Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First details on SG-1's 'The Shroud' (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is not a speculation thread, but since we're discussing the episode anyway, anyone else wondering where Daniel was that the others went offworld without him? I mean, he must not have been in trouble or MIA for them to continue to go offworld looking for Ori influences. Do you think he was 'away' from the team for just this episode or was lead up to it? Like he was already gone for a few episodes before this airs. What was he doing offworld to get 'priorized' as some puts it.

I know I'm excited for this! I haven't judged any episodes based on spoilers as I think it's pretty pointless until I see the episode itself, but this one really excites me! And I think it funny -not to offend anyone, just a personal observation- that people will say this is a good episode or a bold move or finally the writers are doing something right when the whole spoiler was for the teaser. We don't know what the rest of the ep is like yet.. so..

I agree with most here that I hope it's not a one off episode where Daniel will return to normal when the next one airs. But remember this one point.. early on they hinted at a controversial Daniel arc! So I think it's fairly safe to say it'll last for at least 3 episodes. *is giddy with excitement* Anyone realize Daniel's my favorite character? : D

Comment

I think this is going to be an awesome episode (better than 200, Flesh and Blood, and Counter-Strike), according to spoilers I mean.
      sigpic

Comment

I almost don't know what to say. Daniel as a Prior, that's just wicked. TPTB definitely still have some big ones, if you catch my drift. I can't wait to see how they work this one. For me, this just confirms why I still love this show.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think Daniel has done this to learn of the Ancient side of the Ancients when they were still the Alterans, hence offering the "soft" approach of not bringing pestilence or punishment to them for having to think over the choice of origin.

I wonder if he does go back to being human (first tauri prior btw) how he'll feel about making those who chose not the path of origin suffer for thier choice.

Comment

All I can say is OMFG! I read this and had to reread it three times! I remember Joe talking about a verry controvfersial Daniel arc and this just confirms my faith in the show. I personally think the spoilers for all the episodes including Bounty look ausome. I believe season 10 will be excellent I havent read a spoiler I didn't like. I loved season 9 and feel I will love season 10 as much or better. Come on July!
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

This episode sounds great... what has me truely befudled is how they plan on turning him back? Gerak proves that if you go against the Ori you die...

And I'm pretty sure TPTB said in order for somebody to turn into a Prior you have to be willing... Should make for a great character arc

Ace
              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

That spoiler was one of the most boring reads. Your typical Oreo episode blah blah blah. The “Bounty” episode spoilers were having more appeal UNTIL...........that last line.

I swear I am not going to get my hopes up for this episode, but it sounds like it could be very promising.....or at least in my mind it could be. I’m not sure what the writers have in mind for it...... *crosses fingers*
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                  All I can say is OMFG! I read this and had to reread it three times! I remember Joe talking about a verry controvfersial Daniel arc and this just confirms my faith in the show. I personally think the spoilers for all the episodes including Bounty look ausome. I believe season 10 will be excellent I havent read a spoiler I didn't like. I loved season 9 and feel I will love season 10 as much or better. Come on July!
                  You know, I like the way you think. I feel pretty much the same way.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

it would be some sick joke if adria did that to him in his sleep. but the best we can say is if he gets back to normal he can have perspectives on both sides
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                      it would be some sick joke if adria did that to him in his sleep. but the best we can say is if he gets back to normal he can have perspectives on both sides
                      I for one sure hope he eventually will get back to normal. Don't give me wrong, I'd like to see this arc play out for awhile, but definitely not permanently.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                        This is the first time I've been quite literally floored when reading spoilers for this show. I'm honestly surprised that the studio would let out something that HUGE though. I'm thinking that there has to be something behind this because I can't see Daniel willingly "turning to the dark side".
                        I completely agree with you on how surprising it is that the studios let slip such a huge spoiler. I also had to pick my jaw up off the floor after reading that. I am heartily intrigued and am currently looking forward the most to this episode (not that I wasn't looking forward to all of season 10 to begin with). I cannot wait to see how this all turns out and hope I am not disappointed. Haven't been so far....

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                        Photobucket

Comment

Aaaaargh! Priorized Daniel able to wield freaky powers and preach a humane version of Origin. He'll probably even say that all the prostration isn't necessary.

That's the scariest thing TPTB have introduced yet!

Comment

I think it's pretty clear that the two episodes that Daniel will be absent for will take place immediately after Daniel goes missing after being lost to whatever place he becomes priorized. "The Shroud" will probably be 10.17, or 10.19 at latest, and this will have a big effect on the finale.

Comment

I think it'd be really great if they let it play out for the season (hopefully not series) finale. I also hope this is not just an 'undercover' job.. from the spoilers, the team seemed surprised that it was Daniel.. so whatever happened, they weren't part of it.

Comment

it says that the prior is preaching only good n not threating, what does that mean???

Comment

Working...
                                X