Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are we attacking the Ori ships in space?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talyn2k1
    I`m sure they will eventually but if you do enough damage it will disable the ship for a time.
    Also we don`t know how many spare parts the Ori ships carry. If we destroyed the main engine modules they might have no way of replacing them without building an entirely new unit (or parts of it). Either way, this would take alot of time.

A temporary advantage is better than no advantage at all.
    yes good plan, but we don't know shere the engine is. we don't know where the ring transport are beaming to.

and I think TPTB will never fully declaw the Ori. They might something like the ANti-prior weapon, but on a larger-scale; something that works, but not all the time.

Comment

Remember, Mitchell said that if the prior tried to deactivate the Mk9, it would detonate immediately.
      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn
        Remember, Mitchell said that if the prior tried to deactivate the Mk9, it would detonate immediately.
        Yes, but I'm talking about having the Mark 9 not appear at all.

They ring it over to the Ori ship, but the Priors (or whatever) stops the bomb from materializing on the ring platform. No fuss, no muss.

Comment

Or affect it on some other level, such as freezing time for it so that it can't detonate or inhibiting the fission reaction or preventing the explosives from going all, any of which could probably be done without touching it, giving their people time to destroy it.

Which is why I say send it over with an anti-prior device to buy the time for it to detonate.

Comment

well onemight guess the shields deactivate any bombs or devices that might try and sneak onto the ship however once the shields are downnn ie when the shipis on land. they can try beaming bombs and ringing bombs down inside theship while dummy ships are keeping the other ori ship that might or might not be watching over it busy. one of the automatic bombs would have towork either thru the rings or the beaming

Comment

ok hold on - can i just say that the battle between our allies and the ori was crap mainly because we did not have enough ships - how about more asgard ships? aren't they meant to be more powerful? i mean come on in the episode i only saw one asgard ship whats that about?

Comment

Uh...they're rebuilding their empire?

Comment

the asgard have an empire? i've watched stargate sg1 from the beginning and didn't realise this - r the ori invading their galaxy too? i'm british - havent seen season 10 yet

Comment

Londo: "Yes, your ships are very impressive in the air, or in space, but at this moment, they are on the ground."

Morden: "Right. They're on the ground. But they can sense an approaching ship miles away. So what're you gonna do, Mollari, huh? Blow up the island?"

Londo: "Actually… now that you mention it…"

Comment

How about a little alteration?

Mitchell: "Yes, your ships are very impressive in the air, or in space, but at this moment, they are on the ground."

Prior: "Right. They're on the ground. But they can sense an approaching ship miles away. So what're you gonna do, unbeliever, huh? Have a bomb magically appear on our ship from a white beam of light or something?

Mitchell: Actually, look behind you

Comment

Originally posted by tommo7
                        the asgard have an empire? i've watched stargate sg1 from the beginning and didn't realise this - r the ori invading their galaxy too? i'm british - havent seen season 10 yet
                        Well...the Asgard has always had an empire/Federation/government group/union, whatever.

Comment

Working...
                        X