X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan
    Show is arleady ruined.
    Couldn't disagree more. IMO, this show has just opened up a whole lot of new possibilities for itself.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This show is in no need of saving. I have been an avid fan of Stargate since "Children of the Gods" premired on Showtime. I love seasons 1-8 and do miss RDA, however I was skeptical when season 9 started but soon fell in love with BB as Cam, I found that he has some of the same wit as RDA but in a different way. I loved CB guest staring in season 9 and I am very happy that she is on full time now. TPTB have brought this show in a new dierection and I for one am very pleased with what they did in season 9 and season 10 is going to rock IMO. Stargate has a lot of life left in it.

Sheppard: Opporation that will most likely end badly is now underway!
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
        This show is in no need of saving. I have been an avid fan of Stargate since "Children of the Gods" premired on Showtime. I love seasons 1-8 and do miss RDA, however I was skeptical when season 9 started but soon fell in love with BB as Cam, I found that he has some of the same wit as RDA but in a different way. I loved CB guest staring in season 9 and I am very happy that she is on full time now. TPTB have brought this show in a new dierection and I for one am very pleased with what they did in season 9 and season 10 is going to rock IMO. Stargate has a lot of life left in it.

Sheppard: Opporation that will most likely end badly is now underway!
        I've been a fan since the beginning too, and I totally agree with you. This show needs no saving. And it does have a lot of potential life left in it.

As for Season 9, I wasn't skeptical at all though, even in the beginning. As a huge fan of Farscape too, I knew Ben and Claudia would do fine jobs in their new roles.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
          I've been a fan since the beginning too, and I totally agree with you. This show needs no saving. And it does have a lot of potential life left in it.

As for Season 9, I wasn't skeptical at all though, even in the beginning. As a huge fan of Farscape too, I knew Ben and Claudia would do fine jobs in their new roles.
          i remember at the beginning last season they did a behind the scenes look and ben and claudia were sitting for an itnerview and CB says" i hope we dont screw up this show also" in a joking manner, they have actually made it a lot better than it was IMHO
          SAVE SG-1
          www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
          Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR
            In the next episode we open with the Ori decending on earth, kicking our asses, and then POOF. Jack wakes up in his cottage bed.

"oh god, had a few to many last night. what a nightmare."

Jack still in command, no more Ori, and we get on with our lives. Just having Jack back could save the show.
            The show doesn't need saving. It's time you move on and stop thinking Jack is the show. He's NOT.
            It feels good to be alive.
            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
              It's time you move on and stop thinking Jack is the show. He's NOT.
              I dont think many people are going to, or are willing to even listen. But i couldnt agree more. Theres only so many times a thing can be funny, Jacks time was up.

I love Cam, and i adore Vala, im hoping for great things from season 10

---
              : I ask you.. what could possibly be in my eye that could explain this?

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                Couldn't disagree more. IMO, this show has just opened up a whole lot of new possibilities for itself.
                i couldnt agree more.. the show has a lot more possibilities for story lines than ever. and with the possibility of actually meeting the furlings, that will only add more yet again
                SAVE SG-1
                www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

In the next episode we open with the Ori decending on earth, kicking our asses, and then POOF. Jack wakes up in his cottage bed.

Jack still in command, no more Ori, and we get on with our lives. Just having Jack back could save the show.
                  Well, I personally am going with the "this universe is just a VR version that Felger made up" theory. If RDA has no desire to come back then we can just have the new base commander ... could even be Landry... ordering Dr Lee to get his az out of the chair so they can let the new guy ... could be mitchell... get some training in before his first offworld mission on SG-6.

Of course the show is ruined is my opinion just as the show is not ruined is other peoples opinion. Just as the dream sequence is a good idea is a persons opinion just as the dream sequence will ruin the show is someones opinion. Just as Feldger is an fool is some peoples opinion.....oh wait...ok that one is fact.... but still everyone has their opinions and the thread starters opinion is just as valid as anyone elses.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by g8tr
                    Wow, it's hard to believe some people think the show is better with Mitchell than O'Neill. It's not O'Neill's absence, it's that Mitchell is supposedly so much better than ALL the charcters we've loved for years. He replaced SAM as team leader. Speaks languages like Daniel. Fights better than Teal'c.... etc.
                    Glad O'Neill will be back a couple of times, but didn't need Mitchell.
                    He speaks lots of languages like Daniel? Huh, funny, I thought that from Swarm we learned he knows Chinese. Didn't realize that translates to knowing jillions of languages. And last time I checked, Teal'c saved Mitchells butt in Arthur's Mantle, not the other way around.

Comment

[QUOTE=g8tr]
                      Originally posted by McDork
                      No matter what you call it, they replaced an established female commander with a man of less qualifacations. Sam should have demanded her command back, but she's been reduced to an also-ran. Being a female veteran, that really irks me.
                      Here's a tissue. This whole "Sam's no longer in charge because she's a woman!" issue is just as laughable as the whole "Sheppard's a male dog because they show him googling women" issue. Sam was in charge when they had a 3-man Sg-1 team. She moved on to what her character would move on to, R&D dealing with Ancient Technology and other fun scientist stuff (I seem to recall she's a scientist first and foremost), and just because she comes back, the militart isn't going to go "Oh, sorry Mitchell, we gave you SG-1 but we're going to take it away from you cuz Sam's back!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva

Here's a tissue. This whole "Sam's no longer in charge because she's a woman!" issue is just as laughable as the whole "Sheppard's a male dog because they show him googling women" issue. Sam was in charge when they had a 3-man Sg-1 team. She moved on to what her character would move on to, R&D dealing with Ancient Technology and other fun scientist stuff (I seem to recall she's a scientist first and foremost), and just because she comes back, the militart isn't going to go "Oh, sorry Mitchell, we gave you SG-1 but we're going to take it away from you cuz Sam's back!"
                        Hey!.. you quoted that statement as me..i resent that! *poke*

---
                        : I ask you.. what could possibly be in my eye that could explain this?

Comment

I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!!!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Lord Shiva]
                            Originally posted by g8tr

she's more qualified. try to debunk that.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I always thought jack was a great character but was no way the reason why I watched the show, I watched it because the stories were and still are great, in sum respects even better.

I'm all for people having different opinions aswell but i just dont see the point in these S9 and above haters bad mouthin sg-1 every chance they get, you dont like it, dont watch it, simple. It's not like the S9 lovers are goin round sayin 'S9 is great' all the time so why bad mouth it all the time? I personally can't stand Teyla on Atlantis but I'm not moaning about it, I just overlook her and enjoy the rest of the show

Comment

I was the ultimate skeptic of season nine before it started- I had just discovered the show and didn't want it to be all different.....who were these new people? Where's Jack? Where are the snake people? Who's this new guy and this new girl? By the end of Origin I was absolutly hooked and had thrown all my pre-conceptions out the window. SG-1 in no way whatsoever needs saving, this new incarantion of the show has made it as strong as it ever has been.

Comment

Working...
                                X