This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IrishPisano
    i think the question we all need to start focusing on is, what will happen if we find the weapon, learn how to use it, and discover that it can destroy the ancients as well as the ori? we will obviously use it to destroy the ori, and i'm assuming that SG1 will refuse to use it against the ancients, but will the ancients feel threatened by us bc we destroyed the Ori and are now their biggest threat?

since they know we're willing to use it, will they step in and 1. prevent us from finding it in the first place, or 2. step in and go to war with us to keep us from using it against them?
    interesting points. Also how does one use the weapon to target specific Ascended populations?

Comment

Originally posted by principia
      interesting points. Also how does one use the weapon to target specific Ascended populations?
      like any weapon, point and shoot at your target.

i don't think merlin would create a weapon that would destroy ALL ascended beings at once with no other options... i mean what would be the point of that?

i'm hoping its more along the lines of a galactic size anti replicator gun.
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

like any weapon, point and shoot at your target.

i don't think merlin would create a weapon that would destroy ALL ascended beings at once with no other options... i mean what would be the point of that?

i'm hoping its more along the lines of a galactic size anti replicator gun.

so where do you point and shoot when you're discussing extradimensional ascended planes?

Comment

Yes, I don't get that either. Supposedly ascended beings have control of their own individual galaxies, but they exist in another dimension, so how does the weapon work on one, and not the other? Daniel doesn't need that information, I have a feeling that the Ori will close that SuperGate, if and when they ever find the weapon. I doubt their just going to allow themselves to be destroyed, without inflicting heavy casualties, I'm talking billions, or retreating before the weapon can effect them. He can't go to the Ori galaxy now, nothing can be done without the weapon, in a short time, probably through Adria, they will fix the gate problem, and send more ships.

Comment

Originally posted by principia
            so where do you point and shoot when you're discussing extradimensional ascended planes?
            1. i don't know, ask merlin.

2. who said the weapon has to function EXACTLY like a normal tauri weapon? it could do any one of a number of things, make the weilder ascend with the weapon... provide a sight that allows you to see ascended beings from where you are... or you type the being's name into the DOS prompt, hit enter, and if you make it through the first 12 levels of Snake in QBASIC, you get the chance to play, for keeps, against an ascended being....... and each time you win, that being dies.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
            Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
            Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

1. i don't know, ask merlin.

2. who said the weapon has to function EXACTLY like a normal tauri weapon? it could do any one of a number of things, make the weilder ascend with the weapon... provide a sight that allows you to see ascended beings from where you are... or you type the being's name into the DOS prompt, hit enter, and if you make it through the first 12 levels of Snake in QBASIC, you get the chance to play, for keeps, against an ascended being....... and each time you win, that being dies.
              funny

Comment

It would be an interesting storyline if the good Ancients were asked to give up their ascension so that the weapon could be used to destroy the Ori. That or suffer the same fate as the Ori.
                "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

In A Whacked Out Play Of Events, Perhaps Each Ori Is Connected To An Ancient (like a good half/bad half split). Merlin Developed A Weapon But Could Not Complete It So It's Unknown If The Ancients Would Be Wiped Out When The Ori Are Wiped Out. Would The Ancients Accept Their Deaths As A Casualty Of War To Save The Universe?

Also, Just Brainstorming, Perhaps Daniel Jackson Agrees To Become A Prior, With His Mind And Actions Still In Tact. The Perfect Spy ... Daniel Is Willing To Die For The Betterment Of The Universe Because The Ancients Won't Help Us. Daniel Becomes Prior-itized To Save The Universe.
                  813Way Entertainment
                  Dustin Runnels - Goldust Fan Page

Comment

i want to know what happened to merlin, did he die? or ascend again? or is he still out there in stasis or something?
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I would have asked about the Furlings.
                      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

i would have exclaimed "HORAY FOR THE ANCIENT FORM OF GOOGLE" then asked for the locations of all their strong holds and bases and all their war ships and their last known location. or a ship yard, that would own everything
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                        X