Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree. America is one of the wealthiest, possibly THE wealthiest, I'm not too sure as to the specifics, and it has one of the biggest arsenals of Nukes, but that hardly is an indication of strength, otherwise Bush wouldn't have needed Britain's military for the Iraq invasion.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

A British team member would be great. Why not?

Hey, the SAS are one of the best special forces units in the world, if not the best. The SAS trained most of the other special forces in the world! US Delta Force and the like were all originally based on the SAS. Delta Force's founder served with the SAS for a time, and was so impressed he started a US version. Even the flash bang grenade was designed by Brits for the SAS.

Comment

guys

the topic is ' a brit character for s10', not current world politics

Keep it on topic please
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          guys

Keep it on topic please
          Sorry about that I didnt realize how far off we had strayed.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            guys

Keep it on topic please
            Wilco!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

im all for a brit character, im for any nationality of character as long as they fit in to the story
              SAVE SG-1
              www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
              Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

I think if Britain gets anything this season, it'll be a ship.
                We should be getting something, since we are the US's closest ally, why does it have to be the russians all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet
                  I think if Britain gets anything this season, it'll be a ship.
                  We should be getting something, since we are the US's closest ally, why does it have to be the russians all the time?
                  because they gave the u.s. the DHD so Teal'c didnt die in 48 hours
                  SAVE SG-1
                  www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I'd like to see a SAS team just like there's a US Marine team, they souldn't be a team that explores though, you only really need the SAS when you want to make things die.

Comment

Originally posted by The.Prior.of.The.Ori
                      because they gave the u.s. the DHD so Teal'c didnt die in 48 hours
                      Either that or because the gate is theirs.

Comment

that also. but we did save their asses when they screwed up in watergate. so we could be even
                        SAVE SG-1
                        www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                          I'd like to see a SAS team just like there's a US Marine team, they souldn't be a team that explores though, you only really need the SAS when you want to make things die.
                          Yep. They're the sort that would deal with a situation as seen in "Upgrades" minus the alien tech.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lissa1000
                            It's probably a bad idea to debate who should control the stargate. There are better things to fight about on Gateworld. I thought the idea was to have the best people of all countries working with SGC, anyway. And I can't imagine anyone better than Ewan Mcgregor.
                            YE, exactly. It isn't about having a team from a country but having the best people on the team, and if one is Brit or Can then so be it. If people would stop and realize there is a Canadian on Atlantis's flag team and he is the top scientist. And the top Doctor reprisents his home country and is a Brit. So the top scientisnt isn't American and on the Flag Team and we have a the top doctor tht isn't American and he is afrid to go through the gate because what happend to him the first time he stepped through back in the 40's.
                            SG-1 is a hole other story. That is all USAF with people at the top of there field from multiple countries working on the same goal. HOMEWORLD SECURITY
                            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                              YE, exactly. It isn't about having a team from a country but having the best people on the team, and if one is Brit or Can then so be it. If people would stop and realize there is a Canadian on Atlantis's flag team and he is the top scientist. And the top Doctor reprisents his home country and is a Brit. So the top scientisnt isn't American and on the Flag Team and we have a the top doctor tht isn't American and he is afrid to go through the gate because what happend to him the first time he stepped through back in the 40's.
                              SG-1 is a hole other story. That is all USAF with people at the top of there field from multiple countries working on the same goal. HOMEWORLD SECURITY
                              And for that very reason, with the exception of an SAS team (which makes sense), I haven't put forward a Brit character for SG1 before. It just seemed relevant. It's not a case of wanting my country represented. It just seems to fit.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

i thought carson was suppose to be scottish, not brit?

dont say anything to rodney about hockey though, its a canadian thing
                                SAVE SG-1
                                www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X