Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Except she's not old enough to play the fully grown Adria, who's supposed to be in her mid-twenties.

Tania is only eighteen. And she looks like she's fifteen.

Comment

Umm, since we haven't seen Morena play Adria yet, I am not personally keen on re-casting the role.

As for Stargate 'stealing' from other shows, interesting take on things. Although I question whether or not you think every television show steals actors, since mostly the actors they get have been on other shows or movies.

Stealing implies they belong to something or someone. I don't see that in the casting of roles.
      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
        Stargate are stealing and using everyone from everyshow, Connorman from Trek as well as one of 'The Other Guys' from Trek. Mitchell and Vala from Farscape, Baccarin from Firefly. Erm, that's it, my bad.
        Stargate tends to land really good actors for key guest and supporting character roles, regardless of what other work they may have done.

The list of Star Trek alumni to appear in Stargate is pretty long, but then again, that's a big franchise, and is currently defunct. Hence, lots of actors with experience in sci-fi television looking for work. They haven't managed to get anybody from the original Trek, though. If that ever happens we can talk about gimmickry.

a time to mourn

Comment

I'm sure that Morena is going to do a good job. But before she was cast, I was hoping that the producers of the show would notice the lovely Marisa Petroro (one of the briefcase models on Deal or No Deal)

http://www.marisapetroro.com/portfolio.html

Ok yes, I did interview her recently so I am kinda partial to her LOL, but I thought she had the right look and is the right age to play Adria and I thought she bore enough of a resemblance to Claudia to play her daughter.

Marla
          ______
          Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
            Well, MOrena Baccarin is hot, and the Ori are fire.... so
            Indeed! I'm sure she'll do a great job as Adria, and be very pleasant on the eyes as well.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
              They did that with Renee O'Connor in Xena.

If it wouldn't be so difficult to work with a child actor for the whole season, I would suggest keeping Adria as a child. A villain who is physically seven or twelve years old would be creepy.
              Agreed.

Comment

Or they could have the girl who was in Titanic, the old version of Kate Winslet's character.

Mattathias

Comment

I guess I'll have to wait on how Morena plays out. I loved her in Firefly and Serenity, but I'm just a little used to her curly hair.

There's only us,
                  There's only this
                  Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
                  No other road,
                  No other way
                  No day but today...

Comment

Originally posted by KillerMercury
                    I guess I'll have to wait on how Morena plays out. I loved her in Firefly and Serenity, but I'm just a little used to her curly hair.
                    Hey, maybe it will still be curly. We can hope - I think she looked stunning in Firefly.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
                      Umm, since we haven't seen Morena play Adria yet, I am not personally keen on re-casting the role.

As for Stargate 'stealing' from other shows, interesting take on things. Although I question whether or not you think every television show steals actors, since mostly the actors they get have been on other shows or movies.

Stealing implies they belong to something or someone. I don't see that in the casting of roles.

Just about every actor who's ever been on "24" has been or will be on another Fox show. I think Gina Torres, late of "Firefly" has a new show on Fox. Adam Baldwin, also of "Firefly" had a show on Fox.

Sci-fi's a very different medium than the average cop show. You've got effects and green screens and I think producers prefer to hire actors who are used to that type of situation and know how to convingingly react to the big scary monster that we see, when they're actually seeing a sock puppet or a fake snake on a stick. Or a green screen.

Plus, let's face it. Sci-fi audiences tend to be more rabidly loyal than your average TV viewer. I think that's the other reason producers bring in sci fi "name" actors--they have an audience who'll follow them.

That being said, though...Tania Raymonde does indeed look a lot like Claudia Black. And closer to what you'd expect a daughter to look like as well.

Interesting...now it's gonna bug me that it's not her

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                        That being said, though...Tania Raymonde does indeed look a lot like Claudia Black. And closer to what you'd expect a daughter to look like as well.

Interesting...now it's gonna bug me that it's not her
                        I don't know, I just really think Morena is going to do a hell of a job in the role. I can't wait to see her first appearance.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think Morena is perfect for the role. She has the looks of what you would think Adria would be, beautiful, yet strong. She has experience in Sci-Fi as well.
                          Hallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Even tho I do NOT agree with the Ori way of accomplishing their goals
                            (such as: wiping out anyone *ancient* regardless of who or why...)

I am only looking forward to Morena Baccarin portraying Adria provided TPTB don't put that awful Prior/Doci makeup on her. (IMHO) She's more enticing without looking hideous and could have more influenence just from her own natural beauty.

Originally posted by Sauron18:
                            Well, MOrena Baccarin is hot, and the Ori are fire.... so
                            mega dimensional worlds of difference between the 2 hotties.

There's external burning by Ori - usually makes people dead... ask Vala.
                            and then there's an internal firey BURRRRRRNing sensation caused by Adria...

Comment

According to SyFy Portal, there's a comment Morena Baccarin made in an interview quote that
                              Spoiler:
                              she'll be wearing special contacts (lenses) during her portrayal of Adria. Perhaps the silvery ones that make their wearers look blindish?

Translates - aside from being pure evil incarnate, she'll have at least some of the Ori-Prior/Doci makeup on...

If it's just the lenses, maybe okay. Unless she gets dressed up in tight fitting outfits like some of the Wraith females on SGA, then maybe she'll still have some amazingly enticing effects on some viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa
                                According to SyFy Portal, there's a comment Morena Baccarin made in an interview quote that
                                Spoiler:
                                she'll be wearing special contacts (lenses) during her portrayal of Adria. Perhaps the silvery ones that make their wearers look blindish?

Translates - aside from being pure evil incarnate, she'll have at least some of the Ori-Prior/Doci makeup on...

If it's just the lenses, maybe okay. Unless she gets dressed up in tight fitting outfits like some of the Wraith females on SGA, then maybe she'll still have some amazingly enticing effects on some viewers.
                                Yeah, hopefully the
                                Spoiler:
                                contact lenses are it.
                                I don't think her character has the need for all the other Prior/Doci-related makeup, etc. Afterall, she is an actual human-form Ori, not someone changed by the Ori. Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X