Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was another galaxy as well I think I would believe it but 6? sounds a bit too many but guess we will have to wait and see when the episodes, or if someone corrects them, to see if it means galaxies or planets.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

It has to be six galaxies, or six star systems, the Ori conquered six planets via the Prior's alone. But, I have to say this, no, I want to, if we find out that the Ancient's created human life in six other galaxies, then their motives can't be purely benevolent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
        I didn't post that, but I doubt that the Ori have enough forces to invade many galaxies at once.
        Sorry Ltcolshepjumper, must have been tired!

I agree with JanusAncient. Ive always thought that the ancients were up to something but i just couldnt figure out what!
        sigpic
        By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
          Uh, Teal'c is captured and tortured again?
          Yup - and it's getting old very quickly (like last season).

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
            It has to be six galaxies, or six star systems, the Ori conquered six planets via the Prior's alone. But, I have to say this, no, I want to, if we find out that the Ancient's created human life in six other galaxies, then their motives can't be purely benevolent.
            I would have to agree with that statement. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Personally, I'm thinking it's six more star systems. If it is galaxies though, we are so royaly screwed.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It has to be Planets, or solar systems. It would not make sence that they just invaded 6 new galaxies, I mean, because they came at our galxy first, and their surpose to be a long long long long ...(5 mins later)... long long long way away! so why would the go straight for our galaxy, and leave all the others in betwen?
              The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
              Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Thought I'd join the galaxy vs. planet debate.

I guess it's just a misprint, and it should say six planets, or star systems, of you will.

Reasons:
                - How should we learn that six more galaxies have been infiltrated? I can only think of Adria giving us this information. But why would she?
                - The word "more" startles me. What's the reference point? Only the Milky Way has been infiltrated so far, and most of S9 focused on how that was done and where that came from. There has been no mention so far how the Ori got to know of the other six galaxies. AFAIK, SG-1 visited other galaxies only a couple of times in their first eight years, and each time it was the Asgard galaxy - The Fifth Race, Small Victories, Unnatural Selection, New Order P2. Then there was the Atlantis expedition to Pegasus. And the Ori galaxy once/twice. Six new galaxies seems a little too much for me. And even more important,
                - how do six more infiltrated galaxies affect us? We are in the MW, so for us it doesn't matter whether all Ori force comes from the Ori galaxy or somewhere else (story-wise). As long as SG-1 can keep the Ori from exerting too much power in the MW, we should be fine.

Feel free to tell me where I got something wrong and what I overlooked to justify "six more galaxies".

Edit: I just read JedI Master of the Gate's post. That would make sense for why they infiltrated a couple more galaxies. But then it shouldn't say "infiltrate", I think. If they just want to get to the MW, building one supergate per galaxy in between should be enough, no infiltrating necessary. And if the Ori found those other galaxies in between full of unbelievers, why would the Doci make such a scene in "Origin"? I'd say they have to find a galaxy of unbelievers first before they can go to these galaxies. My point is, the Ori would have been doing that a long time before they even got to know of the MW, spreading to all galaxies they know. And if they conquer all galaxies between the Ori galaxy and the MW, they have to know of the galaxies first. And if they knew, the MW should no longer be the main focus for them, because the Ori should first conquer the galaxies closest to them.
                Last edited by sgeureka; 07 July 2006, 12:14 AM.
                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  If it is galaxies though, we are so royaly screwed.
                  If it really turns out, that the Ori have invaded, rather infiltrated six different galaxies simultaneously, the best thing for Sg-1 to do, is hide under their seats, because without that Ancient weapon, if it even really exist, there is no way, short of the Ancient's assistance, to defeat the Ori. There is another way, they could've have learned about the Ori, having infiltrated six other galaxies, Vala, or the Asgard. Vala was on one of the ships, that ship could've have stopped in another galaxy first. Think about it, Tomin said that he was about to leave in "Crusade," days or weeks passed, in between "Crusade," and "Camelot." They could've have easily stopped in a neighboring galaxy. The Asgard, they probably know beings all over the universe, they could have easily got a message, from a race they're friendly with.

Comment

1 week to 'Flesh and Blood'!

ONE WEEK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
                      1 week to 'Flesh and Blood'!

ONE WEEK!!!
                      Less than one week now. 6 days and counting!
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Anyone think we'll see some longer space battle sequences with more jaffa ships or will they only send a few and get pwnd by the ori ships?

Best Stargate quote:
                        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

there's only 2 galaxies AFAIK with "good" ascended dudes so ori them selves can go to other galaxies and dispense their ownage without worrying bout the alterans/lantians
                          A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

The Alterans were only hiding our galaxy from the Ori. The Ori would be able to see all other galaxies from their ascended realm.

As for humans being in six other galaxies...

Its possible that the Alterans/Ori seeded life in six other galaxies and we just haven`t been told of it yet.
                            If it was the Alterans then they must have an ulterior motive.
                            The Ori may`ve done it thousands of years ago in order to provide them with an army of worshippers and therefore power. The Ori could`ve been planning their attack on the Alterans for thousands of years and their discovery of our galaxy has just made us and the Alterans aware of their plans a little earlier than the Ori intended.

But it has never been proved, only theorised, that the Ancients were the first evolution of humankind.

Is it not possible that there was another evolution before them? These people could`ve intentionally/unintentionally seeded life in other galaxies before moving on either to a realm even higher than the Ascended (possibly making a stop off in the Ascended realm we know on the way) or they maybe just moved to another part of the universe.

Okay, the evolution theory is sounding flimsier the more I type :-)

Anyone else got any suggestions?
                            Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
                            Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Maybe sometime during the next 2 seasons, we will team up with the other advanced races in the other galaxies being invaded by the ori and launch a counteroffensive against them.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

flawed here's why.

if true then who seed the ori galaxy with humans (ancients way before they left)?

noone seed them, they just evolved from monkeys etc. so it stands to reason that other galaxies the same happened
                                A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Working...
                                X