This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farscapefan
    Agree completely. And the truth is that it's the part of American audience who killed Stargate SG-1. So they really don't need it.
    Um... I'm American, and I watch every show first time round. Don't say I killed it. Stargate could've done better in ratings (although I think the ratings system here really sucks), but it hasn't done badly, for being on cable. On the other hand, Sci-Fi channel could've done a better job of advertising the show, which they've done very little of. I've watched commercials for TV shows that weren't even on the network I was watching at the time, and I don't recall Sci-Fi ever doing that. Not to mention the fact that some fans have stopped watching for various excuses (pickiness in my opinion). 'I' am not one of them though. I've stuck with SG-1 through thick and thin. I'm not one to walk away because I didn't like the direction the show went, or whatever reason. I'm here to stay.
    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
      Um... I'm American, and I watch every show first time round. Don't say I killed it. Stargate could've done better in ratings (although I think the ratings system here really sucks), but it hasn't done badly, for being on cable. On the other hand, Sci-Fi channel could've done a better job of advertising the show, which they've done very little of. I've watched commercials for TV shows that weren't even on the network I was watching at the time, and I don't recall Sci-Fi ever doing that. Not to mention the fact that some fans have stopped watching for various excuses (pickiness in my opinion). 'I' am not one of them though. I've stuck with SG-1 through thick and thin. I'm not one to walk away because I didn't like the direction the show went, or whatever reason. I'm here to stay.
      I didn't say that YOU killed it. But part of American audience unfortunately did, you can't deny it.
      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I agree with many post on that sci-fi tends to appeal to the lowest common
        something. It has always seemed to be the horror channel with a little
        sci-fi sprinkled in. But one thing cannot be refuted sg-1 made sci-fi what it is.
        I came late to the stargate party I was a star trek snob. But I am glad I was able to enjoy the show with it's humor and insights. I believe some of the humor was lost in 9 and early 10 but man they hit the mark with "Pegasus project" . Now is not the time to pull the plug. I have heard lots about declines in ratings and the show being old that is a lot of malarkey. The Simpson's is going on twenty and Cheers took three years to hit it's mark.I feel
        that Sci-fi is the face of this fiasco but the "man behind the screen" here is NBC which has a knack for killing good show and diluting great ones. Regardless of the problems Stargate may have right now it is still head and shoulders above almost everything on TV. All the other channels seem to be making forays into the sci-fi field maybe sci-fi channel should take notice .After all sci-fi movies and TV shows have been the most successful
        money makers of all time. Sorry for this rambling post my point is don't cancel
        sg-1, Atlantis will not survive without it, and BSG will not do as well. Perhaps for the sake of good art and entertainment MGM and Sci-fi should bite the bullet and not worry so much about money. Thanks to all who read and care

Comment

Originally posted by tommiekins
          Uh, scifi are complete and utter [insert rude word of your choosing], I can't believe that, just because they don't want someone to go and say "woohoo, look at us, we have the 300th episode of SG1!!!!"

Uh this is so unfair.

I say split it between the channels that want it elsewhere in the world, I think I should convince sky one to give them some money *hmmmmmm*
          Now there's an idea- what if Sky and CanWest (Global) split it, surely there would be enough $$$ between them to fund the show. CanWest has done Sci-fi in the past (Andromeda, Relic Hunter, Mutant X- I think).....okay, they don't have the best record for funding quality shows, but they can start.....And the Global offshoot station does show Stargate (granted only season six over and over and over.....since that seems to be the only season they bought).

I would have said CHUM (who now aren't really CHUM since BellMedia bought them), who now have the $$$, but aside from the fact that SPACE is a CHUM network, they've never made a Sci-fi show.....all their attention seems to go to Much Music reality crap.....

But I like this partnership idea tommiekins.

Comment

I didn't say that YOU killed it. But part of American audience unfortunately did, you can't deny it.
            As much as I'd love to deny it I cant. This show had a great run but some people cant except change. Oh well the series will end well and then I hope we get a miniseries.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
              As much as I'd love to deny it I cant. This show had a great run but some people cant except change. Oh well the series will end well and then I hope we get a miniseries.
              Yes, Season 10 will end well IMO. TPTB would have it no other way. And I really think our chances of at least getting a mini-series out of this are pretty good.

This is one American fan who has stuck by SG-1 for ten years. And I'll be there until the very end, enjoying every single moment of it.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                Yes, Season 10 will end well IMO. TPTB would have it no other way. And I really think our chances of at least getting a mini-series out of this are pretty good.

This is one American fan who has stuck by SG-1 for ten years. And I'll be there until the very end, enjoying every single moment of it.
                And I'll be right behind you!

Comment

And I'll be right behind you!
                  I didn't doubt that for a second, Mitchell.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Fingers crossed! Can't GREEN you at the moment, must spread some around.

Comment

Remind me to GREEN you later

Comment

Fingers crossed! Can't GREEN you at the moment, must spread some around.
                        Fingers and toes crossed on this end!

Comment

I don't even think we have to depend on luck for SG-1 to continue in some way. MGM and TPTB know it is still a popular show. People still love the characters. I have no doubt they'll find some outlet for the storytelling to continue. It may not be 20 hours worth of viewing, but it will be something. And I think it will be great.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I don't even think we have to depend on luck for SG-1 to continue in some way. MGM and TPTB know it is still a popular show. People still love the characters. I have no doubt they'll find some outlet for the storytelling to continue. It may not be 20 hours worth of viewing, but it will be something. And I think it will be great.
                            If we have anything to worry about it's the suits at Scifi. Hopefully they are not compleatly stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                              Now there's an idea- what if Sky and CanWest (Global) split it, surely there would be enough $$$ between them to fund the show. CanWest has done Sci-fi in the past (Andromeda, Relic Hunter, Mutant X- I think).....okay, they don't have the best record for funding quality shows, but they can start.....And the Global offshoot station does show Stargate (granted only season six over and over and over.....since that seems to be the only season they bought).

I would have said CHUM (who now aren't really CHUM since BellMedia bought them), who now have the $$$, but aside from the fact that SPACE is a CHUM network, they've never made a Sci-fi show.....all their attention seems to go to Much Music reality crap.....

But I like this partnership idea tommiekins.
                              I do too, it'd be great. Unfortunately I don't know anyone that works at Sky One to get a word in and I can't find Sky one ratings anywhere. But ah well, it is very very popular over here, and I read somewhere they offered money to keep angel going but it was rejected, so maybe that money could go for SG1.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

cmon guys...u cant just give in...we have to keep petitioning for 2 more seasons!! just because those sci fi guys can only count by fives doesnt mean that we should stop teaching them the meaning of singles

Comment

Working...
                                X