Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright good as long as he stays to his "gone in 60 second" kinda role I will be more than happy.
    sigpic

Comment

NOOOOOOOOO. No Brits on SG-1. Not saying it to be rude but it is a USAF position. They run it and operate it and get some funding from peoplethat want to destroy it or use it for nothing but financial gain. (NID, IOA) It just would be right. But I do see your point on why you think you should get your member now. How about a British Archeologist when Daniel goes all Prior on us. I could go for that. And I want the sterotype voice. Just not the snobby I am rich one. The this is just how I talk one.
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Since I bought a multi-regional dvd player just so I could watch UK stuff not available here, I would definitely like to see some Brits on the Stargates. That is, as long as they're good guys. Seshat is right, the British bad guy thing is getting a little old. Unless they get Sean Bean, then I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
          Alright good as long as he stays to his "gone in 60 second" kinda role I will be more than happy.
          umm do you mean the remake of the movie gone in 60 seconds? if so that wasnt CE, that was vinnie jones and for anyone who might be confused, i dont mean the current doctor who with the goofball hair cut, that guy i cant stand.. david tennant, right from the get go when he appeared he was annoying imo
          SAVE SG-1
          www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
          Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Originally posted by lissa1000
            Since I bought a multi-regional dvd player just so I could watch UK stuff not available here, I would definitely like to see some Brits on the Stargates. That is, as long as they're good guys. Seshat is right, the British bad guy thing is getting a little old. Unless they get Sean Bean, then I'm all for it.
            or timothy dalton lol
            SAVE SG-1
            www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

gotta be a Scot!

Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                But this is the thing! I've never had an issue with the lack of Brits in Sg1 for that very reason. But now with the main theme being something so decidedly British, it feels natural for me that there should be a Brit in there.
                I know how you feel. But I'm sure Egyptians would have felt the same way for all the years SG-1 dealt with their mythology. Not that I'm against the idea of having a British officer or team show up occasionally. I'm just not sure if it's really likely to happen.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  I know how you feel. But I'm sure Egyptians would have felt the same way for all the years SG-1 dealt with their mythology. Not that I'm against the idea of having a British officer or team show up occasionally. I'm just not sure if it's really likely to happen.
                  its going to happen sooner or later, with all the other countries knowing about the stargate program, they will all want to control it themselves. i think back to that eppisode with the R-75 bugs and the chinese ambasador saying " maybe they wont have a choice" when it comes to giving up total control. this could be a big change in story line someday, other countries having their own teams or maybe something like the UN controling it.
                  SAVE SG-1
                  www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

The u.s.a will never give up the stargate PERIOD!. Now it is possible that other countries will start to have teams like the russians do but a different country will never have full control.
                    sigpic

Comment

i agree, never total control but those would be some interesting plots if they ever happen
                      SAVE SG-1
                      www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Yes a episode where a different country tries to take control is most likely in the works.
                        sigpic

Comment

a good way for thor to come back into the show if he dosnt already this season
                          SAVE SG-1
                          www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Its disturbing to see how people are viewing the gate as a US assett... what in the world would be wrong with the UN running the show with say... General O'Neill seconded to be head of the UN Homeworld Security and thus STILL in charge of the gate, but answering to the UN council as opposed to The President. Sounds fair. The US are NOT the best country in the world you know.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

not in real life they're not..... well with the way things are...... i have to agree, and im in the u.s. you have a good thoery story there with the UN and O'Neill, maybe that or something close will happen in a season someday
                              on the comment you made of the gate being a us asset, remember russia did that with the dhd, u.s. will do that with the gate, the ace in the hole
                              SAVE SG-1
                              www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                                Its disturbing to see how people are viewing the gate as a US assett... what in the world would be wrong with the UN running the show with say... General O'Neill seconded to be head of the UN Homeworld Security and thus STILL in charge of the gate, but answering to the UN council as opposed to The President. Sounds fair. The US are NOT the best country in the world you know.
                                No but we are the number one power on the earth the UN probably couldn't afford to fund such a project anyways.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X