Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First details on SG-1's 'The Shroud' (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd give it a couple of episodes before Daniel is de-priored.

Comment

This is the first time I've been quite literally floored when reading spoilers for this show. I'm honestly surprised that the studio would let out something that HUGE though. I'm thinking that there has to be something behind this because I can't see Daniel willingly "turning to the dark side".

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

First off, I had to re-read it, I was like Daniel a Prior, nah, it can't be. Secondly, we've heard, that the Ori will claim, that it was in fact the Ancients, that tried to wipe them out. Maybe that's why Daniel's a Prior, to discover the truth. But, when do they get him, does, he return to Celestis, I can't believe this, but this can potentially be, one of the best, Stargate arcs ever.

Comment

Wow! I am totally shocked!! I think my jaw dropped to the floor! And what a chance for Michael Shanks to use his acting chops in this one. This is going to be incredible. They said Season 10 would be "darker", and I guess they were telling the truth. This is going to be one of those "can't wait" episodes. Come on Season 10!
          EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

they better not kill him off and accend him and decend him to our plain, normal.
            or make it a alternate universe.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by star47
              Wow! I am totally shocked!! I think my jaw dropped to the floor! And what a chance for Michael Shanks to use his acting chops in this one. This is going to be incredible. They said Season 10 would be "darker", and I guess they were telling the truth. This is going to be one of those "can't wait" episodes. Come on Season 10!
              Except that all the Priors were've seen so far have been like Zombies, just repeating the same old rhetoric over and over. I can't see where Shanks would get the chance to really "get into it" playing a Prior.

Comment

this storyline sounds dark and interesting. i just hope the writers don't decide to go soft and ruin a really great idea for daniel jackson. (and this has been the ONLY spoiler/ep so far that sounds worth watching!)

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Way back in March when I had the chance to meet up with Joe Mallozzi at dinner with friends and we chatted about Daniel and the controversial arc and the sacrifices Daniel had made I had an inkling that something big like this might be coming.

Particularly the way Joe had looked straight at me with a knowing smile when he unflinchingly refused to let me get away without giving an answer as to which Daniel episode is my favourite and why. Now I know why he said the things he said about Daniel and the episode.

Comment

My biggest surprise is that they let such a big spoiler out and that is alone enough for me to take this with a grain of salt. I do not beieve they will run with this for very long - I actually believe it is Daniel going in undercover and it is a scam.

My other immediate thought - ohhh this is how they plan on keeping it to a team of 4 - Daniel is missing already for the 4 eps MS is out and now he may be away form the team (again) for several more thus writing for a 4 person team (not that they write for a "team" anyway anymore).

Comment

... or missing for several episodes, I wonder if this would result in a difference in the appearance and presentation of Vala. Most of the time when she was playing and goofing off and whatnot, it was around Daniel. Take away Daniel and leave Carter, Mitchell, and Teal'c, and we might get a new perspective on Vala.

Comment

Originally posted by star47
                        I totally agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Gater_Gurl
                          I totally agree!
                          Yup, I'll second that. We know MS has the talent and capabilities to carry this off and the fact that this storyline is just what the show needs to take more risk with its characters is fantastic.

I like that the Daniel arc is a dark one especially this is the man who said the following so passionately in Origin:

Respect, yes, certainly. But that doesn't mean I would murder innocent people in their name. I guess what I'm trying to understand is whether the Ori have spoken to you directly and told you to worship them, or whether you've…misinterpreted some evidence you've found along the way and developed this religion on your own.

I can't speak for everyone in my galaxy, but in my own humble opinion, I don't believe that any individual or society can achieve enlightenment through fear-mongering and forced servitude, no matter what power is presented as evidence. That's something the ascended beings I know very clearly seem to understand.

Don't get me wrong, I mean, we should all be trying to better ourselves. I mean if-if ascension is the ultimate end we're trying to achieve, then so be it, but we should all be allowed to get there or not of our own free will. You can kill me for saying that, but that is what I believe and nothing you say or do will EVER change my mind.

Lots of food for thought.

Comment

Adria probably gets so anoyed with daniels talking and priorizes him with a glaring look, just to piss ole mom off and show whos in power.

Comment

OH MY WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prior Jackson.

this could be a huge arc. ori are bad enough and now their beloved daniel will be a prior.

this could be huge, when i read it my jaw dropped

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's shadow
                                Way back in March when I had the chance to meet up with Joe Mallozzi at dinner with friends and we chatted about Daniel and the controversial arc and the sacrifices Daniel had made I had an inkling that something big like this might be coming.

Particularly the way Joe had looked straight at me with a knowing smile when he unflinchingly refused to let me get away without giving an answer as to which Daniel episode is my favourite and why. Now I know why he said the things he said about Daniel and the episode.
                                So now you've got me curious as to what your favorite episode is and what Joe said.

Well....since I **tched about the "Bounty" spoilers last week I'll say that these spoilers sound really intriguing. The setup has a lot of promise and sounds like it could kick off a really good story arc....IF they follow it through. I sure hope it's not Daniel just going "undercover". ETA: Although, just thinking of "Shades of Grey" (one of my favorites), if cleverly written that might not be so bad.

I always wanted one of the SG-1 team members to get Gou'alded and have it stick for awhile. I'm evil that way. Gou'alding would have been more fun - all those flamboyant clothes - but being "Prioritized" isn't too bad.

I totally agree that it's great they're taking some risks with the characters.
                                Last edited by keshou; 05 June 2006, 07:09 PM.
                                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X