X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon_06 View Post
    Cheers to that, man!

The fact that SG-1 is going to movies now makes me think that
    SG-1 is following the same path that Star Trek took.
    After 3 seasons, Star Trek made 6 movies! Will there be a third spin off of
    Stargate soon? I hope so!
    Ah the power of positive thinking. I love it!
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

A future 3rd spinoff or even more stargate SG-1 movies should be great, as long as it doesnt venture away from the series too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Freek View Post
        A future 3rd spinoff or even more stargate SG-1 movies should be great, as long as it doesnt venture away from the series too far.
        Personally, I'd love more SG-1 movies after these first two before moving to a third series. But, we'll just have to see how that all plays out.

I don't see the movies venturing away from the series much, as long as TPTB are still a part of things. I think they will be amazing.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm kind of disappointed that the SG-1 movies won't
          be "big-budget" movies like the Star Trek movies were.

However, I hope that the movies have a running time of
          at least 120 minutes. (2 hours).
          sigpic

Comment

Well they are big budget b/c Startrek has a much bigger following and were actual theatrical movies. But they will be great nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              Well they are big budget b/c Startrek has a much bigger following and were actual theatrical movies. But they will be great nonetheless.
              Yep, always good to stay optimistic.
              sigpic

Comment

Come on, we already know that TPTB can work miracles with the money they're given. I'm sure these two movies will look great.

I'm sure they'll at least be about that long. I see no reason why not.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Come on, we already know that TPTB can work miracles with the money they're given. I'm sure these two movies will look great.

Agreed they can work miracles! I bet they will at least be that long too.

Comment

You're right! They did a spectacular job with Atlantis' "Rising", so we'll just have to wait and see how good the movies really are!

I'll green you for your sense of optimism.
                    sigpic

Comment

You're right! They did a spectacular job with Atlantis' "Rising", so we'll just have to wait and see how good the movies really are!

I'll green you for your sense of optimism.
                      Hmmm, I though Rising was good, but not great (not bad for a pilot episode, not hugely fond of Children of the Gods either)..... PLEASE don't shoot me for saying that! *ducks and covers like Rodney*

But I have high hopes for these movies, especially the one that will conclude the Ori story- I'm still on the fence regarding the time travel one, to be quite honest, I'm not really sure what they intend to accomplish with another time travel story in SG-1, unless it's the set-up for a spin-off. But I'll definitly reserve my judgement for both films until after I've seen them.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                        Hmmm, I though Rising was good, but not great (not bad for a pilot episode, not hugely fond of Children of the Gods either)..... PLEASE don't shoot me for saying that! *ducks and covers like Rodney*

But I have high hopes for these movies, especially the one that will conclude the Ori story- I'm still on the fence regarding the time travel one, to be quite honest, I'm not really sure what they intend to accomplish with another time travel story in SG-1, unless it's the set-up for a spin-off. But I'll definitly reserve my judgement for both films until after I've seen them.
                        Rising was good! My dad and I loved it!

I hope that there are tricks and "high-budget" features in the movies
                        that we don't see in the episodes. Maybe a few Army or military helicopters
                        will make an appearance? Or some Spec-Ops teams? How about a
                        scene where an Ori ship's shields are lowered and the Odyssey
                        rams into the Ori ship like in "STAR TREK: NEMESIS"? That I would
                        love to see!
                        sigpic

Comment

Rising was good! My dad and I loved it!

I hope that there are tricks and "high-budget" features in the movies
                          that we don't see in the episodes. Maybe a few Army or military helicopters
                          will make an appearance? Or some Spec-Ops teams? How about a
                          scene where an Ori ship's shields are lowered and the Odyssey
                          rams into the Ori ship like in "STAR TREK: NEMESIS"? That I would
                          love to see!
                          I'm sure that TPTB will throw in a few things we don't normally get to see on the show if at all possible. I really have a lot of faith in them on doing these two movies the right way.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            Agree. "Rising" was OK. "Children of the Gods"... I don't even remember this one.
                            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
                              Agree. "Rising" was OK. "Children of the Gods"... I don't even remember this one.
                              Children of the gods is the episode where Skarra is taken as a Goa'uld
                              and SG-1 begins its journey!
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm sure that TPTB will throw in a few things we don't normally get to see on the show if at all possible. I really have a lot of faith in them on doing these two movies the right way.
                                When have they ever not done something right? IMO never!

Comment

Working...
                                X