This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
    They want them to do a movie and a third season. They seemed pretty stretched as it is. Plus, the way that they describe the show has changed, in nine it was like 'oh we can go all the way to season 15...' now it's 'well season ten is icing on the cake.'
    MGM are talking about wanting to do a third series, that doesn't mean it'll ever happen. As for the movie, they haven't even got a script, I wouldn't expect it to happen next week, or even next year.

And to be honest, truthfully I think they are increasingly realising that the cast may want to move on soon with their families taking priority, and money is an issue 'specially with Sony taking over. But this is a case of reading something with your own personal baggage in the way.

You read it as they are conciously screwing up and know it sucks, I read it completely differently.

I could be wrong and perhaps they will be willing to heir a new writting staff, directors, and build or rent a new studio to have a place to film and store sets for these projects. With those things they can run three shows at one time.
    I don't think they are going to be running 3 shows at the same time. 1 throw away comment and that's what everyone thinks in happening. Until I hear something more concrete then "I would like the have a 3rd stargate", I wont believe it's going to actually come to fruition.

Personally I care more about the 2 shows already on the air, then the one that may happen some time in the future.
    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

[QUOTE=Deevil] But this is a case of reading something with your own personal baggage in the way.

[QUOTE]

What personal baggage are you talking about?

Comment

Personally, I feel this episode has promise. I can't wait to get a load of this bounty hunter. Also, seeing Cam at his High School Reunion, that should be pretty funny. And with Vala there, that just reaffirms my last statement.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
          MGM are talking about wanting to do a third series, that doesn't mean it'll ever happen. As for the movie, they haven't even got a script, I wouldn't expect it to happen next week, or even next year.
          Uh, actually... that's not true. RCC can be quoted on saying that they have written a script for a movie, and were looking to get it produced.

Comment

What personal baggage are you talking about?
            You already feel that the quality of the show is low, that is likely to colour what you read relating to the show. It's what happens. I don't think the quality has dropped greatly, thus I will read it differently.

Make sense?

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
            Uh, actually... that's not true. RCC can be quoted on saying that they have written a script for a movie, and were looking to get it produced.
            And Brad Wright has said they are working on it. Personally I will believe BW over RCC who changes his mind like his underwear.
            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Though the thing is Stargate SG1's original premise was to explore the galaxy to find new technology to use in defense of Earth. There really shouldn't be any extra romantic relationships going on in this show. And if there is, it should really be limited to the occational flirting, since the military is suposed to be professional while setting a good example. I can understand Daniel getting some every now and then, he's a civilian, but the military characters really should have their home lives separated from their jobs. Meaning, babe magnet or not, it really shouldn't be a factor in the show. Plus since the premise of this show is going though the Stargate to find new technology, Earth based shows should really be limited to the SGC or military bases.

Personally, I don't think TPTB want a season 11, so they are doing everything in their power to sabotage the 10th season.

Why shouldn't there be any romantic, or any other kind of relationships? All human interactions are based on some sort of relationship. Granted, I know that there's the team relationship that folks favor, and that's understandable.

Military people do have relationships, just the way civilians do, and yet manage to set a good example. So do ministers, teachers, firemen and parents. Why should Daniel "get some" more frequently than Mitchell just by virtue of the fact that he's a civvie? They work for the same organization and come across the same types of people. It's not like Mitchell's out picking up hookers or something...

One of the best SG1 episodes I've seen--and granted, I'm not a junkie or an expert--was a first season, "Crystal Skull" maybe? It's the one where an alien takes Jack's form and goes back to Sarah to find Charlie.

The least interesting parts of that episode dealt with the technology--the most riveting and moving were the scenes showing the interaction between "Jack" and Sarah, his ex father in law, the memories of Charlie, and then, finally, having to say good-bye again to Charlie himself. We learned something new about Jack, especially as this was an early episode.

yeah, the catalyst for this happening was the going thru the gate but the heart of the episode was Jack's coming to grips with his loss--loss of marriage, child, identity, really. I was crying like a baby at the end.

My point, because I do have one, is that relationships are what truly keep an audience engaged, be it romantic, parent/child, co-worker, etc. It's unrealistic to expect that young, attractive, vital, intelligent people aren't going to get romantically involved. If anything, that could provide a key into their personalities (if we're lucky).

As for TPTB not wanting a season 11...I'm sure there's not a TV writer/producer out there who looks forward to trying to find a new job. It's not easy in ordinary circumstances; I'm sure it's much more difficult in TV land.

Comment

Though the thing is Stargate SG1's original premise was to explore the galaxy to find new technology to use in defense of Earth.
                Well, that sounds pretty boring.

Comment

You already feel that the quality of the show is low, that is likely to colour what you read relating to the show. It's what happens. I don't think the quality has dropped greatly, thus I will read it differently.

Make sense?

And Brad Wright has said they are working on it. Personally I will believe BW over RCC who changes his mind like his underwear.
                  Makes sense to me. I don't personally feel the show's quality has dropped at all.

As for the RCC comment, LMAO!!!
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Make sense?
                    So basically you're saying that since I mainly post what I disagree with on the show (outside the character and relationships threads), I perceive or analyze everything like that. Meanwhile since you feel the quality is still high, you will look at it from that higher point of view.

My question is then, why bother replying to my posts or anyone else that reads what's happening to the show in the same light?

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                      One of the best SG1 episodes I've seen--and granted, I'm not a junkie or an expert--was a first season, "Crystal Skull" maybe? It's the one where an alien takes Jack's form and goes back to Sarah to find Charlie.
                      Just for info's sake, that ep was called "Cold Lazarus".
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

So basically you're saying that since I mainly post what I disagree with on the show (outside the character and relationships threads), I perceive or analyze everything like that. Meanwhile since you feel the quality is still high, you will look at it from that higher point of view.

My question is then, why bother replying to my posts or anyone else that reads what's happening to the show in the same light?
                        I think you are taking what I am saying too personally. So, let me try again.

Everything we read we read bring out own baggage/personal perceptions. Now, that is going to colour what we read and how we read it. It doesn't mean you can't post about it, doesn't mean I can't reply. It just means because of our perceptions we are likely to look for different things and see them differently.

Now, you feel that you can reply to a post and air your opinions right? Well so can I. I was just pointing out that our baggage that we bring along colours that opinion. I believe there is nothing wrong with saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                          Just for info's sake, that ep was called "Cold Lazarus".
                          Gracias!

Comment

Gracias!
                            De nada / You're welcome.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Military people do have relationships, just the way civilians do, and yet manage to set a good example. So do ministers, teachers, firemen and parents. Why should Daniel "get some" more frequently than Mitchell just by virtue of the fact that he's a civvie? They work for the same organization and come across the same types of people. It's not like Mitchell's out picking up hookers or something...
                              Wow, I'm going to be a teacher in a little more then a year. In my grad school program, they teach us to never bring our relationships into the classroom. As far as the students are concerned, we are their teachers and that's it. My relationships should not affect my work performance at all. Heaven forbid if I were to date someone else that worked in the building, the students would have a field day with that.

As for Military people having relationships, I don't know about this, that's why I'm asking, but are our people in Iraq allowed to date an Iraqi civilian while they are serving in that part of the world?

Oh, and are people that work on the same base allowed to date each other, or do they have to be the same rank? Daniel being a civilian kind of goes around that since he doesn't have those restrictions. Hence why I could understand him being able to have more noticable relationships on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
                                Well, that sounds pretty boring.
                                It worked for eight years.

Comment

Working...
                                X