Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destroying the super gate (spoilers for s10)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant magnets.

Comment

Destroying it is strategically inadvisable now. For the obvious reason, that if it's destroyed, the Ori will simply make a new one. Might slow them down in entering the Milkyway, yes! But the time while allied forces tried to relocate the new gate, and the potential for unknown forces to enter onto the theater without the Alliance being aware of it is dangeous. Best to know where it is and know what's coming through it, then not now where it is and not know whats coming through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Homeslice55
        I am not sure if these possiblities have been explain on show or disuccsed in anyother forum, but, couldn't:

1. The Asguard just beam the super gate into a Star??

2. A ship tow the super gate into a star??

3. Make a big enough explosion to make the wormhole jump to a different gate??

Maybe?
        1. the plasma and all magnetic fields, radiation and what not in the sun would make it impossible to get a lock at a coordiate in the sun and the super gate has a jamming thing.

2. if what a singularity has been explained to me corectly, then there is a small art of space there that is a black hole a weak one but thats the power source, and the gate proabably is caught in the gravitational field.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

How about:

4. They drag a big-ass asteroid into the middle of the gate, effectively burying it.

Comment

i say create a large energy field likea atlantis's iris or when the segments are coming out beam them away so the gate wont form.
            sigpic

Comment

I know how about if they use the puddle jumper from Mobius (S8 finale) and then dial out to the black hole planet or something.
              Or couldnt they make a massive Iris of some sort to cover it ???
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

shoot the s-gate three times with a zatgun

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

the asgards do have a type of tractor beam or another tractoring ability, in first prometheus flight they instantly towed it to our planet...

Comment

Use an Asgard ship and tow it into a sun.

Comment

Is it even possible to jam the frequency and thus making imposible for the Ori to dial it?
                      School is overrated.

Comment

why not just use a time dialation device similar to Unnatural Selection and once the Ori Ships arrive, they are stuck in the field for what would seem like hundreds of years, back in the Ori Galaxy, nothing would seem wrong, but the ships just wouldnt get very far once they got to the Milky Way Galaxy.

Of course, the Ori being the unfair players they are would probably warn the Priors or something...

Comment

Yeah, I think the Priors are plugged into the Ori superconciousness. They know everything the priors know. Sure, time dialating the Supergate would make a really cool bottleneck, and opens the possibilities of great storylines, but I have to believe the Ori would have a countermeasure available... Possibly...

Comment

Originally posted by hooliocah
                            why not just use a time dialation device similar to Unnatural Selection and once the Ori Ships arrive, they are stuck in the field for what would seem like hundreds of years, back in the Ori Galaxy, nothing would seem wrong, but the ships just wouldnt get very far once they got to the Milky Way Galaxy.

Of course, the Ori being the unfair players they are would probably warn the Priors or something...
                            Cool idea. It would open up a lot of storylines.

Comment

atlantis like iris shield powered by the singualrity. done, until the ori make another one.
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

That sounds problamatic at best, you're not taking into account Stargate Mechanics that we know about from the standard gates. Two Supergates in the same galaxy would be not unlike two Stargates on a single planet/solar system. I suppose it is entirely possible that they could construct a second Supergate.

The question is exactly how the 8 symbol addresses work. We know that the first 6 symbols represent a coordinate set within the dialing galaxy. The 7th introduces a new distance modifier, and the 8th is the point of origin. That said, it's not so much dialing a diffferent galaxy's neighborhood. It's like using your own neighborhood to plot and then project the outbound wormhole. Because all the constellations / coordinates being used for the 8 symbol address are local...

Prior to the appearance of the Ori, it seemed that the Stargate networks on the Intra-Galactic level is, completely contigious. Meaning any stargate can dial any other stargate within it's home network. However on the inter-galactic appeared to route through a central hub stargate within specified galaxies. Those hubs appeared to be as follows, Milkyway - Earth, Ida - Othalla, Pegasus - Lantea. I was under the impression based upon the Atlantis episode of "Home," that the specific gates that served as hubs were specifically configured to be such. As Rodney had to remove the control crystals from the Atlantis gate, that allowed inter-galactic connections, in order to take them to the mist world and use the atmospheric mist lifeform energy to dial an inter-galactic address.

But after watching SG-1 season 9, it seems that the Ori seem to be able to select the specific gates within external gate networks. I'm at a complete loss... We know that the original Stargate Technology originated in the Ori homegalaxy, or we can assume anyways. So... Does that mean that the Ori have a greater understanding of the gate networks? Even though the Ori became the fanatical religious zealot figures, while the Alterans / Ancients became the super geniuses and technological masterminds.... Which doesn't add up in my mind....

(It doesn't make sense to me that the Ori Technology is superior to Ancient Technology. I do not believe Ascended knowledge bases are all encompassing. But rather a full culmination of all their specific collectives knowledge and understanding. What I mean is, that the Ancients, if they handed down their ascended knowledge and technology to unascended beings, would be knolwedge and technology that the Ancients and their 'collective' sum of their unascended race, had learned. Same applies to the Ori.)

The real question is, can an 8 symbol, or potentially 7 symbol address utilized by Supergates only, distinguish between two different gates within a specified galaxy. At this point in time, based upon the first 8 seasons of SG-1 and 2 seasons of Atlantis, I do not believe they can. However, as of season 9 SG-1, the laws seem to be changing...

Comment

Working...
                                X