. Were getting no help from anyone luckily

Cons

1. So far, some of Vala's humor has been forced and overplayed

2. We need to find a weapon...to defeat our enemies....again...

3. So far, old characters like Bra'tac are simply not that interesting anymore

There, thats all I could come up with right now.
    I agree on all counts.

Fortunately, for me, the way I feel about the good has outweighed the way I feel about the bad so I haven't gotten too irritated. But I think you've made solid points on both sides.

Eh, yeah, forced humor but I liked Vala best in Flesh & Blood. It gave her a little grounding yet we still got to see some appropriately displayed humor along with some shifting emtions when it came to dealing with Tomin and Adria. Some of the other, while I chuckled, didn't feel quite right (except the elevator scene in Morpheus--I did like that part quite a bit).

Yeah, Bra'tac's a bit dull but I always thought he was a bit of a stiff.

And bad guys and needing a weapon. Yeah...what are we doing to do about that

Comment

I will repost in this new areana

I would have to say that I am a predominantly PRO anything person to begin with. I like to take the *Wait and See* approach to anything in life and make my judgements based on what I actually see instead of what I think may occur. That being said....

I have been pleasently surprised with Season 10 so far. I had no worries that the characters would change drastically nor did I worry that the StaGate (aka Big Round Shiny Spinny Thing) would disappear. I was however, concerned that TPTB would continue the along the same trend they had begun in Season 9 of writing as if they were teenage Boys with a new video camera and they could show all of their pubescent fantasies out on YOUTUBE.

Season 10 has so far seemed to be making an attempt to come back to some of the more *traditional* StarGate stories and action that drew me to it in the first place. SO I am extremely hopeful that that will continue. What I have seen so far motivates me to *Wait and See*
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

So far, I've loved Season 10. We've made it through 4 episodes, and I've thoroughly enjoyed all of them. Especially "The Pegasus Project". That one went immediately into my Top 15 All-Time Favorite SG-1 Episodes. Keep up the good work PTB, and we will get a Season 11.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm firmly on the PRO side for these reasons:

A) The writing is good from my perspective as a science fiction writer. I'm picky and usually able to predict where the plot line will be going in the next ten minutes of whatever I'm watching. This is not true of SG-1!

The reason I believe people are saying things are getting repetitive is that the show has been running so long. I hate to quote this, because I don't like to admit it's true, but "there are no new plots." Everything is rehashing something. However, the writers aren't factory-pressing the plots out. They're tailoring them with just the right touch.

B) The villians are great and the Ori now have a figurehead we can love to hate (they were a little too impersonal in season 9). Granted, we haven't seen much of her, but I really like the actress they've chosen for her adult form (Morena Baccarin).

C) Vala is the only person I've ever seen get under Wolsey's skin! That was so funny (10x02).

D) Daniel got to go to Atlantis! I've been wanting to see that since season 8, because he wanted it sooo bad.

E) These baddies are far more powerful than any villian I've seen in any sci-fi show. They completely out-class everything else: giant stargates, nearly invulnerable ships, super-powerful followers (priors and Adria). TPTB really know the true purpose of Deus Ex Machina: it works best on the side of the bad guys.

F) Our main characters have their underdog status back. I missed that in season 8.

G) I like the new characters. It's a healthy sign for a show to change actors eventually. We're even past their new-ness. Mitchell has some experience under his belt and Vala never really seemed like the new-girl to me. She just kind of fits in, except when her alien-ness gets in the way (cultural references).

H) I keep going "Holy crap!" and "Eeeee!" out of worry for the main characters.

I) They met my explosion quota in the first episode of the season.

There are a few things I don't like about the season, however:

A) Daniel and Vala are getting along too well. I want her to torment him more. I really liked the stressed-out relationship they had when they were joined at the hip. That was REALLY funny. But, I guess that wasn't stable enough to last forever...

B) 'Flesh and Blood' left me wanting a little more. I wanted them to contiue where they left off, in the middle of the battle. I wanted things to start out with at least a minute of ship battling. Instead, they flash-backed on it. It went straight from "Holy crap!" to "Oh, the battles over." The word is anti-climactic.

I knew they were going to lose, but I wanted the level of feeling/worry to drop gradually rather than all at once. I understand the plot device they were using there, but it just didn't work for me.

On the other hand, the battle at Chulak was good.

I gave the episode an 8 on the gateworld poll. I would have given it a 10 if they'd done it they way I hoped it would be.
          Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

so far i liked season 10 cant what for ep. 200. i think this is a pro!

Comment

Working...
            X