This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kanten
    I'd prefer that it need to be thrown directly into the Flames of Enlightenment itself, meaning there'd have to be a pretty big assault on Celestis to accomplish that goal. Would make for a pretty nice series finale in my opinion.
    You should just watch Lord of the Rings

No offence, but i'm not a fan of that idea. To me Stargate is all about the underdog, and I know that Lord of the Rings had a huge "against impossible odds" type of story, and I enjoyed it, however that sort of assult just doesn't fit in with what I enjoy about Stargate.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

But wouldn't an all out assault on celestis be really interesting and different, kind of heroes in season seven but way bigger, tonnes of ground forces missiles explosions. you probably think i'm an action junky now but it would be good. and it wouldn't just be a space fight with a few shots and people shaking like something big happened.

and it wouldn't just be earth military there would be tonnes of jaffa.

now i have something to imagine...

and I also agree with YOU Chutzpah, the underdog bit is great and very similar to lord of the rings, but i do recall lots of Allied armies (stargate-earth and jaffa) rising up and fighting the yucky looking things, orcs thats it!

Comment

Two Points and an Idea:

A) The Ori activated the supergate and there's an incomming wormhole. The blackhole WILL maintain the wormhole indefinitely. We cannot simply chuck the thing through and we have no idea where the Ori galaxy is (to fly there). Also, the distance is probably incredibly vast (too far to fly to in a reasonable time).

Even if we knew a stargate address in their galaxy, we probably don't have the power generation ability to establish a connection, let alone sustain it. Possible flaw in logic: the supergate's blackhole might be useable for this purpose.

B) What if the Ori and/or their minions find out about the Sangraal? They'll be after it too; I believe their ultimate goal is to kill the Ancients/Alterans. It is
        the perfect weapon to do the job. (Darn you Merlin! You built something that could kill you and your buddies!)

Idea) SG-1 will come down to a terrible decision: do we destroy the Sangraal, or risk the Ori using it to kill the Ancients. I believe they will decide to destroy it.
        Last edited by ascendedancient42; 21 June 2006, 06:36 AM.
        Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42
          B) What if the Ori and/or their minions find out about the Sangraal? They'll be after it too; I believe their ultimate goal is to kill the Ancients/Alterans. It is
          the perfect weapon to do the job. (Darn you Merlin! You built something that could kill you and your buddies!)
          I am of the opinion that the Ori will definitely find out about the Sangraal, if they don't know about it already. And we will see a serious race on both sides to find and use it first. No matter what, it should be very interesting to watch.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

An assault on Celestis would never work, that's the Ori galaxy, they don't have to play by the rules there. The approaching fleet, will just vanish, or be destroyed, with a single thought, like Chaya, and the Wraith. They'll create the countermeasure, before the weapon is found. They could just get Adria, to make her own Sangraal. Daniel is the Sangraal, wouldn't that be funny. I still think, that the Sangraal, was a part of the hologram, from the episode "Camelot."

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
              You should just watch Lord of the Rings

No offence, but i'm not a fan of that idea. To me Stargate is all about the underdog, and I know that Lord of the Rings had a huge "against impossible odds" type of story, and I enjoyed it, however that sort of assult just doesn't fit in with what I enjoy about Stargate.
              Well, true, it was just something I came up with on the spot. I do think Celestis itself needs to have some part in it all, there needs to be some closure with the Doci and the priors themselves before the Ori threat can really be destroyed. Just sticking the Sangraal somewhere in their galaxy is way too easy and anticlimactic for me.

Comment

Just sticking the Sangraal somewhere in their galaxy is way too easy and anticlimactic for me.
                I agree. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing an assault on Celestis at some point in the future. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, true, it was just something I came up with on the spot. I do think Celestis itself needs to have some part in it all, there needs to be some closure with the Doci and the priors themselves before the Ori threat can really be destroyed. Just sticking the Sangraal somewhere in their galaxy is way too easy and anticlimactic for me.
                  Closure? This has only just begun! I certainly don't want any closure to any evens related to the Ori just yet. Personally, I would be surprised if anything at all is done about the ascended Ori. They fleet of Ori ships is a much bigger concern, and I think season 10 will deal with that.
                  An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                    Closure? This has only just begun! I certainly don't want any closure to any evens related to the Ori just yet. Personally, I would be surprised if anything at all is done about the ascended Ori. They fleet of Ori ships is a much bigger concern, and I think season 10 will deal with that.
                    Well, I meant whenever the time did come to end it, which is hopefully still a good number of years off.

Comment

what if the sangraal is part of a bigger and badder weapon?
                      like the energy sources of it. so there quest wouldn't be over.

and at the very end of the quest. in order to ativacte the weapon

they Need the Noxs, the asgards, the Furlings, Ascended ancient, jack o'nell or some one who has the ancient Gene, and a ZPM from atlantis.

That would be a great Season final. or Stargate Sg1 Seris End.
                      sigpic

I'm the asgard of Cloneing.

Comment

the sangraal really won't effect the ori at this point... with the endless wormhole open now from the ori galaxy there is no way to send the weapon through to the other side...

so the issue now becomes even with a weapon like this there is no way to actually use it...

Comment

True. Although I suppose we could always keep it handy. If the Ori ever decide to attack the Ascended beings in our galaxy and actually win or look like they're about to, we could at least activate it here which would keep them from being able to act directly. Doesn't help with their followers, of course.

Comment

Working...
                          X