This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man
    If I'm not mistaken, the Prometheus already had Asgard shields by the episode "Grace" in Season 7. Wasn't Thor supervising their installation in Season 6's "Disclosure"?
    Even then... the Prometheus' shields were weaker than the ones on the DSC-304s. I'd say the Grace Ship is probably as strong as the O'Neill or Beliskner class ships. But that probably means target practice for the Ori.

Oh and if these Grace aliens had shield tech... why did they shoot down the missiles fired by the Prometheus? That seemed very Wraith-ish thing to do. Take down the missiles before they get anywhere near the ship... hmm.

If they lack shield tech or have weak shields... the Ori weapons officers will make more debris fields.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

There is just something about that ship from Grace taht (besides looking like a Romulan Warbird) reminds me of the aliens from Foothold. Not only the architecture of the ship but the actions of the aliens. There was no communication, they abducted every member of the Prometheus crew and they kept them alive, there was no apparent motivation for their actions, everything fits the same modus operandi of the Foothold aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
        If I'm not mistaken, the Prometheus already had Asgard shields by the episode "Grace" in Season 7. Wasn't Thor supervising their installation in Season 6's "Disclosure"?
        All that happened in 'Disclosure' was that Thor said the Asgard would be installing Asgard designed shields and weapons on Prometheus. I don't think it was ever actually established when they were put on. Though, it does bring up the point- did they ever actually give us weapons?; the DSC weapons seem to be very 'Earth' based.

Comment

I had always thought that the aliens in 'Grace' were the 'Foothold' aliens as well. If they were then I must ask why they didn't just teleport their Prometheus crew copies instead of the actual crew. It makes perfect sense and Sam wouldn't know. Besides, if that did happen then the PTB would be long overdue for an episode like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
            All that happened in 'Disclosure' was that Thor said the Asgard would be installing Asgard designed shields and weapons on Prometheus. I don't think it was ever actually established when they were put on. Though, it does bring up the point- did they ever actually give us weapons?; the DSC weapons seem to be very 'Earth' based.
            i think it was ethon when rpomethus got destroyed they said that the satilight weapon was able to go straight throught there asgard sheilding

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

Originally posted by nemisis
              i think it was ethon when rpomethus got destroyed they said that the satilight weapon was able to go straight throught there asgard sheilding
              I'm well aware of the Asgard designed shielding. I was asking about the weapons.

Comment

I believe they did give us weapons.. energy weapons... but our generators were insufficient in terms of generating power. Even the Naquadriah generators have issues.. instability as the power requirements went higher.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                  I believe they did give us weapons.. energy weapons... but our generators were insufficient in terms of generating power. Even the Naquadriah generators have issues.. instability as the power requirements went higher.
                  Hmm... Don't remember that... What ep was the energy weapon thing mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                    Even then... the Prometheus' shields were weaker than the ones on the DSC-304s. I'd say the Grace Ship is probably as strong as the O'Neill or Beliskner class ships. But that probably means target practice for the Ori.

Oh and if these Grace aliens had shield tech... why did they shoot down the missiles fired by the Prometheus? That seemed very Wraith-ish thing to do. Take down the missiles before they get anywhere near the ship... hmm.

If they lack shield tech or have weak shields... the Ori weapons officers will make more debris fields.

Well for one, why let missles from a completely unknown ship impact your own, shields or not, if you can simply shoot them down? Its just common sense on the Grace Alien's part to shoot down incomming fire if they have the ability, you never know when an unknown missle could be a nasty ancient drone type thing.

As for their tech, it would be pretty silly for them to lack shields. Its a huge ship, worthy of protecting, and they are advanced enough to have ringless beaming technology, something completely beyond even the Goa'Uld, who themselves had shields.

Also, despite there being no real evidence for it, i rather like the idea that the Grace ship belonged to the "Foothold Aliens".

Comment

Ok well judging by the very limited information we have on the Grace ship I would say the Ori ship would still win out. It's hard to believe that there is a race that is more powerful than the Asgard in our own galaxy. We probably would have noticed them or atleast heard about them from our allies.

Comment

Originally posted by Tain
                        Well for one, why let missles from a completely unknown ship impact your own, shields or not, if you can simply shoot them down? Its just common sense on the Grace Alien's part to shoot down incomming fire if they have the ability, you never know when an unknown missle could be a nasty ancient drone type thing.

As for their tech, it would be pretty silly for them to lack shields. Its a huge ship, worthy of protecting, and they are advanced enough to have ringless beaming technology, something completely beyond even the Goa'Uld, who themselves had shields.
                        Exactly, i completely agree!

It's starting to sound more and more like the ship from 'Grace' does belong to the Furlings. They had beaming tech just like the asguard and weapons that seemed like they were capable of shooting down ancient drones before they reached the ship.
                        sigpic
                        By *E*K*R*

Comment

Hmm... Don't remember that... What ep was the energy weapon thing mentioned?
                          It was given to us in Disclosure... as for actual use.. I'd have to find the episode again.

Comment

Does anyone else think that the episode 'Grace' would have been utterly forgotten about by now (as another mid-season filler episode) If we diddnt all secretly think that the ship is actually a star-destroying Furling warship of ultimate awesomeness ?

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                              It was given to us in Disclosure... as for actual use.. I'd have to find the episode again.
                              They mentioned it was energy weapons in that episode!? Dang, I must have been sleeping every time I watched that ep.

Comment

I don't think the Asgard gave us energy weapons because in Atlantis the commander of the Daedalus says that the Asgard have not shared offensive weapons tech with them because the Asgard don't want to give us anything that we can turn around and use on them. That scene in Disclosure is just a continuity error I guess. Plus the Prometheus has never been seen using energy weapons and I'm pretty sure the naquadria generators can produce enough power for at least some minor energy weapons.

Comment

Working...
                                X