No announcement yet.

Season 10 - Promotional Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it took me a minute to realize why Chris Judge looked so odd... he looks like someone ODed him on Botox. NO facial expression whatsoever.

Scifi, please talk to the people who photoshopped these images and tell them we like human beings, not department store mannequins!

Comment

So I haven't seen any threads around here talking about the season 10 promotional photography. What did you think of it? Personally I think that the casual look doesn't work so well for SG-1 as it does for Atlantis. Also, are those new glasses on Danny? Oh yeah, and what's different about Teal'c? Something's weird, but i can't quite put my finger on it.

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/photos.shtml
      Last edited by GeniiPrior111; 13 June 2006, 10:19 AM.
      scifiultraists.0catch.com
      Science Fiction news, reviews, and more

Comment

I'm a Vala fan but the pic in the green shirt has got to go, as well as the dumb pony tail hairdo.

Comment

A little over airbrushed, but overall great! This cast sure does bring the pretty! I think Teal'c looks "different" in the first picture because of the light and the way it is outlining his face. Otherwise, he looks fine. Yeah, I think those are new glasses on Daniel. I like the street clothes, although some in uniform would be nice, too. Basically, I'm happy for new pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by GeniiPrior111
            So I haven't seen any threads around here talking about the season 10 promotional photography. What did you think of it? Personally I think that the casual look doesn't work so well for SG-1 as it does for Atlantis. Also, are those new glasses on Danny? Oh yeah, and what's different about Teal'c? Something's weird, but i can't quite put my finger on it.

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/photos.shtml

The funny thing about the casual look on the two teams is that while you don't think the pictures work as well for SG-1 as Atlantis, you are more likely to see them in casual clothes on the show then you do on Atlantis.

I love these pictures!

I do find it interesting that while Vala is "paired" with Daniel on the show, she is in a promo picture with Cam. It just goes to show that they are trying to play up the Farscape conection to the show. I have to admit that is a pet peeve of mine. It's like Stargate can't survive without Farscape.

Comment

Teal'c's hairline is retreated farther back than in season 9, also his eyes just look oriental to me in that pic

Here's a link to the official S10 Promo pic thread:
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29647
              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by tamrinm
                ...I do find it interesting that while Vala is "paired" with Daniel on the show, she is in a promo picture with Cam. It just goes to show that they are trying to play up the Farscape conection to the show. I have to admit that is a pet peeve of mine. It's like Stargate can't survive without Farscape.
                It could be the FarScape connection or it could be just showcasing the star with the new team member. Hard to tell motivations...

As a FarScape fan, though, I can still understand how you feel. Stargate has prospered for years without a FarScape connection, and while I am thoroughly enjoying a couple of my favorite actors being back at work and in a show I enjoy, I don't think TPTB should emphasize the FS aspect - it has nothing to do with Stargate. Ben and Claudia are actors that want to work on a show they also enjoy and it should all be to the good.

Comment

Ben is also paired with Beau and with Amanda and with MS and CJ together. I don't think it's a FS connection. I think it's a case of putting the lead with various cast members.

Comment

It's way too airbrushed and a bit too GQ for me. CJ's shoes are interesting...but it's the airbrushing that's annoying me. Did everyone have huge zits or something that needed smoothing over? Let's see some skin texture!!

I dunno...I miss the uniforms. They're so...casual. But the pics are pretty cool, nonetheless. But really...go easy on the soften brush, geez.
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

looks like a serious OD of airbrushing to me...
                      sigpic
                      http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                      http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

I dont rele care for these promo pics. totally different direction to wot i wuldve liked to of seen. I wuldve gone for a shot lookin down at an angle at our new 5 person sg-1 team infront of the sgc gate with landry a couple of feet infront of them. Its supposed to be a promo pic for stargate not a group of ppl in a warehouse. I rele liked last years promos actually looked like theyd made the effort but this year nah looks like the just gathered them together quickly for a few snaps. Also CJ's right arm looks dodgy but i cant figure out why.

Comment

Well I don't claim to be an expert with Photoshop. I'm still learning about lighting and composition ect, but even I can look at these photos and know that something was not done correctly. Is it just me or does Ben look like he's about to leap off the page in the team photo with Claudia? It doesn't even look as if he was there when the photo was taken. It's like they tried to add him in later and they didn't even adjust the size of his body correctly. And I feel really sorry for CJ, because they have photoshopped him to death over the past two years. Who are they trying to impress? Most of us who watch the show regularly know that this isnt a real representation of the actors; and if they are trying to impress new viewers into watching, don't you think they will be disappointed when they turn on their television screens and Barbie and Ken aren't there?

The photo with Ben/Claudia was ok and while the actual picture of AT/Ben isn't bad, I really do not like the angle they used. Very strange.

In the team photo without Claudia, CJ doesn't even look real; and in the most of the other shots the actors look really washed out aside from being highly airbrushed. All of these actors are extremely attractive. I just don't understand why Sci-fi feels they need to do this to the promo photos.

Oh well, it just proves I shouldn't get too excited about this sort of thing anymore.

By the way if you want to see some more bad photoshop manipulations... here are some I did last night. Maybe I should apply at Sci-Fi for next year's photo shoot. Obviously skill or experience isn't a pre-reg.

Photo 1

Photo 2 - I only changed the angle on this one.

Photo 3

Comment

whoa a little to much make up on CJ
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah
                              looks like a serious OD of airbrushing to me...
                              Nearly fatal OD

Is that image in your sig from Despair.com? Looks like one but I coudln't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                                Daniel's new Glasses look interesting.
                                http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/image...-10-CA-001.jpg
                                defiantly a different look looks cool i think
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X