This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smurf
    Who knows? Maybe, because for quite a few people his character is not deep enough to avoid the simple tags? **shrug**

I'm surprised you ever have to explain it at all.
    But obviously my "vocabulary" is a little more extensive than other peoples.
    Well, that may be so. But I wouldn't anticipate that a character with one season under his belt would have the same depth as a character with 8 seasons under his belt.

I'm surprised, too, that I feel compelled to explain things like frell and frak but, believe it or not, there are still some people out there who don't read between the lines...

And it's always the curse words you learn first, right?

At any rate: "Cameron Mitchell, babe magnet." Picture of Mitchell in the black t, arms crossed, serious look, nice short hair.

I dunno...kinda has a nice ring to it

Comment

Season 10 sounds absolutely crap especially with this episode. I swear to you there will be no season 11 if it carries on like this. Shocking, absolutely shocking! Atlantis sounds fracking cool though at least that will be good, but Sg-1 is dissappointing me big-time!
      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
        Well, that may be so. But I wouldn't anticipate that a character with one season under his belt would have the same depth as a character with 8 seasons under his belt.
        But then there are many shows that managed to build interesting and reasonably deep characters within their first season. Stargate: SG-1 being one of them.
        No one had been comparing him to a 8 year veteran.
        I'm surprised, too, that I feel compelled to explain things like frell and frak but, believe it or not, there are still some people out there who don't read between the lines...

And it's always the curse words you learn first, right?
        Personally, I wouldn't bother unless specifically asked. If they've manage to live that long without being able to make the association, then let them have their safe little world a bit longer.
        At any rate: "Cameron Mitchell, babe magnet." Picture of Mitchell in the black t, arms crossed, serious look, nice short hair.

I dunno...kinda has a nice ring to it
        Potatoes/potartoes.

Comment

OMG - Mitchell meets his high school crush and she is BEAUTIFUL and AVAILABLE! I can't wait to watch. Not.

Comment

You mean Mitchell ISN'T a babe magnet... (goes off to re-watch Mitchell to wonder why he wouldn't be a babe magnet).
            LOL. I was thinking the same thing.

If someone who looks like that ISN'T a babe magnet there's something really wrong with women in the Stargate "universe".

Comment

Potatoes/potartoes.
              PoTARDIS?

Comment

But then there are many shows that managed to build interesting and reasonably deep characters within their first season. Stargate: SG-1 being one of them.
                Farscape being another. I think even Xfiles managed it well with Doggett, although Reyes was never quite developed.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant

If someone who looks like that ISN'T a babe magnet there's something really wrong with women in the Stargate "universe".
                  Man, that is so true. LOL But what's funny is that there's no indication that Mitchell is a babe magnet. One episode in the entire season shows him talking to another girl and suddenly he's a babe magnet. Exagerate much?

I think this ep could be a lot of fun, but like all ep descriptions, you can't really tell how it'll turn out from spoilers.

Comment

Farscape being another. I think even Xfiles managed it well with Doggett, although Reyes was never quite developed.
                    Yep, which is a shame that (i personally feel) they made such a mess of Mitchell.
                    I, for one, hope there is something wrong with the women in the stargate "universe". Let's trade it for some nice character elements. Hmm, maybe even some platonic character moments, and team interaction...

ETA: In fact, let's have some more women in the Stargate universe with depth.
                    Aaannnd we're off topic.
                    Last edited by smurf; 31 May 2006, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                      PoTARDIS?
                      The option to go back in time and save us from this idea? Yes please.

Comment

LOL. Exactly.

Daniel and Teal'c aren't bad in the oo-la-la department either. SG1 is a cornucopia of pretty, no matter where your tastes lie.

I, for one, hope there is something wrong with the women in the stargate "universe". Let's trade it for some nice character elements. Hmm, maybe even some platonic character moments, and team interaction...
                        Well, so far I haven't seen him jump Carter, Vala or Lam, all three quite attractive, nor has he made any moves towards Daniel or Teal'c (in the unlikely event the gals aren't his type), so I guess he has the ability to keep his pants up and treat the women as platonic teammates and not potential conquests. And one time he didn't/may not have kept his pants on, the woman was murdered.

Take that, one night stand!

Comment

In the first season of SGA, I really thought the character of John Sheppard was terrific. He was smart, heroic, funny, good looking - the perfect package. About half way through season 2, TPTB decided to turn him into "The Babe Magnet" (as the Skiffy commercials dubbed him) and every episode included him chasing a skirt, or a skirt after him. He quit behaving like a high ranking Air Force officer would, and turned into a 40 year old horny college kid. Needless to say, it got OLD very FAST, to the point where a lot of fans are quite angry about the way the character deteriorated. My husband quit watching the show because he said he didn't want to see a "player" in one of his fav sci-fi shows. I'm sticking with the show, for now, but if the Shep babe machine doesn't disappear quickly, I'm watching something else.

I would hate for TPTB to start using the character of Mitchell in the same way. The teasers say he meets an old flame and they BOTH admit they liked each other in the past. They also make a big deal about her being gorgeous, divorced and AVAILABLE! I'm probably "gun shy" by this time, but it just feels like "kirking" is inching its way into SG1 as well. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope this is a one-time shot and that Mitchell won't be oogling everything with boobs from now on. I've lost my fav character on SGA, and I don't want to lose my "new" fav on SG1.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

It actually sound like they be setting mitchell character up. What I mean is that they made have these two actually start to full in love with each other. Only for the women to be killed of by this bounty hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                              It actually sound like they be setting mitchell character up. What I mean is that they made have these two actually start to full in love with each other. Only for the women to be killed of by this bounty hunter.
                              I could live with that. *crossing fingers*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Well, so far I haven't seen him jump Carter, Vala or Lam, all three quite attractive, nor has he made any moves towards Daniel or Teal'c (in the unlikely event the gals aren't his type), so I guess he has the ability to keep his pants up and treat the women as platonic teammates and not potential conquests. And one time he didn't/may not have kept his pants on, the woman was murdered.

Take that, one night stand!
                                So you'd prefer that the women in the universe treat him as a babe magnet, or that he be "chasing skirt" than he be given a bit more character depth?

That's what I was responding to.

Less sex and love life, and more character for me please.
                                Again; Potato/Potarto

And before anyone says we get to know all about him through his love life... they did that with Sam. It didn't exactly make her character stronger.

Comment

Working...
                                X